06-02-17 02:48 AM
76 1234
tools
    The fact that you can't believe that people are having problems with the K1 doesn't mean that people aren't having problems.
    I am woking of facts from reviews I can read. I wish people would post their negative experience at the retailer web site from where they bought their K1s. This would give us a more balanced perspective as you'd need to be a verified customer.
    05-29-17 06:09 AM
    I am woking of facts from reviews I can read. I wish people would post their negative experience at the retailer web site from where they bought their K1s. This would give us a more balanced perspective as you'd need to be a verified customer.
    Stop posting on crackberry and just post on the CPW website? OK, then.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-29-17 06:48 AM
    This is an observation not only about KEYone Threads but Crackberry Threads and those of many other websites. I look at the comments under some threads - like 'Screen Falls Off', 'Problems from Day One' - and the vast majority of comments refute the asserted observation. Yet, the fact someone posts a refutation (or any comment) adds to the importance of the thread, so it keeps appearing first. In reality very few people, if any, replicate the asserted experience, but to the casual observer (not prepared to go through the 50 or 150 comments) the title passes an overwhelmingly unsupported message.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, you did realise that your thread would attract the agitators, didn't you.
    Insync likes this.
    05-29-17 07:05 AM
    I'm not disputing those reviews. What I, and others have raised objections to is the dismissal of posts about flaws in the K1 as "fake news," as if there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with it.
    My observation is about a type of thread title and the logarithm that catapults even refuted titles to first reading. Devices may have flaws - one person's screen fell off once when he dropped it from an undescribed height - ok, move on.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-29-17 07:25 AM
    Stop posting on crackberry and just post on the CPW website? OK, then.
    No. My posts are relevant to the subject of this thread. This is a public forum. And I have posted my real life experience of the K1 at the CPW web site as other real owners have. Too many people here just speculating and extrapolating.
    05-29-17 07:25 AM
    So instead of Screen Falls Off, what would you suggest for a title?
    05-29-17 07:42 AM
    No. My posts are relevant to the subject of this thread. This is a public forum. And I have posted my real life experience of the K1 at the CPW web site as other real owners have. Too many people here just speculating and extrapolating.
    You keep saying REAL OWNERS as if The_Q and others who have experienced problems with their KEYones are not real.

Just because you or those posting on the CPW website have not experienced problems, does not negate the problems that others are experiencing. It also does not make them less "real" than you.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-29-17 07:50 AM
    "Screen Falls Off" infers that that is a "feature" of the design of the phone. "Has keyboard! Screen falls off!"

"Screen fell off" indicates what happened to HIS phone.

But it's not nearly as dramatic and millenial-attention-seeking.
    05-29-17 09:07 AM
    This is an observation not only about KEYone Threads but Crackberry Threads and those of many other websites. I look at the comments under some threads - like 'Screen Falls Off', 'Problems from Day One' - and the vast majority of comments refute the asserted observation. Yet, the fact someone posts a refutation (or any comment) adds to the importance of the thread, so it keeps appearing first. In reality very few people, if any, replicate the asserted experience, but to the casual observer (not prepared to go through the 50 or 150 comments) the title passes an overwhelmingly unsupported message.

Posted via CB10
    Shocking
    05-29-17 11:07 AM
    Perhaps it was actually the back that fell off. Nothing was said about that. I'm totally alarmed and aghast!
    howarmat, iamci and gallopiton like this.
    05-29-17 11:27 AM
    "Screen Fell Off After Drop"? Of course, it wouldn't get as many clicks as "Screen Falls Off", which implies that it "just" happens, akin to the Passport screen lift issues.
    05-29-17 11:57 AM
    "Screen Fell Off After Drop"? Of course, it wouldn't get as many clicks as "Screen Falls Off", which implies that it "just" happens, akin to the Passport screen lift issues.
    Yeah, I wonder when all these people,
    that have issues like this , will figure out that bad stuff is liable to happen when you drop the darn thing. Doesn't matter whether it's 6 inches or 6 feet. If you have butterfingers, you probably shouldn't be using it in the first place. Or at least quit blaming the manufacturer for your clumsiness.
    05-29-17 12:07 PM
    that have issues like this , will figure out that bad stuff is liable to happen when you drop the darn thing. Doesn't matter whether it's 6 inches or 6 feet. If you have butterfingers, you probably shouldn't be using it in the first place. Or at least quit blaming the manufacturer for your clumsiness.
    Sound logic as per Cb wisdom /S
    05-29-17 12:37 PM
    I think it's more to justify warranty coverage. If it's completely your own fault, then you're not entitled to a replacement or repairs for free.

