So when someone posts "KeyONE, the best and fastest phone in the world(I've ever used)". Is it the absolute right evaluation of that phone?
    The only thing good about the KeyONE is it's keyboard and battery, maybe also it's unique standout design. Other than that, nothing, nothing at all. It's just another overpriced phone for normal consumers. If they want a device with a keyboard, this is their only choice, so they don't mind shelling out that much money. But for others, it's just an ordinary or below par device!
    There will be something wrong with some batch of the phones or some individual devices, it doesn't mean they are purposefully occurring so as to degrade the BlackBerry brand value, which is non existent! Who benefits from degrading it? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    KEYone is definitely not a phone for "normal consumers". KEYone is targeted for business people, professionals and others that like PKB. These users also like a few of the main steam apps. Not gamers or professional photographers.
    That is the target market. Not general consumers.
    05-30-17 08:14 AM
    KEYone is definitely not a phone for "normal consumers". KEYone is targeted for business people, professionals and others that like PKB. These users also like a few of the main steam apps. Not gamers or professional photographers.
    That market evidently doesn't exist because BlackBerry has been releasing phones for this market until they went out of the phone business lolll
    05-30-17 08:17 AM
    That market evidently doesn't exist because BlackBerry has been releasing phones for this market until they went out of the phone business lolll
    You forget that their was the app gap issues, that's what happened. BlackBerry were too late to the game with Z10 and not enough proper apps. This is the first real solid external keyboard device (Priv was not a good device) that has apps and above average specs. Will it be like iPhone or Samsung; No, but it will cater to a Niche market that could be profitable for TCL and BlackBerry.
    05-30-17 08:24 AM
    You forget that their was the app gap issues, that's what happened. BlackBerry were too late to the game with Z10 and not enough proper apps. This is the first real solid external keyboard device (Priv was not a good device) that has apps and above average specs. Will it be like iPhone or Samsung; No, but it will cater to a Niche market that could be profitable for TCL and BlackBerry.
    If I had to bet on this I would have to bet no, it won't be profitable. Although I hope for them to be successful of course.

BlackBerry's stock surged recently because of Chen's strategy of leaving hardware lolll
    05-30-17 08:30 AM
    These users also like a few of the main steam apps.
    Well the BB10 app that feeds my Passport's turbines can only get it up to about 10 knots. I hope the K1 main steam propulsion apps can push it to the 24 knot maximum.
    05-30-17 08:31 AM
    Actually, another user has chimed in, whose screen really just fell off completely unprovoked (according to him, of course).
    That's what they always tell the insurance company.
    05-30-17 12:02 PM
    So what is there in this KeyONE, that business people or professionals want, which is not in any other smartphones such as Samsung, iPhone, even OnePlus, or Xiaomi?
    Other than the ones I've mentioned?! DTEK app?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 02:42 PM
    So what is there in this KeyONE, that business people or professionals want, which is not in any other smartphones such as Samsung, iPhone, even OnePlus, or Xiaomi?
    Other than the ones I've mentioned?! DTEK app?

Posted via CB10
    1.Security for starters
    2.PKB for less mistakes typing and also faster in time because you are not correcting mistakes all the time because of auto correct.
    3.Very integrated Contacts and Calendar into Hub. (Only available on Android)
    4.Meeting mode.
    5.Productivity Tab
    6.Cut and paste takes half the time with control C on PKB.
    7. 56 key short cuts. Plus an extra convenience key
    8. Larger screen space to compose emails or texts so you can see your long but very important messages and not having to scroll because VKB takes up half the screen.
    9. Did I mention the longest lasting battery? Great for travellers, Doctors, Lawyers and anyone that does not want the hassle of carrying a battery pack or charger.

