I am considering going back to the PRIV. Am I alone? I find the keyboard better on the PRIV, I find the phone much more responsive. Other then battery which the KeyOne does own I think the PRIV is superior. Am I alone with this opinion?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-05-17 07:05 PM
    I am considering going back to the PRIV. Am I alone? I find the keyboard better on the PRIV, I find the phone much more responsive. Other then battery which the KeyOne does own I think the PRIV is superior. Am I alone with this opinion?
    The PRIV is more responsive? I think you need to do a factory reset on the KEYone and give it a fresh start. My initial experience with the KEYone wasn't responsive until after I did a reset a few weeks later. KEYone blows the PRIV out of the water imo.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-05-17 07:07 PM
    Maybe that will do the trick. I can't even run chrome on the KeyOne without constantly crashing it
    07-05-17 07:11 PM
    if you didn't already, try CCleaner from the Play Store. clean out your memory for efficiency.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    07-05-17 07:12 PM
    Maybe that will do the trick. I can't even run chrome on the KeyOne without constantly crashing it
    Yeah, that doesn't seem right. I use chrome everyday and have no issues even with several tabs. Definitely an issue with your unit.
    07-05-17 07:12 PM
    if you didn't already, try CCleaner from the Play Store. clean out your memory for efficiency.
    I don't think so...
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-05-17 07:13 PM
    I'd advise against any "cleaner" or "booster" apps. Android is well optimized on the KEYone and adding third party apps to help the OS isn't practical especially when the OS is already doing that in the background. Do a factory reset, it was night and day for me afterwards.
    skinnymike1 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    07-05-17 07:14 PM
    I think you're alone in having a screwed up K1. I use Chrome all day with no problem. My K1 is noticeable faster than my Priv.

Have you installed any strange apps lately? Are you killing the tabs in Chrome? Like, it's if safe to assume you don't have 350 open tabs or anything, right? What you're experiencing is very bizarre!
    07-05-17 07:17 PM
    Ccleaner is not a memory booster. it's just removes archived files. it doesn't work in the background at all. it just cleans your system when you feel a need to.
    07-05-17 07:21 PM
    I gave up on the PRIV after a week. didn't like the pure android. prefer the Keyone nuget
    07-05-17 07:34 PM
    Nothing strange added. I did a factory reset and am running a benchmark against the priv to see if there is something wrong. If the K1 doesn't beat the priv maybe it is something with the phone.
    DeliFresser likes this.
    07-05-17 07:43 PM
    It flies now. Killed the Priv in benchmarks. Something was holding it up. Thanks for the suggestion to do a factory reset
    07-05-17 07:51 PM
    It flies now. Killed the Priv in benchmarks. Something was holding it up. Thanks for the suggestion to do a factory reset
    No problemo! I had the same issue, made an entire thread telling those experiencing any slowness to do a factory reset. It's weird but for some reason the initial setup out of the box just didn't work well.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-05-17 07:55 PM
    In my opinion you are alone. I owned the PRIV since it's launch. There is a serious problem with that device which the Keyone out performs in every way. A Factory reset is a temporary fix as the device goes back to slow and sluggish. I love the PRIV for what it was but I'm very happy with the Keyone. I have all the apps my PRIV had and all work better and I don't have to hard reset it several times a week just to work simple tasks.

Good luck with your PRIV and you definitely sound like you have a problem with your Keyone. My Keyone has over a 120 apps with everything turned on including location. No issues with Chrome.
    07-05-17 08:18 PM
    In my opinion you are alone. I owned the PRIV since it's launch. There is a serious problem with that device which the Keyone out performs in every way. A Factory reset is a temporary fix as the device goes back to slow and sluggish. I love the PRIV for what it was but I'm very happy with the Keyone. I have all the apps my PRIV had and all work better and I don't have to hard reset it several times a week just to work simple tasks. Good luck with your PRIV.
    No, that is not the case with my KEYone. My KEYone I assumed was great off the bat, it was decent enough for me and I assumed this was the best it can do. But after I played with my friends KEYone I realized something was drastically wrong with my device. Again, my device was slow from the box, the factory reset really fixed things. More people should try a reset.
    07-05-17 08:21 PM
    use my Priv for mobile email management and it's fine. Just acquired a Sony XZ Premium and that kills the Priv. Will I get a K1? Not sure. The Priv is sluggish but for the Hub function it works fine. Just like to see how TCL go with the BlackBerry heritage and wait until K2 comes out
    07-05-17 08:21 PM
    I used PRIV for couple months and from last 2 weeks I am using KeyOne, I feel KeyOne is lot better than PRIV.

when I was using PRIV, I decided never come back to BlackBerry android due to sluggish and unresponsive esp apps like Snapchat.

But somehow my internal BlackBerry fanism let me buy the KeyOne, and I am happy with this.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-05-17 08:30 PM
    glad your K1 is better now. I have the Priv and my k1 is way faster and better than my Priv. And this is right out of the box. I am loving the return of the Classic and Bold form factor. perfect device for me.
    07-05-17 08:34 PM
    I found the issue. It was my nova launcher. I had installed it again and things were getting slow again. I un- installed it and back to normal
    07-06-17 07:30 PM
    Sorry to hear. I currently have 39 tabs open in chrome.. Not a single issue with responsiveness etc. KEYone is a workhorse.
    Attached Thumbnails Am I alone?-23057.jpg  
    skinnymike1 and anon(870071) like this.
    07-07-17 12:03 AM
    I'd advise against any "cleaner" or "booster" apps.
    In general I agree totally, but CCleaner is not the same as greenify or booster apps. It doesn't run in the background, it only does what you tell it to do when you tell it to do so.
    It's great for the occasional cache clearing, and will even delete old call logs, by a time range you specify, among other things.
    07-07-17 12:18 PM

Good advise, I did not know Ccleaner was available for a phone. Does wonders for windows.
    07-07-17 01:09 PM
    What?! I promptly sold my Priv within 2 weeks of owning a KEYone. There's absolutely no way I'm going back to the Priv. Ever. There's zero lag on my KEYone and don't get me started on this never ending battery life.
    ce71 likes this.
    07-07-17 02:53 PM
    Agreed I have had the same experience!
    07-07-17 03:51 PM
    Now I'm seeing it with the stock launcher. My take 3rd party launchers slow it dow.
    07-07-17 03:53 PM