Has anyone tried any alternative Launchers? I'm new to Android and have been playing around with some but each one I have tried seems to disable something such as the Productivity Tab. There are a couple I like but don't want to sacrifice functionality. Anyone having similar experiences?
    06-07-17 09:42 PM
    My vote for nova launcher, but I don't use productivity tab
    06-07-17 09:55 PM
    Any 3rd party ones that support keyboard shortcuts? That is the only think keeping me on stock launcher
    George Kaume likes this.
    06-07-17 10:01 PM
    Any 3rd party ones that support keyboard shortcuts? That is the only think keeping me on stock launcher
    I use Nova and an app called Button remapper. Works better than BlackBerry Launcher in my opinion. Because it allows the KB shortcuts from everywhere.
    JWW likes this.
    06-07-17 10:03 PM
    I've used different launchers on my priv (waiting for availability for keyone stillll) and found that action 3 launcher is definitely the best, namely over BlackBerry launcher and nova. would like the kb shortcuts on my priv but never new of the app "button remapper".

I'd try action 3 launcher on kkey one and use the button remapper as smertz mentioned, as well. can't tell you how much more I appreciate action 3 than the others.

Also productivity tab works on action 3 on priv, fyi
    06-07-17 10:09 PM
    There are a lot of great launchers but the fact that one of the best features of the KEYone (keyboard shortcuts) can't be used on any of them is a no go for me.
    06-07-17 10:13 PM
    There are a lot of great launchers but the fact that one of the best features of the KEYone (keyboard shortcuts) can't be used on any of them is a no go for me.
    I agree with... *looks at name* wait, no I don't, I take it back, I TAKE IT BACK!!!!!11
    06-07-17 10:46 PM
    I use Nova and an app called Button remapper. Works better than BlackBerry Launcher in my opinion. Because it allows the KB shortcuts from everywhere.
    I hear a lot of great things about Nova Launcher. I think they pretty much hold the crown for the best launcher if you go by word-of-mouth. Too bad they don't fully support keyboard shortcuts. I get what you're saying about the button remapper thing, but it's still not quite the same. You guys should email the developer, if they can get the long press and short press kb shortcuts like in the BB launcher, they would have a killer alternative for the KEYone. Might force BB to make more improvements to their launcher to compete. Win-win for everyone.
    06-07-17 10:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I hate to say it but the one I like the most looks like a Windows phone. Just strange using a Windows look on an Android system on a Blackberry phone.
    06-07-17 10:49 PM
    I've used different launchers on my priv (waiting for availability for keyone stillll) and found that action 3 launcher is definitely the best, namely over BlackBerry launcher and nova. would like the kb shortcuts on my priv but never new of the app "button remapper".

I'd try action 3 launcher on kkey one and use the button remapper as smertz mentioned, as well. can't tell you how much more I appreciate action 3 than the others.

Also productivity tab works on action 3 on priv, fyi
    I am primarily a Nova Launcher user. At times I have used Arrow Launcher. I cannot get over how limited BB Launcher is. If there is a launcher that can emulate the key shortcuts, that would be a winner. I looked @ button remapper but it looks like it's only useable for external hardware buttons. Does anyone know if the keyboard buttons be assigned to shortcuts?
    06-07-17 10:54 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I hate to say it but the one I like the most looks like a Windows phone. Just strange using a Windows look on an Android system on a Blackberry phone.
    Didn't Mr. Mobile load Windows Phone onto the KEYone? Or is that just the launcher you're talking about? I didn't actually read the article, but saw the picture and headline on facebook...
    06-07-17 11:04 PM
    I agree with... *looks at name* wait, no I don't, I take it back, I TAKE IT BACK!!!!!11
    Lol I agreed with you once too actually.
    06-07-17 11:06 PM
    Lol I agreed with you once too actually.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK TOO!!! lol
    06-07-17 11:11 PM
    On Nova you have to download two apps to get notifications on the app itself as well as pay to get all bells and whistles. It also does not give you short cut options. App number notifications are not always accurate either. (eg: showing 3 instead of 2)
    Besides app tray stuck in front home screen I think BlackBerry Launcher is one of the better ones. I actually use it on my Pixel.
    06-07-17 11:19 PM
    Lol fine we are back to square one haha.
    06-07-17 11:41 PM
    On Nova you have to download two apps to get notifications on the app itself as well as pay to get all bells and whistles. It also does not give you short cut options. App number notifications are not always accurate either. (eg: showing 3 instead of 2)
    Besides app tray stuck in front home screen I think BlackBerry Launcher is one of the better ones. I actually use it on my Pixel.
    That's interesting to hear. You're probably the first person I remember saying you prefer the BB launcher to Nova on anything other than a pkb phone like the Priv or the KEYone... Not saying you're "wrong" or anything, just an observation. I didn't know all of those little quirks about Nova, people seem to butter it up a lot. And it did actually help me fix my wife's phone...

