Ok, now that I've ordered the replacement -- how easy is it to get the data over? I am assuming since it's the Googleverse, the contact, email and calendar jump over once I type in the accounts. But the apps? Anyone?
    01-08-18 04:25 PM
    Ok, now that I've ordered the replacement -- how easy is it to get the data over? I am assuming since it's the Googleverse, the contact, email and calendar jump over once I type in the accounts. But the apps? Anyone?
    When I entered by Google ID/account info, Apps repopulated over time. They were all or mostly all there the next morning. Any missing- well, you still "own" them and can redownload if necessary.
    01-08-18 05:01 PM
    3M™ 300LSE Double Sided Super-strong Adhesive Sheet Tape

There is tape made for that. Keyone screen measure 2.5"x 4" roughly, I think.

It's in the shape of the screen, a rectangle.

So, you know, do that, if you're going to do it.

Fixed.

Feel free to PayPal $1 to [email protected].
    01-08-18 06:06 PM
    There is tape made for that. Keyone screen measures 2.5"x 4" roughly, I think.

It's in the shape of the screen, a rectangle.

So, you know, do that, if you're going to do it.

Fixed.

Feel free to PayPal $1 to [email protected].
    01-08-18 06:07 PM
    just having passed a significant age milestone, I am certain we are all living on borrowed time...
    01-08-18 06:53 PM
    just having passed a significant age milestone, I am certain we are all living on borrowed time...
    I certainly hope that I borrowed time from a healthy specimen! (g) At my age, each day is a significant milestone and some MILLstones!
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    01-08-18 09:56 PM
    I certainly hope that I borrowed time from a healthy specimen! (g) At my age, each day is a significant milestone and some MILLstones!
    I was thinking still young and teenage daughter laughed at me. She refreshed my old memory and pointed out that I've been using BB since before she was born and she's turning 14.
    RLeeSimon and FF22 like this.
    01-08-18 10:02 PM
    "14" Ouch... low blow old man
    01-08-18 10:10 PM
    "Healthy Specimen" ...don't look at me, then...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    FF22 likes this.
    01-08-18 10:11 PM
    Well I'm on the phone now. .the screen lifted, I caught it and am using tape on hold. I may just go to my shop I know.
    Nothing says I have a great phone like scotch tape...
    FF22 likes this.
    01-08-18 11:52 PM
    Nothing says I have a great phone like scotch tape...
    What about one using duct(Duck) tape?
    Soapm likes this.
    01-09-18 07:13 AM
    I had my KEYone for 6 months with no screen lift. I thought I was one of the few lucky early buyers from the first batch who got a good device.

But I was so wrong. I had a small drop and the back cover came loose a little bit, I thought no issues I'll pop it back in. It went back together no issues and the screen looked fine... until the time I took it off the charger the next morning. There it was, the dreaded screen lift from the bottom left side.

I took care of this phone for 6 months...never dropped it once and all it took was one little drop and the screen lift happened.

I was disgusted with TCL's hardware...so much so that I went and bought myself a Google Pixel 2. I'll be honest, I miss the battery life and physical keyboard, but the overall snappiness of the phone, terrific camera and I mean WAY beyond what's on the KEYone...and awesome stereo speakers have got me hooked on to this phone.

I hope whenever the KEYtwo comes out, the hardware quality is better.
    01-09-18 02:05 PM
    I had my KEYone for 6 months with no screen lift. I thought I was one of the few lucky early buyers from the first batch who got a good device.

But I was so wrong. I had a small drop and the back cover came loose a little bit, I thought no issues I'll pop it back in. It went back together no issues and the screen looked fine... until the time I took it off the charger the next morning. There it was, the dreaded screen lift from the bottom left side.

I took care of this phone for 6 months...never dropped it once and all it took was one little drop and the screen lift happened.

I was disgusted with TCL's hardware...so much so that I went and bought myself a Google Pixel 2. I'll be honest, I miss the battery life and physical keyboard, but the overall snappiness of the phone, terrific camera and I mean WAY beyond what's on the KEYone...and awesome stereo speakers have got me hooked on to this phone.

I hope whenever the KEYtwo comes out, the hardware quality is better.
    There already is a better one, it's the KEYone Black Edition. It's been out for over 3 months now and just by this forum, we can already tell that it has a lot less questionable hardware quality than original batch silver models, which is why it's the one that's worth the money, imo.
    01-09-18 02:12 PM
    Well, having had my K1 since last June, I can today report my screen has lifted! It's coming away at the bottom where it meets the keyboard, indeed hanging off if I hold it the right / wrong way! I've always carried my phone in a case, by the way: an OEM pocket one. Have contacted my retailer though would I be better off contacting BlackBerry UK, perhaps?

