Does anyone use Nova and also have a way to quicklaunch apps/things from the keyboard?
    06-11-17 09:07 AM
    Does anyone use Nova and also have a way to quicklaunch apps/things from the keyboard?
    Yes, you uninstall it and use BB launcher instead... ;-)

LOL, I'm just joking with you. I hope someone does know a real solution for you though so you'd be happy with your phone. Maybe email the developer and see what he/she says about it.
    06-11-17 11:34 AM
    This isn't really about Nova. It's how does one disable the default behaviour of initiating a search when keys are pressed on the home screen (when using an alternate launcher)
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    06-11-17 11:45 AM
    GGotta have my red splat and unfortunately you lose the splat unless you use the BlackBerry launcher.
    06-11-17 12:12 PM
    GGotta have my red splat and unfortunately you lose the splat unless you use the BlackBerry launcher.
    Did you check the notification options (Nova settings > Notification badges)? The free version has dots (i.e. splat) or dynamic badges (depends on app), and the paid version + the TeslaUnread addon adds numeric badges.
    Diana Melamet likes this.
    06-11-17 01:00 PM
    Me too I think they should make an app
    06-20-17 01:04 PM
    Has someone noticed lag when using Action Launcher? It is lovely but seems slow and troubled, compared with Nova...
    06-24-17 02:07 PM
    I love Smart Launcher 3. It's very intuitive and has gestures so I can make my Android experience more BB10-like.
    mbirth likes this.
    06-26-17 09:21 PM
    Hi all, i was searching for a launcher that allowed me to do a search based on keyboard input straight from the home screen e.g. typing 'fa' would show apps anything on the phone starting with that in like 'facebook' or 'father' or 'becca fall'. This method is made for physical keyboards in my opinion, it's the one letter keyboard shortcuts but without having to remember all the shortcuts !!

The Blackberry launcher does this via its own search (if you disable the keyboard shortcuts) but its very unattractive and more importantly quite slow.

Best I've found so far is Everything.Me which i don't think has been developed for a couple of years but still gets updates on the app store. It's quick and allows a very minimalist home screen as everything is one or two keyboard entries away (contacts and apps show straight up and web search and app store searches via a quick click on the relative icon).
    07-05-17 03:45 AM
    I love Smart Launcher 3. It's very intuitive and has gestures so I can make my Android experience more BB10-like.
    And it automatically sorts all your apps into the right categories so you don't have to come up with something. And the main screen can be configured to be perfect for one-handed use. And it's easy on the resources. Together with "Icon Pack Studio", you can make all the icons look like you want to without having to buy any other icon pack again. I don't know any better launcher for phones.
    NightFire likes this.
    07-05-17 06:34 AM
    Action Launcher is great
    07-05-17 07:16 AM
    On Nova you have to download two apps to get notifications on the app itself...
    No, you do not need to download any other program once you have Nova to have notification of new email or Whatsapp or any other new incoming item. It's all there, customizable.

And the rest of your listed shortcomings of Nova are also incorrect, by the way.
    07-05-17 10:07 AM
    No, you do not need to download any other program once you have Nova to have notification of new email or Whatsapp or any other new incoming item. It's all there, customizable.

And the rest of your listed shortcomings of Nova are also incorrect, by the way.
    Umm smart guy, yes you have to pay for Nova Launcher Prime. And it's a separate app.. This is what you miss out on if you don't buy and download it. See below!

Nova Launcher Prime
    Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
    • Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
    • Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
    • Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
    • Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
    • Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
    • More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw

Nova Launcher Prime acts as a license to unlock these features in the free Nova Launcher App. You will need to install Nova Launcher first.
    07-05-17 10:15 AM
    Umm smart guy, yes you have to pay for Nova Launcher Prime. And it's a separate app.. This is what you miss out on if you don't buy and download it. See below!

Nova Launcher Prime
    Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
    • Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
    • Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
    • Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
    • Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
    • Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
    • More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw

Nova Launcher Prime acts as a license to unlock these features in the free Nova Launcher App. You will need to install Nova Launcher first.
    Ok, but I don't consider using the paid version to replace the free version as requiring the use of a separate app, which you claimed and which, to me, implies using two apps. I use one app - Nova launcher - but that app isn't free. And it has all the functionality the original poster asked for, in ONE app. 😉
    07-05-17 12:40 PM
    Anybody using evie launcher? I've had for a couple of days and I'm liking the feel of the launcher..but I feel the app drawer is a bit clustered because the tile are closer to each other!
    James Pelletier likes this.
    07-05-17 12:48 PM
40 12