I ordered my keyone on June 5th (don't ask why I waited, I was hoping for a miracle that a carrier would announce releasing it and, therefore, could have it insured through att) through Amazon and was given a mid July delivery date.

Just received an email this morning stating shipment (I'm on prime two-day shipping) will arrive by Friday this week, meaning shipping tomorrow. Great news.

Question is if anyone can confirm best buy selling geek squad insurance on a phone (for liquids, cracked dropped phones, etc) that is still new but sold from another vendor (as best buy still doesn't have key one in stock). That way I can have my key one on Friday and take the sealed box right to Best buy and purchase the insurance on the phone so I have that taken care of. Any confirmed knowledge of this?

also, if this is not available, where does one buy insurance for liquid/physical damage if they buy their phone on Amazon? obviously a brick and mortar store is probably preferable.
    06-13-17 09:38 AM
    squaretrade might work
    06-13-17 09:41 AM
    squaretrade might work
    he would have needed to take the Square trade when purchased, but can call Amazon before it arrives

2-Year Unlocked Mobile Phone Protection Plan
    from Assurant
    3.4 out of 5 stars (224)
    $125.04

$99 Dollar deductible will apply; Only available to US residents
    Coverage includes spills, drops and cracks
    Free 2-way shipping for repair and replacement
    100% parts and labor covered Delivered by e-mail; register online or by phone. Cancel anytime
    Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
    06-13-17 09:50 AM
    squaretrade might work
    Know of one without a deductible?
    06-13-17 09:56 AM
    he would have needed to take the Square trade when purchased, but can call Amazon before it arrives

2-Year Unlocked Mobile Phone Protection Plan
    from Assurant
    3.4 out of 5 stars (224)
    $125.04

$99 Dollar deductible will apply; Only available to US residents
    Coverage includes spills, drops and cracks
    Free 2-way shipping for repair and replacement
    100% parts and labor covered Delivered by e-mail; register online or by phone. Cancel anytime
    Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
    Tough to decide, especially for two year (was wanting no more than one year). Hmm
    06-13-17 09:57 AM
    06-13-17 12:15 PM
    According to Best Buy's website, you can purchase Geek Squad when you purchase the phone. They currently have GSM and CDMA in stock.
    06-13-17 04:23 PM
    Bestbuy in stock? Are you sure, as I see only that they don't (in store or delivery) and have an expected date towards the end of the month
    06-13-17 04:42 PM
    06-13-17 04:42 PM
    One year coverage plan at Squaretrade is $89.

https://www.squaretrade.com/checkout...ox_Total_Price
    Unfortunately a deductible, which takes it to about 200$ for a claim in one year. That's why I was wanting to know if geek squad warranty could be applied to an unopened keyone box purchased from amazon
    06-13-17 04:45 PM
    You're saying best buy has it in stock, currently? I've only seen not in store currently and a delivery only towards end of the month
    According to the app, it's available for delivery. Mine allowed me to have it shipped to store by Sat. as an option.
    06-13-17 04:57 PM