Background, I've had a BlackBerry since 8130, 9000, 9850, 9900, q10, passport. Etc... ive moved on to android, iPhone over the last couple years.

While I do understand the difference in specs, I'm wanting to trade my oneplus 5 for my buddy's Keyone.

Am I nuts??

For those of you that have ditched, iPhone, Samsung, oneplus, do you regret it?
    02-01-18 11:57 PM
    Background, I've had a BlackBerry since 8130, 9000, 9850, 9900, q10, passport. Etc... ive moved on to android, iPhone over the last couple years.

While I do understand the difference in specs, I'm wanting to trade my oneplus 5 for my buddy's Keyone.

Am I nuts??

For those of you that have ditched, iPhone, Samsung, oneplus, do you regret it?
    If you NEED the PKB and enhanced security, do it. If not, the oneplus is a better option.
    cevag likes this.
    02-02-18 12:34 AM
    If you NEED the PKB and enhanced security, do it. If not, the oneplus is a better option.
    This. The Keyone is all about security and the keyboard. The oneplus 5 has better specs and a better camera. And arguably better supported android. The only way I personally would consider it is if it was a 4gb ram black edition.
    02-02-18 02:31 AM
    I mostly disagree with the first two replies. Security....meh. Unless you are are a secret agent or looking at properly dodgy stuff (like seriously dodgy) then security really doesn't touch anyone's radar (it's not like we are talking about some random, no name phone here). If you are that paranoid there are much much better tools (ie software) than a K1 for security.

The standout feature of the K1 is its unique user experience which the keyboard provides. Typing on a PKB is now novel and as such it is fun. The shortcuts are fully cool and the scrolling is awesome.

Yesterday on the train home, I had youtube up on split screen with my news website of choice on the other half. Using scrolling to read through the articles. No one saw me but it felt so damn cool. No glass slab is going to offer the same user experience.

Next stand out feature is the K1's unique and gorgeous (yes, subjective) looks. Again nothing else looks like it.

Headline phones (due to top specs) will give you kudos with your mates for like one month until the next top phone is out. However, the K1 will continue to offer that unique user experience and will still be looking awesome. The phenomenal battery is a massive bonus too.

The only reasons to go for a glass slab is because you are into VR, processor intensive games, don't enjoy using a PKB or are a sheep and don't want to be seen with something different.

Before the K1 I only ever had Google Nexus phones. Only thing I miss about those is getting updates so quickly. Otherwise, i'm so pleased I moved.
    phuoc, cevag, tado261 and 1 others like this.
    02-02-18 03:37 AM
    How are you using splitscreen on the keyone?
    02-02-18 03:52 AM
    Have two (or more apps open). When using one of the apps (that it, it is open and visible on your screen), hold down the square softkey (for about 1 second). The open and visible app will then take up half of the screen and you can then see the other apps you have open in the background. Choose one, and that app will take up the other half of the screen. Touch either half to use it. In vertical orientation you can move the bar that splits the two halves to give one app a bit more screen space than the other.

Note, not all apps support the split-screen feature. If you try to split the screen with such an app, you will told that it is not possible.
    FF22, oc6204 and cevag like this.
    02-02-18 05:16 AM
    I don't think you would be nuts. it all depends on your needs. If you are more of a productive person thats in need of more of a work phone, I think the Keyone is a good choice. If you need a phone as a pure entertainment device, I think you should pass on the Keyone and keep your OnePlus 5.
    oc6204 likes this.
    02-02-18 07:20 AM
    That's a decision only you can make. If you know what you want in a smartphone and the KEYone is a better fit for those requirements then get it.

Personally, I don't care nearly as much about specs as I do about real-world performance.

I recently tried out a Moto E4. Entry-level specs, yet fantastic performance and value for the price.

I got a KEYone yesterday and so far I am thoroughly impressed by its quality, performance, and DAT KEYBOARD.

The muscle memory I developed on the Bold 9930, Q10, and Classic has kicked in and my thumbs are in heaven.
    oc6204 and cevag like this.
    02-02-18 07:31 AM
    +1 - If you want PKB get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ if you could care less about have physical keys there are much higher specification devices available.

I for one don't care how high the specs of a phone are because without a PKB it's no good for me.
    02-02-18 08:08 AM
    Baerli Baer -- YOU are the BOMB! Great reply to the OP!!
    02-02-18 11:42 AM
    It's all about the keyboard, battery life and security.
    cevag likes this.
    02-02-18 11:56 AM
    What is the price difference between a used K1 and a used OnePlus 5? If either one of you are not comfortable with the spread maybe a straight-up trade is not the answer.
    02-02-18 01:07 PM
    While the specs are lower on the k1, for my usage it would be more than fine. The battery sounds killer on k1 which is real important and the BB keyboard!!

Thanks for all your input.
    02-03-18 03:25 AM
    What is the price difference between a used K1 and a used OnePlus 5? If either one of you are not comfortable with the spread maybe a straight-up trade is not the answer.
    They have pretty much the same price point, actually, the k1 probably cost a little more.
    02-03-18 03:28 AM

The only reasons to go for a glass slab is because you are a sheep and don't want to be seen with something different.
    02-04-18 04:51 AM
    How are you using splitscreen on the keyone?
    press and hold the square button and your last app will lock into the top half of the screen. That assumes it is compatible. Repeat the button hold to stop it.
    02-04-18 07:43 AM