If we start hearing about KEYone screens coming apart without drops involved, then that's a real general manufacturing/design problem.

Should the KEYone's screen have come off so "easily" after a drop? We would like to think not, but we have no idea what /kind/ of impact caused the poster's screen issue or whether his/her particular unit did indeed have a manufacturing/design flaw. It really needs to be reproduced. Hopefully iFixIt will evaluate. They're good at calling out manufacturing/design issues. (Maybe they'll actually praise how compartmentalize the screen unit is from the rest of the phone, making replacement easy...)
    PDAJAH and Insync like this.
    05-29-17 12:42 PM
    So when someone posts "KeyONE, the best and fastest phone in the world(I've ever used)". Is it the absolute right evaluation of that phone?
    Posted via CB10
    Yes it is. If you know how to use keyboard shortcuts and qwerty navigation competently.
    05-30-17 03:54 AM
    Actually, another user has chimed in, whose screen really just fell off completely unprovoked (according to him, of course).
    05-30-17 04:00 AM
    Posted a pic
    05-30-17 04:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am so alarmed reading your thread titles.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 05:12 AM
    What I also find irritating are threads titled, e.g. "Red Blackberry KEYone!!" (two exclamation marks!) which sounds like there was a real-life sighting of one ... only to find out they photoshopped a picture.
    Tim-ANC, Insync and p1800nut like this.
    05-30-17 05:33 AM
    In the UK CPW is the biggest cellphone retailer. On their web site more K1 customers have posted positive reviews than for the Samsung S8! The reason is that every survey of consumers has said that battery life is their main priority for what they want from a smartphone. Also the PKB is not just a feature, it is about productivity and the K1 is packed with hardware and software productivity features.
    As with most reviews/polls about Blackberry devices, users post more fervently about them than many other users of smartphones do. Look at all of the polls in the smartphone battles that BlackBerry devices have won. They won because CrackBerry members flooded those polls because they were much more adamant about proving that BlackBerry makes great devices.

I'm not saying the K1 is not a great phone, but BlackBerry users have been know to more feverishly post positive reviews of their devices than users of other smartphones. Users of other smartphones don't really care enough to post reviews, while users of BlackBerry devices consistently feel that they have to prove the devices worth by writing exceptional reviews as well as flooding polls about which phone is the best.
    mbirth and buwee like this.
    05-30-17 05:50 AM
    First, these are support forums. Second, posting only glowing positive reviews and believing there are no problems is also fake news.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 06:28 AM
    First, these are support forums. Second, posting only glowing positive reviews and believing there are no problems is also fake news.

Posted via CB10
    It's also fake news to condemn a phone prior to launch because one guy dropped his phone and broke the screen.
    05-30-17 07:43 AM
    It's also fake news to condemn a phone prior to launch because one guy dropped his phone and broke the screen.
    I agree but these forums are a great way to report problems and troubleshoot. Plus, BBMobile is active on here and should be aware of early issues. But you are also right that one isolated issue should not dictate the future course of the phone unless it keeps happening. But we wouldn't know unless it is reported.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 07:48 AM
    Holy Cow fake news about "fake news"
    05-30-17 07:51 AM
    Posted a pic
    Someone starts two thread titles: first is 11 point 'Frustrations with' K1, second is 'Screen Falls Off'.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 08:02 AM
76 1234