I keep on reading about how the KEYone is missing the boat, launching too late, and not being enough. I hear how this will be just as big a fiasco as the BB10 launch. Well, let's put this into perspective. (I know, that just wrecks all the fun.) Those of us who have an androidwear smartwatch have been waiting with baited breath for the launch of Android wear 2.0. It was to be launched in October. then January, February, March.... It is mid March, and one company,(Fossil) has finally updated three of it's watches.

So it is not just BlackBerry, or the KEYone, who delays widespread release. Besides, no firm date has been set for the release of the KEYone, so how can it be late?
    03-17-17 11:05 AM
    I keep on reading about how the KEYone is missing the boat, launching too late, and not being enough. I hear how this will be just as big a fiasco as the BB10 launch. Well, let's put this into perspective. (I know, that just wrecks all the fun.) Those of us who have an androidwear smartwatch have been waiting with baited breath for the launch of Android wear 2.0. It was to be launched in October. then January, February, March.... It is mid March, and one company,(Fossil) has finally updated three of it's watches.

So it is not just BlackBerry, or the KEYone, who delays widespread release. Besides, no firm date has been set for the release of the KEYone, so how can it be late?
    I think for some the long wait for the Vienna>Mercury>KEYone... has been a very, very long one. At this point they just can't stand the wait. Especially with how long this has been a story, and with all the teasing that BlackBerry and TCL have both done.

For others... they have been wanting to see what TCL brings to the Brand. Some sign that they will do the things that BlackBerry did not or could not do to make the brand a success. And so far they haven't seen it....

You are right that it's not unusual for companies to miss deadlines.... heck Samsung got their NOTE 7 out and still had a major issue that killed that series of the product.

For me the test is does the Enterprise niche that TCL is focusing on, care? Are they sitting around and waiting on BlackBerry and TCL.... or have they already moved on after the last six years of uncertainty.
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-17-17 11:23 AM