I keep losing my calendar reminders and contacts. Every calendar reminder disappears and I will lose a few contacts every once in a while on my Keyone. Is anyone else having these issues? At first I thought I was just imagining it but ever since I started monitoring it, it is actually happening. Its very frustrating when I miss an appointment because my calendar inputs disappear. I am using stock apps but I am thinking that I should probably start looking for options.... anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have these issues?
    09-26-18 10:45 AM
    Make sure your accounts are syncing correctly by going to Settings > Accounts & Sync. Personally, I use the Outlook app from Microsoft for my e-mail and calendaring, and the Google Assistant for quick reminders.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-26-18 10:57 AM
    I keep losing my calendar reminders and contacts. .....Is anyone else having these issues?
    You are not the only one! It looks like Hub+ Services gets out of sync at times. I find that a device restart usually fix the issue but you do have to wait until everything resync again.

I have experienced the same both on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ & my KEY².
    @max-bb I mentioned you here since this is what I think might cause the WhatsApp bug you and I discussed on a different thread.
    09-26-18 12:24 PM
    thanks for your response. At times? I am finding this happens on a weekly basis now and hopefully there is a fix soon as I am tired of depending on my phone so now I am actually writing my appts down instead until there is a fix. I also had to commit to keeping a phone book on a writing pad since again, I can no longer depend on my Blackberry Keyone for my business. The whole reason that I purchased one outright!
    09-26-18 12:30 PM
    I've been using BB Android for a little bit over 2 years, coming from BB10 previously. I've had a DTEK60 and my current KEYone, and none of them gave me that kind of headache. My DTEK60 duplicated my contacts once, but that's it.

Question for the OP: are your calendar entries and contacts stored locally on your device or synced to another account? If synced, it could be a problem on the other end, like psychofox13 suggested. When a contact disappear from your phone, does it also get erased from the synced account? If you're not syncing those, I suggest you do, and check if the problem still persist.

For calendar reminders I started recently to use another app, called Tasks and Notes. It creates another calendar account, integrates with the Tasks and the Calendar stock apps and with the productivity tab. It just works more similarly to what reminders used to be on BB10.
    09-26-18 12:58 PM
    Why not use non BlackBerry apps.
    09-27-18 12:21 AM
    thanks for your response. At times? I am finding this happens on a weekly basis now
    The current Beta version seems more stable but it still happens. I don't know what is the frequency of occurances but the version before last used to be pretty unstable.
    09-27-18 12:49 AM
    Why not use non BlackBerry apps.
    Because we pay for the BlackBerry apps to work, not to use other apps.
    09-27-18 12:51 AM
    Well, I for one paid for the hardware. I disabled almost all BB apps, because I couldn't in any way work productively with them. I do have the regular contacts app, but I hardly use it, because I have no need. If I get a new number in, I usually use the phone app to add it to my contacts, or add it on my PC. I use aCalendar for scheduling.
    I used to sync with my Google account, but now I use my owm Zimbra installation, which works quite well. Google isn't bad though, and I've never lost any contacts or appointments with it.
    psychofox13 and john_v like this.
    09-27-18 04:33 AM
    Well, I for one paid for the hardware. I disabled almost all BB apps, because I couldn't in any way work productively with them.
    Same here. All the BB apps disabled, and using MS Outlook app, OneNote, and MS To-do with Office 365. Everything syncs very nicely back and forth.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    09-28-18 08:13 AM
    Well, I for one paid for the hardware. I disabled almost all BB apps, because I couldn't in any way work productively with them. I do have the regular contacts app, but I hardly use it, because I have no need. If I get a new number in, I usually use the phone app to add it to my contacts, or add it on my PC. I use aCalendar for scheduling.
    I used to sync with my Google account, but now I use my owm Zimbra installation, which works quite well. Google isn't bad though, and I've never lost any contacts or appointments with it.
    How much does Zimbra cost for you?
    09-28-18 11:11 AM
    How much does Zimbra cost for you?
    I'm hosting the free edition myself, so next to nothing.

Stefan
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-30-18 01:21 PM
    Anyone have these issues?
    I had a similar issue, not with the calendar but with contacts that disappeared randomly and later the same with mail folders that stopped synchronizing. The only way to solve it was to remove the account (Exchange) from Hub and re-add it. Since then (~ half a year ago) everything has been working normal again. Unfortunately, I had to re-enter all my keyboard shortcuts related to contacts.
    10-01-18 03:32 AM
    I have just noticed that when I add a calendar entry in the Calendar app on my KeyOne, it is not syncing up or showing in my Outlook calendar (which I have running on my computer at work during the day). Any entries I add to my calendar online do show up on my calendar on my KeyOne. I have tried re-starting my device but that hasn't fixed the problem.
    10-05-18 11:30 AM