Am i the only one who finds google photos slow and lacking of key functions (how to move photos to another folder in an instant?)

What are the alternatives? Is there a program without ads?
    08-10-17 07:58 PM
    try piktures. You can move photos to other albums/folders. I am using piktures too. It's a bit slow to refresh any new pictures, like a second or two after you launch the app. For example, you take a screenshot, or a photo and you expect to see it instantly in piktures. However, if you open the app, you gotta wait at least 2 seconds for the app to refresh new pictures.

But so far i'm liking it... it's my main gallery app..disabled google photos.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-17 08:04 PM
    I like QuickPic.
    IdBeats and jamesharmeling like this.
    08-10-17 08:07 PM
    I've tried a number. QuikPic is good; my personal preference is F-Stop.
    gquan14 likes this.
    08-10-17 10:13 PM
    f-stop for me too. Scrolling is fast.
    08-10-17 10:38 PM
    F-stop
    08-10-17 11:55 PM
    QuickPic was bought by Cheetah Mobile - a company known for putting lots of ads and tracking code into their apps.

Camera Roll is a new app with a promising future...
    08-11-17 06:14 AM
    QuickPic was bought by Cheetah Mobile - a company known for putting lots of ads and tracking code into their apps.

Camera Roll is a new app with a promising future...
    There is nothing suspicious about QuickPic. No ads, and it doesn't phone home.
    08-11-17 06:18 AM
    There is nothing suspicious about QuickPic. No ads, and it doesn't phone home.
    Let's hope so. I'd still be wary...
    08-11-17 06:32 AM
    Google Photos has never been slow for me, on a multitude of phones. It might be the one app Google has made which is truly flawless.

None of the other photos apps suggested in this thread hold a candle to the functionality of Google Photos.
    08-11-17 06:45 AM
    QuickPic was bought by Cheetah Mobile
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks. It's off my list now.
    08-11-17 08:28 AM
    Google Photos has never been slow for me, on a multitude of phones. It might be the one app Google has made which is truly flawless.

None of the other photos apps suggested in this thread hold a candle to the functionality of Google Photos.
    Politely disagree. F-Stop can create own folders, search files by name, sort order (date, edit, name, size, rating, etc) in each specific folder, pin folders to top, and exclude files/folders at any time. I know Google photos has many things going for it (face algorithm, collages, story creation, infinite storage) but to me it's still a few steps behind.
    09-10-17 02:33 AM
    I use an app called Simple Gallery by simple mobile tools. No ads and it's much better than Photos. The only thing Google Photos can do that it can't is set a separate wallpaper for the lock screen. I can tolerate Photos once in a while for that.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...etools.gallery
    09-10-17 09:58 AM
    My issue with Google Photos is I can't delete photos stored on a MicroSD. When I try, it does the animation where the photo deletes, then a few seconds later the photo pops up again in my gallery.

I tried formatting my card too.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    gquan14 likes this.
    09-10-17 11:50 AM