Here I am typing this on my slowly dying Classic.
    Been a fanboy since the 8320.

Waiting on the KeyOne (CDMA) like..........

Truly pathetic.

More and more the thought of just sucking it up and buying an iPhone crosses my mind. I really do not want to do this. But TCL, BlackBerry, God himself - don't seem to want me (and some others in this forum) to get one.

Before you apologists jump on me. I have been the utmost patient. But when in the year 2017 you still can't get your ish together, how can I continue to have any confidence in you as a brand?

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Xeak like this.
    08-19-17 09:38 PM
    It's your money and your phone, do what you want. Who knows, you might even like the dark side.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-19-17 09:56 PM
    iPhones are like Glocks to us cops, functional but not exciting.
    AsianGloBo and cribble2k like this.
    08-19-17 09:59 PM
    If you play games all day and need a toy, go for it.
    08-19-17 10:37 PM
    Yea im still very frustrated at the production rate of the CDMA versions! I recently picked up the iPhone 7 and it works pretty amazing compared to android, but still miss that physical keyboard! Still keeping my eye out for a BBB100-3 model, or hoping Verizon will offer it to their Device Lineup. Ive been a loyal BB user when i got my first BB Bold...sigh.

OR I could switch to Sprint. But Verizon really is the best consistent/reliable network in the US. ATT would be second for sure.
    08-19-17 10:55 PM
    Don't go Sprint, you'll be sorry. Stay Verizon
    AsianGloBo likes this.
    08-19-17 11:35 PM
    Frankly I wouldn't blame you. The CDMA launch has been a disaster. That said I would hate to see you go to an iPhone. Maybe check out another Android phone.
    08-20-17 12:18 AM
    Tools not toys, right?
    08-20-17 12:33 AM
    I had the same dilemma. classic dying on me under my hand. was sorry to the good friend pass away. reluctantly went for the KEYone as I like the pkb. after some days, I managed to handle it. it is different, but.....yeah, sorry to say .....better than the classic. thought that I will never say this, but hey, life goes on.... no regrets now.
    FF22 and W6EOD like this.
    08-20-17 12:44 AM
    If you're really gonna jump ship to an iSlab, you can get this attachment to kinda make it feel less like a boring slab.

https://istoreworld.com/products/key...or-iphone-6-6s
    08-20-17 02:36 AM
    I sold my Keyone two after 3 months of using it. Just for fun I tried out my passport again and then I saw how much better the keyboard and the scrolling with it is. So I'm again back at my passport and just use an older nexus 5 as secondary android device

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    08-20-17 05:19 AM
    Yeah the KEYone is for people who mean business! Who needs things like push notifications! Or a phone that you could actually get a CDMA variant of in a several month span!

My favorite part productivity wise when I owned my KEYone was it's miraculous self ejecting screen. Surely a tool built for professionals!

OP really only you buy the KEYone only if you are completely attached to a physical keyboard. There is absolutely no reason to shell out the 550$ otherwise. Its pathetic that the KEYone cost almost as much as a Galaxy S8. My advice would be to buy a phone from a reputable source and try it out, if you absolutely need the keyboard return what you buy.
    MikeX74 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-20-17 06:09 AM

Truly pathetic.

More and more the thought of just sucking it up and buying an iPhone crosses my mind. I really do not want to do this. But TCL, BlackBerry, God himself - don't seem to want me (and some others in this forum) to get one.

Before you apologists jump on me. I have been the utmost patient. But when in the year 2017 you still can't get your ish together, how can I continue to have any confidence in you as a brand?

