Will post pictures later, but my initial thoughts....the item had scuff marks, the plastic coverings on the front and back had water marks as if they were removed and re applied (more on this) the flash had scratch marks on it, earphones were not wrapped right, idk my gut tells me this is a scam

At first glance I did however notice a new white UPC barcode that went over the black blackberry label that has the IMEI etc. info and when you tear the black tape that is on the box directly there is new combo of letters and numbers

I thought cool new - but I open it and was disappointed.

Either TCL took an already made phone and opened the box, added adhesive to it, and re packaged it horribly and tried to pass it off as new -

You know how the flash module had its own sticker on the back in the first round of unboxings, and subsequent ones had it all as one piece, well this one had the flash module with its own sticker, but get this: it was removed from the back and just sloopily placed on the front ! A tell tell sign that this thing was opened and something done to it, idk but either way I wanted a BRAND NEW phone not a refurbished device....this is ridiculous
    07-25-17 09:30 AM
    Will post pictures later, but my initial thoughts....the item had scuff marks, the plastic coverings on the front and back had water marks as if they were removed and re applied (more on this) the flash had scratch marks on it, earphones were not wrapped right, idk my gut tells me this is a scam

At first glance I did however notice a new white UPC barcode that went over the black blackberry label that has the IMEI etc. info and when you tear the black tape that is on the box directly there is new combo of letters and numbers

Either TCL took an already made phone and opened the box, added adhesive to it, and re packaged it horribly and tried to pass it off as new -

You know how the flash module had its own sticker on the back in the first round of unboxings, and subsequent ones had it all as one piece, well this one had the flash module with its own sticker, but get this: it was removed from the back and just sloopily placed on the front ! A tell tell sign that this thing was opened and something done to it, idk but either way I wanted a BRAND NEW phone not a refurbished device....this is ridiculous
    Jebus man - I thought that was only something digital river used to do...SMH.

I totally believe your story basically. Not something I haven't seen myself before.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-25-17 09:51 AM
    Was it perhaps sold by a third party on Amazon?****ty experience nonetheless...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 09:56 AM
    I had this experience with the Classic, Amazon was able to figure out that Blackberry repackaged it and sent to them as new, so they assumed it was new. Have heard of others as well, just first one with the KeyOne.
    07-25-17 12:15 PM
    I had this experience with the Classic, Amazon was able to figure out that Blackberry repackaged it and sent to them as new, so they assumed it was new. Have heard of others as well, just first one with the KeyOne.
    So they DID do that those crooks! I knew it...wow, this is truly pathetic guys. I starting seeing this since the Z30 period...sometimes the device would arrive and it just gave the impression it had been used or even refurbished somehow....ridiculous.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-25-17 12:23 PM
    The good news is that Amazon has a great return policy. Just check as to whether it is 3rd party sales. I am not sure how returns work with 3rd party on Amazon. It sounds like a shabby job so, who knows, maybe it is some wayward worker at Amazon who traded it out. I wonder if you can do some research and get back to us.
    07-25-17 12:32 PM
    Could have been a third party, or could have been purchased from Amazon Warehouse, which sells used stuff?
    07-25-17 01:31 PM
    Quite a few of you didn't too much pay attention - I clearly specified "Amazon.com LLC" - I have enough intelligence to discern if it was a third party seller - the item was NEW sold by Amazon - I made this quite clear lol - anyways I had a nasty sinus congestion and want to upload the pictures I took - it even had hair follicles under the protective case - this item was so not new at all - I'm surprised Amazon let that slide - I thought the additional white upc label meant it was new stock somehow but clearly it wasn't - if my screen falls I'll just return cut my losses and move onto another brand - I Dont like the way they are handling this issue and tired of the guessing game, no build dates, no trust in the manufacture - I pay $ for a new device not a refurb! I'll post pics as soon as I transfer them to my computer - but I can only see out one eye barely lol sinuses sick -
    07-26-17 12:37 AM
    Quite a few of you didn't too much pay attention - I clearly specified "Amazon.com LLC" - I have enough intelligence to discern if it was a third party seller - the item was NEW sold by Amazon - I made this quite clear lol - anyways I had a nasty sinus congestion and want to upload the pictures I took - it even had hair follicles under the protective case - this item was so not new at all - I'm surprised Amazon let that slide - I thought the additional white upc label meant it was new stock somehow but clearly it wasn't - if my screen falls I'll just return cut my losses and move onto another brand - I Dont like the way they are handling this issue and tired of the guessing game, no build dates, no trust in the manufacture - I pay $ for a new device not a refurb! I'll post pics as soon as I transfer them to my computer - but I can only see out one eye barely lol sinuses sick -
    Wow dude I was just checking, I did read carefully. There are people who don't realise third parties sell on Amazon. By no means a comment regarding your intelligence...

Surely Amazon will help you resolve this.. what did they say about it? And good luck with your sinus congestion, those are nasty indeed.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 02:18 AM
    Wow dude I was just checking, I did read carefully. There are people who don't realise third parties sell on Amazon. By no means a comment regarding your intelligence...

Surely Amazon will help you resolve this.. what did they say about it? And good luck with your sinus congestion, those are nasty indeed.

Posted via CB10
    Lol not "dude" and I didn't say it with malice - that's why I put lol at the end of it - I don't consider anyone here an enemy or someone for me to be rude to - we've all gotta be careful when we apply emotion to static text! Myself included.

