So I have not switched to the k1 I won on EBay and am still using my Passport as I am worried about the screen lift issue and the poor signal. I did order a mintsim to test this out (and mint Sim too).
    My question is does anyone have an idea as to when a screen lift could occurs? My k1 is a May build date which I believe is in the first batch.
    09-21-17 03:08 PM
    Well you're not going to find out by not using it. Mine is a May 10th build and four months later all is still good.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-21-17 03:12 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile was or is offering replacements for devices with screen lift.
    09-21-17 03:15 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile was or is offering replacements for devices with screen lift.
    Not sure if that warranty would extend to a phone bought on eBay though?

Matt, did you register your phone with the BlackBerry Mobile Support Centre App?
    09-21-17 03:21 PM
    I did not contact Rogers that I purchased it from. I went directly to BlackBerry Mobile.
    09-21-17 03:29 PM
    So I have not switched to the k1 I won on EBay and am still using my Passport as I am worried about the screen lift issue and the poor signal. I did order a mintsim to test this out (and mint Sim too).
    My question is does anyone have an idea as to when a screen lift could occurs? My k1 is a May build date which I believe is in the first batch.
    Unfortunately, there is no way to tell. Although one guy did subject his to oven heat and got the glue to soften if I recall.

I had mine for 2 1/2 months without any issue. I really tested it by twisting and pushing and pulling to get it into a Tumi case. I am quite serious. It took a ton of effort and I did that three or four times as I was inserting sd-cards and sim card. Getting it out also took lots of stressing. Never budged the screen.

I also tested with a strong suction cup twice about two weeks apart at each corner. No problem.

About three weeks ago, someone mentioned screen lift - that generally triggered, oh let's look. Sure enough a stream of bright light along the entire left edge of the screen. Replacement within a week.

Now since I noticed it, I was able to tape it at all four corners. Whereas some have had the cable tear as the screen fell too quickly.

May build is more subject to the issue. But there's no point in owning it in a drawer. You could try a suction cup.

Good luck
    09-21-17 03:45 PM
    Well you're not going to find out by not using it. Mine is a May 10th build and four months later all is still good.
    Listen to this guy. Go use your K1 as your sole device, sell your passport while you're at it because you won't need it.

You bought a May built K1 from eBay? Did you check the warranty coverage first?
    09-21-17 04:31 PM
    I have had mine since early June and the screen did not lift. YAY!!
    09-21-17 05:55 PM
    It was purchased recently and no build was put in it.
    So no I haven't registered it yer.
    I'm stiill evaluating it. I like that it seems sharp, however the passports keyboard is easier for me.
    I'm not sold yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-17 08:53 PM
    yes no worries they will ask for imei and serial!
    09-21-17 10:26 PM
    I got the first batch from Amazon in the US and mine worked fine until about a month ago when all of the sudden the screen lifted. It's almost like the glue suddenly wears out, because previous to that it showed no signs of coming off. Make sure you can have it replaced under warranty if something happens and just start using it. I'm now on the Black SE out of India and i'm really hoping there is no screen issues with those or else I am SOL for sure.
    09-21-17 10:37 PM
    I've got a late April model (from when it was first introduced to Germany) and no screen lift. Had it on vacation in Spain and it got hot to the point where it said it's shutting down components to cool off … but the screen is still firmly on there.
    09-22-17 01:00 PM
    Ever play Russian Roulette?

I'd invest it a case that catches the edges of the phone.
    09-22-17 02:06 PM
    @FF22 which tape did you use? My screen has just started lifting from the top left corner and I to top it getting worse. Can you let us know what type or brand of tape you used
    anon(870071) likes this.
    09-22-17 05:05 PM
    @FF22 which tape did you use? My screen has just started lifting from the top left corner and I to top it getting worse. Can you let us know what type or brand of tape you used
    Just some simple scotch tape. I used four short pieces at the top and bottom corners. While it was only lifting on the left edge I figured it would or could spread and pop off the other side. Just enough to tape 1/4 inch to the screen and wrap around the back of the phone.

Am I living on borrowed time with my KEYone?-img_20170901_1321417.jpg
    09-22-17 05:47 PM
    Just some simple scotch tape. I used four short pieces at the top and bottom corners. While it was only lifting on the left edge I figured it would or could spread and pop off the other side. Just enough to tape 1/4 inch to the screen and wrap around the back of the phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170901_1321417.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	430050
    Perhaps you should be more worried about the state of that desktop keyboard....
    09-23-17 07:38 AM
    Perhaps you should be more worried about the state of that desktop keyboard....
    I knew some smartxxx would comment!

But my germ, bug, gunk encrusted keyboard has character. And unlike the KeyOne screen, it is intended to move around freely. I no longer have access to an autoclave or fire hose.
    09-23-17 08:44 AM
    I knew some smartxxx would comment!

But my germ, bug, gunk encrusted keyboard has character. And unlike the KeyOne screen, it is intended to move around freely. I no longer have access to an autoclave or fire hose.
    Well yeah, a really gross character. Aaanyway have anyone tried simply applying some superglue?

Because that tape looks awful.
    09-23-17 09:14 AM
    Well yeah, a really gross character. Aaanyway have anyone tried simply applying some superglue?

Because that tape looks awful.
    Actually, one of the screen lift threads mentioned NOT to use superglue or similar products. I guess they dry rigid and would not release if real access under the screen (not really necessary but...) was needed.

The suggestion is to use very thin two-sided tape intended to attach screens to the phone body. Amazon sells the stuff. The other suggestion which might cost some money is to find a local cell repair shop that can fix it and not deal with the warranty return. One or two folks mentioned repair shops did not even charge them for the repair.

The scotch tape is a temporary solution to keep the screen from totally separating and tearing the very thin, fragile cable. A cable tear renders the phone useless and near impossible to backup. I did this while waiting till my replacement showed up. So unsightly but practical.
    09-23-17 10:18 AM
    Just use it. If it happens there is warranty.
    09-23-17 11:32 AM
    Well I'm on the phone now. .the screen lifted, I caught it and am using tape on hold. I may just go to my shop I know.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-07-18 08:00 PM
    I bought KEYᴼᴺᴱ from Swappa with no troubles at all despite being before the alleged date screen issue was fixed, so... I initially had it in a real tight book type case and sweated bullets prying it out. I have it in a clear back now with add on QI receiver shoved in behind it screen naked and still all is well...
    01-07-18 09:15 PM
    Tonight...
    01-07-18 09:24 PM
    I had KeyONE from Jun to Dec before the screen came loose. I carry it in a shoulder bag with a quick-access slot where it got chilled and would randomly flop. I believe that the metal and glass contracts at different rates and that changes the fitment. I did drop it a few times over the months but saw no problem before the cold weather. I got a warranty replacement from BB mobile and attached a self-adhesive 'bumper' to the frame near the camera. That prevents dropping.
    01-07-18 09:42 PM
    I have a clear case and a holster. recently the holster went kaput, so I was using a spring loaded one just yesterday when it popped. in order to use the spring load k1, it has to be without protection.
    Regardless, BB said they'd send a new one, and not a refurb. I guess we'll see.
    it's just annoying and more than justifies my paranoia of keeping my Passport up to sync!
    01-08-18 06:02 AM
51 123