Posted via CB10
    While I love my Passport and use it all the time. You cannot beat the smoothness of an Apple it just works. You may want to wait another month if the phone holds up, to see what the 8 is supposed to look like. According to what I have read , it should be a game changer.
    phuoc and anon(3732391) like this.
    08-20-17 08:39 AM
    While I love my Passport and use it all the time. You cannot beat the smoothness of an Apple it just works. You may want to wait another month if the phone holds up, to see what the 8 is supposed to look like. According to what I have read , it should be a game changer.
    The price though... new iSlab 8 will most definitely start above the 1k mark from rumors
    08-20-17 08:43 AM
    Tools not toys, right?
    Thorsten!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-20-17 02:21 PM
    OP, go ahead jump. if you want to play with software, go learn swift programing with youtube from stanford U. it was so much better of their programming, simple, easy to execute (e.g. change ipad, iphone just by default... for example.). instead of play game, you might as well play a bit deeper... keep your eyes open to ibm/apple cooperation, it might get AI coming in sand box (IBM site)... The facial recognition is better than the finger. It may have potential for the future. Just be careful of the unit - Apple design are known to be asthetic but mechanically a bit fragile... handle with care. once you fold into the i-cloud, you might have problem to get it out... i-TV for example...
    08-20-17 02:38 PM
    never thought I'd jump ship, but KeyOne just isn't the best option for Verizon users needing to upgrade.

BlackBerry (and associates) really knows how to turn a 13 yr+ fan away. so many great devices, but such poor execution time and time again. In the modern era, Z30 - great device with lots of extras, but no sequel. Passport? not available on Verizon. BB10 died.
    PRIV- great device, no sequel. KeyOne - totally screwed launch, not available on Verizon.

I went to an S8 with Cobalt's contribution and the BlackBerry apps. Solid device with all my familiar favorites.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-20-17 04:57 PM
    I think otherwise. You're actually lucky imo cuz the quality of the first batch of k1 is horrible. Screens fall off here and there, SD card reader big, reception bug, Bluetooth bug.....you name it.

I also bought a K1 and really regret it....(I have the SD card problem). If you haven't bought it yet. trust me, DON`T .
    iPhone 7 or the galaxy s7 are much. more superior in everyway possible..
    phuoc likes this.
    08-20-17 11:00 PM

Truly pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    Never understood cdma? What is so good about it?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 02:04 AM
    Is this multiple choice????
    08-21-17 05:59 AM
    "The smoothness of an Apple!" We still on the subject of mobile devices???
    Not that the train ever left the station... I've seen threads taken "off track." I've even been witness to a few derailments but
    "the smoothness of an Apple," is the first head-on collision I've ever witnessed!

Android by any other name!
    Game Changer .... Wasn't the Game of Launches a Changer??

(I'm asking for a friend)
    08-21-17 06:30 AM
    Never understood cdma? What is so good about it?

Posted via CB10
    It's not that it's so good, it's that it Verizon has a better footprint for outlying areas than anyone else here in the US. Sometimes the circumstances make the choice
    FF22 and app_Developer like this.
    08-21-17 06:53 AM

Truly pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    At this point I don't think many can blame you, only the captain is suppose to go down with the ship..... and he jumped long ago.

If you really want a PKB, give it a couple more weeks and see what happens.
    08-21-17 07:07 AM
    Except its convoluted method necessary to attach files is maddening. Sorry, for my work, I often need to email files for which there are no apps, you cannot do that on an iPhone. I have to use iOS for one app related to work, for that I have an iPod Touch, navigating in iOS is mind numbing, yes it "just works," but it's annoying to say the least. Coming from a heavily gesture based OS like BB10 makes the difference even more stark. In the end, I couldn't choose iOS, I bought a Priv and am quite happy on Android. At least I can easily send any file I wish.
    08-21-17 12:07 PM
    Except its convoluted method necessary to attach files is maddening. Sorry, for my work, I often need to email files for which there are no apps, you cannot do that on an iPhone. I have to use iOS for one app related to work, for that I have an iPod Touch, navigating in iOS is mind numbing, yes it "just works," but it's annoying to say the least. Coming from a heavily gesture based OS like BB10 makes the difference even more stark. In the end, I couldn't choose iOS, I bought a Priv and am quite happy on Android. At least I can easily send any file I wish.
    Could not agree more, I still use my OS 10 Passport as my go to device. I switch between my priv and Passport. The Apple goes on vacations. I like the Apple more than the droid for ease and smoothness.
    08-21-17 12:12 PM
42 12