Yes my kids and hubby all made me tea and soup today I'm up now on another round of homeopathic remedy

Amazon? Ha! I didn't even care, I just returned it at this point - too complicated - they are way too ambiguous for me and don't instill confidence in buying with them (TCL)
    07-26-17 02:59 AM
    I was one of those who made the 3rd party reference and did not mean to question you. I am really sorry that happened. It must have been very disappointing, especially since you have been sick on top of it. I recently ordered some things from Amazon and was sure I ordered 2 of one item and one of the other. Somewhere an error was made, theirs or mine. Perhaps I clicked on the order button wrong, I don't know. Anyway, I got one of the items I thought I had ordered 2 of and two of the items I thought I had ordered one of. So I will check my original order before blaming Amazon. But either way, I can return the extra item easily because of Amazon's return policy. And I can order the item I thought I was getting 2 of. It was very odd to me that it happened. However, in neither case would I blame the companys that made the items.
    07-26-17 03:23 AM
    Amazon doesnt normally open packaging to verify contents. Most retailers don't do that. If Amazon sold this as new, it means that they got it from BBMo and BBMo had marked it as new.

What Amazon will do is take it back, refund your money, and then sort it out with BBMo.
    bakron1 likes this.
    07-26-17 07:56 AM
    Set 1:
    Attached Thumbnails Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-1.png   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-2.png   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-3.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-4.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-5.jpg  

Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-6.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-7.png  
    07-26-17 09:38 AM
    Set 2:
    Attached Thumbnails Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-8.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-9.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-10.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-11.jpg   Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-12.jpg  

Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-13.png  
    07-26-17 09:39 AM
    Well that's pretty obviously not a new phone! And worse, that's also clearly a sloppy attempt to make it look like one.

Have you sent these pictures to BB Mobile/TCL? They need to see this.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    07-26-17 10:43 AM
    Just for reference, NEW devices arent sold under Amazon LLC. I think you bought a Amazon Warehouse deal. Several people have done this since TCL hasnt always had stock.

NEW KEYones should be sold under TCL like seen here. I think you may have been confused, check your order again and see what it says.

Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-screen-shot-2017-07-26-11.59.38-am.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-17 11:01 AM
    Just for reference, NEW devices arent sold under Amazon LLC. I think you bought a Amazon Warehouse deal. Several people have done this since TCL hasnt always had stock.

NEW KEYones should be sold under TCL like seen here. I think you may have been confused, check your order again and see what it says.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 11.59.38 AM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	427727
    Re READ the post - I think I'm more inclined to know what I BOUGHT with my money.... Why do some people refute the truth....lmao

Look the TCL is NEW Amazon/Amazon.Com/Amazon LLC has been the only retailer on Amazon aside from third parties on amazon.com but as I've said plenty of times already - I bought a New device from Amazon when they had stock. It wasn't any warehouse deal etc. Jezzus
    07-26-17 01:09 PM
    TCL JUST started selling not even what a full week and I don't even think they in Stock yet! Amazon and third parties on Amazon have been the only way to get it - I think I'd know if I bought from a third party
    07-26-17 01:11 PM
    Well that's pretty obviously not a new phone! And worse, that's also clearly a sloppy attempt to make it look like one.

Have you sent these pictures to BB Mobile/TCL? They need to see this.
    I didn't send pics, I did tweet them when I was printing off my UPS LABEL to send back this trash lol. I'm over this debacle this is a horrible way to do phone business......
    07-26-17 01:12 PM
    I don't speak on what I'm not qualified! Sure people make mistakes we human, but umm I was pretty concise in the title and 1st post, no way I ordered from a third party - I have the sense to articulate my thoughts on a forum but not verify the context of my order/receipt o_O..... Faux pas......

As I said, they sent me a dirty used phone as "new" !
    Attached Thumbnails Amazon.com LLC sent me a USED phone-6756.jpg  
    07-26-17 01:20 PM

Hey mate listen, don't start assuming things. It happened to me when I bought the red passport from amazon UK. It arrived opened already.
    I contacted amazon who said it was sent out in error.
    There was a logistical error and the wrong one was sent. However as it arrived already, they offered me 50% of the full price back. I opted for that.
    They are not Re-using old phones, they are not stupid to do that and then go and mess up on the packaging?
    Seems very far fetched.
    It's prob just a simple mistake. Contact amazon they will refund u or give some monies back to you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-26-17 01:28 PM
    Eh, weird stuff happens sometimes at Amazon. They're generally pretty good about returns and such.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-26-17 05:07 PM

This is truly messed up! Wtf!? I'd lose my mind. Have you contacted them to get a proper new K1!?

Wow.

The issues and experiences I read about here at CB, are truly some of the most bizarre things I've read.

I have never read of such a situation at Android Central for example, not even with the lowest tier OEMs.
    07-26-17 05:25 PM
    Ok so what a mistake was made, send it back. I'm sure Amazon is not plotting to pad the bottom line by selling used for new.
    07-26-17 06:53 PM
    Hey mate listen, don't start assuming things. It happened to me when I bought the red passport from amazon UK. It arrived opened already.
    I contacted amazon who said it was sent out in error.
    There was a logistical error and the wrong one was sent. However as it arrived already, they offered me 50% of the full price back. I opted for that.
    They are not Re-using old phones, they are not stupid to do that and then go and mess up on the packaging?
    Seems very far fetched.
    It's prob just a simple mistake. Contact amazon they will refund u or give some monies back to you.

Posted via CB10
    Amen......almost sounds like tin hat time...lol
    07-26-17 06:55 PM
32 12