BlackBerry Mercury release - Why fans are about to see something very 'different' | Tech | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
    What does this comment from the article truly mean?
    The BlackBerry Mercury is set to be the company’s most powerful smartphone to date, featuring improved hardware alongside an all-new design that blends a curved metal build with the classic QWERTY keyboard.
    Last edited by kitmo; 02-24-17 at 12:24 PM.
    02-24-17 12:14 PM
    Great article, thanks for posting. Just wondering what Thurber meant with "Western markets coming soon"? I thought TCL has the worldwide rights with the exception of Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Nepal?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 12:31 PM
    Well we all know what the Mercury will be so not too sure what you are asking?
    02-24-17 12:31 PM
    Great article, thanks for posting. Just wondering what Thurber meant with "Western markets coming soon"? I thought TCL has the worldwide rights with the exception of Indonesia, India, Bangladesh and Nepal?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure either.

Maybe some cross deals to allow each other's devices in each other's markets?
    02-24-17 12:38 PM
    Well we all know what the Mercury will be so not too sure what you are asking?
    If we all know what the Mercury will be, why are we waiting to hear specifics? Thurber says most powerful smartphone and I wonder what that means?
    02-24-17 12:42 PM
    If we all know what the Mercury will be, why are we waiting to hear specifics? Thurber says most powerful smartphone and I wonder what that means?
    Good ole internet lol I would say 95% of the time prior to big "launch" and reveal events people know all of the hardware details already. So many leaks whether it be Apple or Samsung etc. if a new iPhone's coming out all of the details are known ahead of time. In this case though, what we don't know yet is release/availability date and price. That comment doesn't mean powerful in terms of Chip It would mean powerful in the sense that it's got great hardware, with physical KB, great internal specs, good screen, Blackberry's Android Nougat etc.

I don't think he meants the specs will be higher than DTEK60 by that statement.
    02-24-17 12:46 PM
    Good ole internet lol I would say 95% of the time prior to big "launch" and reveal events people know all of the details already. So many leaks whether it be Apple or Samsung etc. if a new iPhone's coming out all of the details are known ahead of time. That comment doesn't mean powerful in terms of Chip It would mean powerful in the sense that it's got great hardware, with physical KB, great internal specs, good screen, Blackberry's Android Nougat etc.

That is my question. Did he misspeak and mean most powerful in terms of past BB pkb's or did he mean it will have higher specs than the DTEK60? Hard to think that someone in his position misspeaks in a way that gives the wrong impression to peons like me.
    02-24-17 12:50 PM
    That is my question. Did he misspeak and mean most powerful in terms of past BB pkb's or did he mean it will have higher specs than the DTEK60? Hard to think that someone in his position misspeaks in a way that gives the wrong impression to peons like me.
    He didn't mis speak though, I'm sure he wasn't talking specs he was talking about the device as a whole. And when you think about it, there's no way he's going to say "We are releasing a device that's not really as powerful as what we had before because that one had a SD820 but this one is a SD625 but it's still great" He's going to say it's the most Powerful device to date.
    02-24-17 12:57 PM
    He didn't mis speak though, I'm sure he wasn't talking specs he was talking about the device as a whole. And when you think about it, there's no way he's going to say "We are releasing a device that's not really as powerful as what we had before because that one had a SD820 but this one is a SD625 but it's still great" He's going to say it's the most Powerful device to date.
    That is a good explanation.
    02-24-17 01:16 PM
    Kinda like when he said the Dtek50 was the most secure smartphone ever LOL. It's marketing and nothing more.
    kitmo and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    02-24-17 01:18 PM
    Kinda like when he said the Dtek50 was the most secure smartphone ever LOL. It's marketing and nothing more.
    +1

#whatisclassic
    kitmo likes this.
    02-24-17 03:06 PM
    Personally I'd rather have a complete package and a longer lasting battery over the absolute fastest. I barely notice a difference between the top end to lower end devices I've used in the majority of day to day use. As long as it doesn't completely lag or crap out on me I'm quite happy waiting the additional milliseconds to have a better battery life
    02-24-17 03:24 PM
    Personally I'd rather have a complete package and a longer lasting battery over the absolute fastest. I barely notice a difference between the top end to lower end devices I've used in the majority of day to day use. As long as it doesn't completely lag or crap out on me I'm quite happy waiting the additional milliseconds to have a better battery life
    Yes, phones like PCs before them have developed to the point wherever they just work as expected for most people.
    02-24-17 04:04 PM
    You guys and gals are worse than the Beatles fans and Paul is dead! lol I agree that this is marketing speak, and realistically it will be the most powerful pkb device BlackBerry has been involved in. Just like the Q10 was the most powerful BB10 PKB device (pre Passport) even though the Z30 had better specs. At any rate, I expect it will be a very smooth experience.
    kitmo likes this.
    02-24-17 07:03 PM
    Good ole internet lol I would say 95% of the time prior to big "launch" and reveal events people know all of the hardware details already. So many leaks whether it be Apple or Samsung etc. if a new iPhone's coming out all of the details are known ahead of time. In this case though, what we don't know yet is release/availability date and price. That comment doesn't mean powerful in terms of Chip It would mean powerful in the sense that it's got great hardware, with physical KB, great internal specs, good screen, Blackberry's Android Nougat etc.

It's kitmo, he'll cling on to every hope that it'll have a sd835 in it until tomorrow, lol. But we'll all see tomorrow.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-24-17 07:12 PM
    It's kitmo, he'll cling on to every hope that it'll have a sd835 in it until tomorrow, lol. But we'll all see tomorrow.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yeah, key words being "until tomorrow" lol

It's funny to me when specs are leaked and for months ppl hope and dream specs will be different and then are disappointed when specs are just as they were leaked lol

And isn't Kitmo a "she"? I may have imagined that though
    02-24-17 07:45 PM
    It's all hype. Don't expect to be blown away.
    02-24-17 07:47 PM
    It's all hype. Don't expect to be blown away.
    Doesn't matter. I'm all in!
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    02-24-17 07:49 PM
    Yes, phones like PCs before them have developed to the point wherever they just work as expected for most people.
    Oh, you mean like the whole "Megahurtz" myth/phenomenon from back in the late '90s? You're probably too young to remember that one!
    02-24-17 07:52 PM
    Doesn't matter. I'm all in!
    If Nokia doesn't win me over, me too!
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-24-17 08:09 PM
    Thurber did not say that. Those words belong to the reporter, so they would be the reporter's opinion/hope/dream/fantasy/...

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    02-24-17 08:13 PM