In case anyone else has experienced this, after an OS update to her Moto G3, her home button stopped working, notification tray stopped showing notifications, lock screen stopped working, and a few other things. I found out that it was a bug having to do with the account on the phone. In that state, there was no way to get to the accounts in order to fix this, but with the Nova launcher, one of the shortcuts that you could assign was the initial device setup. So you invoke this shortcut, it'll launch the setup wizard as if you just bought the phone new, then from there you can log into a google account (could not be the same one, but any other one would do). Once you do that, it'll log in and then everything will be fixed now that it's correctly logged in. Then just remove the new account and it's back to normal. So glad I discovered this because 99% of the solutions recommended online was to do a factory reset of the device, lol.
    06-07-17 11:44 PM
    Lol fine we are back to square one haha.
    *phew* I feel better already... ;-)
    06-07-17 11:45 PM
    That's interesting to hear. You're probably the first person I remember saying you prefer the BB launcher to Nova on anything other than a pkb phone like the Priv or the KEYone... Not saying you're "wrong" or anything, just an observation. I didn't know all of those little quirks about Nova, people seem to butter it up a lot. And it did actually help me fix my wife's phone...

In case anyone else has experienced this, after an OS update to her Moto G3, her home button stopped working, notification tray stopped showing notifications, lock screen stopped working, and a few other things. I found out that it was a bug having to do with the account on the phone. In that state, there was no way to get to the accounts in order to fix this, but with the Nova launcher, one of the shortcuts that you could assign was the initial device setup. So you invoke this shortcut, it'll launch the setup wizard as if you just bought the phone new, then from there you can log into a google account (could not be the same one, but any other one would do). Once you do that, it'll log in and then everything will be fixed now that it's correctly logged in. Then just remove the new account and it's back to normal. So glad I discovered this because 99% of the solutions recommended online was to do a factory reset of the device, lol.
    I certainly do like how you can size the apps on Nova and move them anywhere. I actually really like the Pixel Launcher but it does not have on app spark/number notifications like Nova or BlackBerry. Apparently coming with Android O. Nova is the best for all around functionality for sure. (Only wish it had the BlackBerry notification spark on the app) :-)
    06-07-17 11:55 PM
    I actually use the BB launcher on my Mate 9. It works well, has nice features and is smooth. I have Nova premium but everything isn't quite as easy to setup and takes more tweaking.

But yeah I wouldn't hold your breath on a 3rd party launcher adding keyboard support for such a niche, single device. It would have to basically be made for the K1
    06-08-17 03:09 AM
    One thing that doesn't get much mention that I happen to love since getting my KEYone, is the Pop-Up Widgets!!! I don't need to place a Hub widget on any of my screens anymore since I can just swipe up on the icon. Same with calendar and others, it's so convenient!!! ☺������
    06-08-17 04:24 AM
    I am primarily a Nova Launcher user. At times I have used Arrow Launcher. I cannot get over how limited BB Launcher is. If there is a launcher that can emulate the key shortcuts, that would be a winner. I looked @ button remapper but it looks like it's only useable for external hardware buttons. Does anyone know if the keyboard buttons be assigned to shortcuts?
    This ^^^ Does this app allow keyboard shortcuts on other launchers?
    06-08-17 07:10 AM
    I'm trying the Nova/Buttons Remapper combo.

Right now when I long press a key (that's setup in Buttons Remapper) from the home screen, the device first launches Device Search and then after the long-press-time it does the configured action.

How do I disable the automatic Device Search part? (I don't want to Disable the Device Search app itself, since I like to use when I need it).
    06-08-17 10:54 AM
    It turns out even if I do disable Device Search, long-pressing on a key from the home screen (in Nova) launches goggle search, and repeats the character in the search box.
    06-08-17 01:41 PM
    How do you prevent Buttons Remapper from launching apps you have assigned to the KB keys when you are typing in other apps? If I have "T" assigned to launch Textra, and I use the "T" key in Hangouts, it launches Textra. What are you guys doing to prevent this from happening?
    06-08-17 01:58 PM
    Well I personally handle that by only using Buttons Remapper to do long-press (1 second) actions.
    06-08-17 02:09 PM
40 12