Anyway, I guess at least it gives me an excuse to get my dear old Classic out again and remember lovely things like trackpads and integrated OS and apps...........
    01-09-18 05:31 PM
    Well, having had my K1 since last June, I can today report my screen has lifted! It's coming away at the bottom where it meets the keyboard, indeed hanging off if I hold it the right / wrong way! I've always carried my phone in a case, by the way: an OEM pocket one. Have contacted my retailer though would I be better off contacting BlackBerry UK, perhaps?

Anyway, I guess at least it gives me an excuse to get my dear old Classic out again and remember lovely things like trackpads and integrated OS and apps...........
    In case:

United Kingdom
    9:00-21:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)
    01-09-18 07:03 PM
    I contacted BlackBerry Mobile about an early Ebay KEYone I was considering, I think they were saying I'd be fine as long as I had serial number or IMEI.
    01-09-18 11:29 PM
    I contacted BlackBerry Mobile about an early Ebay KEYone I was considering, I think they were saying I'd be fine as long as I had serial number or IMEI.
    If I were you I wouldn't touch an early built silver KEYone. They are more prone to have other hardware issues besides the screen lift, so they're really not worth the time and money. I strongly advise to not consider any KEYone built before mid July.
    01-09-18 11:36 PM
    So I have not switched to the k1 I won on EBay and am still using my Passport as I am worried about the screen lift issue and the poor signal. I did order a mintsim to test this out (and mint Sim too).
    My question is does anyone have an idea as to when a screen lift could occurs? My k1 is a May build date which I believe is in the first batch.
    Go into engineering mode to confirm this! If this is the case make sure get a warranty exchange asap before it runs out!
    01-10-18 03:10 AM
    In case:

United Kingdom
    9:00-21:00 (Monday – Saturday, Sunday Closed)
    Thanks a lot, FF22 - in fact I did give them a ring a moment ago, and have to say I was very pleasantly surprised: no waiting for the call to be answered, and spoke to someone who was au fait with the issue and confirmed it would be sorted. And if (if!) they're as good as their word, the time to do it sounds fairly reasonable too.

Fingers crossed, but thus far I'm moderately impressed by their customer service.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-18 04:15 AM
    If I were you I wouldn't touch an early built silver KEYone. They are more prone to have other hardware issues besides the screen lift, so they're really not worth the time and money. I strongly advise to not consider any KEYone built before mid July.
    I will probably never take a chance on any KEYone not sold through carrier. If there's a problem, I'm not dealing with BBMo/TCL directly.
    01-10-18 06:50 AM
    Yeah, I ended up not getting it. Might get the KEYtwo if it comes out, tho.
    01-10-18 09:25 AM
    Yeah, I ended up not getting it. Might get the KEYtwo if it comes out, tho.
    Not if, but when

Or you could also go for a Black Edition, they seem to have better quality control
    01-10-18 09:33 AM
    here's the old phone about to go back. I think I transferred most of if not all info and apps smoothly. so that's a plus. I lost sms logs, but frankly they aren't that important.[ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Am I living on borrowed time with my KEYone?-1748.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    01-13-18 09:03 AM
    Thanks a lot, FF22 - in fact I did give them a ring a moment ago, and have to say I was very pleasantly surprised: no waiting for the call to be answered, and spoke to someone who was au fait with the issue and confirmed it would be sorted. And if (if!) they're as good as their word, the time to do it sounds fairly reasonable too.

Fingers crossed, but thus far I'm moderately impressed by their customer service.

Pleased to confirm that, other than a farce with the muppets of a courier company (UK Mail), both BB and their contractor (SBE?) were actually pretty good, and my K1 was returned with what looks like a full new outer shell - and mysteriously a brand new hard-shell case (mistake? good-will gesture??). So no complaints really - well, other than about UK Mail...
    02-01-18 09:55 AM
    So I have not switched to the k1 I won on EBay and am still using my Passport as I am worried about the screen lift issue and the poor signal. I did order a mintsim to test this out (and mint Sim too).
    My question is does anyone have an idea as to when a screen lift could occurs? My k1 is a May build date which I believe is in the first batch.
    Safer to assume that with a May build date that the screen will lift! Get an exchange unit asap!
    02-01-18 10:18 AM
51 123