It's all about less time spent looking finding, correcting, extra clicking and knowing it's secure.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-31-17 at 10:10 PM.
    simon williams4 likes this.
    05-31-17 03:49 PM
    1.Security for starters
    2.PKB for less mistakes typing and also faster in time because you are not correcting mistakes all the time because of auto correct.
    3.Very integrated Contacts and Calendar into Hub. (Only available on Android)
    4.Meeting mode.
    5.Productivity Tab
    6.Cut and paste takes half the time with control C on PKB.
    7. 56 key short cuts. Plus an extra convenience key
    8. Larger screen space to compose emails or texts so you can see your long but very important messages and not having to scroll because VKB takes up half the screen.
    9. Did I mention the longest lasting battery? Great for travellers, Doctors, Lawyers and anyone that does not want the hassle of carrying a battery pack or charger.

It's all about less time spent looking finding, correcting, extra clicking and knowing it's secure.
    Half of the features you mentioned are because of the keyboard and then the battery you said. Which I've mentioned in my previous post!
    Productivity tab? Who uses that? Lol just a gimmick, I ready a lot of comments here in CB that they just mostly turn it off, since they don't use it.
    Anyone with Marshmallow or above can install those BlackBerry android apps you mentioned such as hub, contacts etc.
    Keyboard covering up half the display? Really? Does that bother a 5.5-6" smartphone? Also did you see LG V30?

BlackBerry is for business people or professionals are a thing of the past when BlackBerry was the only smartphone to support push mail and stuff. Not anymore, most of the phones can do things much better than a BlackBerry right now.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 03:15 AM
    Half of the features you mentioned are because of the keyboard and then the battery you said. Which I've mentioned in my previous post!
    Productivity tab? Who uses that? Lol just a gimmick, I ready a lot of comments here in CB that they just mostly turn it off, since they don't use it.
    Anyone with Marshmallow or above can install those BlackBerry android apps you mentioned such as hub, contacts etc.
    Keyboard covering up half the display? Really? Does that bother a 5.5-6" smartphone? Also did you see LG V30?

BlackBerry is for business people or professionals are a thing of the past when BlackBerry was the only smartphone to support push mail and stuff. Not anymore, most of the phones can do things much better than a BlackBerry right now.

Posted via CB10
    So you admit because of PKB that battery, shortcuts, less mistakes made that KEYone is better for productivity; which matters to professionals and other business people and Government workers.
    You completely ignore the benefits of productivity and security (can't root). You asked why it is better and I reminded you in the 8 points.
    I did say HUB is available on Android did I not?
    Okay big guy, you tell me why LG V30 is better in any way for productivity than KEYone? So when productivity matters; KEYone is by far the best.
    I use a 5" Google Pixel for the record but I'm not even close to pretending it's as productive as KEYone. I don't like larger slabs as it's a pain to carry around in a suit or use with one hand and not so fun when skiing in winter, I actually stopped using the DTEK 60 as it was too big.
    Remember, people using this device mostly don't do live gaming on their device or use a ton of apps.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 06-01-17 at 07:54 AM.
    06-01-17 07:41 AM
    Screen is still 4.5 not half of other phones. Maybe a 3rd at most. Productivity features are not a gimmick but if you group them as such better do that with any features OEMs bring to the table.
    06-01-17 07:50 AM
    You must have not read the WSJ yesterday lol

https://www.wsj.com/articles/plunder...ges-1496155016

Also the point about BB being for working professionals is invalid now imo. If that were the case, BB phones would be selling like hotcakes considering there are so many professionals and businessmen in the world. Let's face it, the appeal is only to PKB enthusiasts now, sadly.
    06-01-17 08:17 AM
    Perhaps it was actually the back that fell off. Nothing was said about that. I'm totally alarmed and aghast!
    or the air in between expanded... we need answers!
    06-01-17 08:19 AM
    You must have not read the WSJ yesterday lol

https://www.wsj.com/articles/plunder...ges-1496155016

Also the point about BB being for working professionals is invalid now imo. If that were the case, BB phones would be selling like hotcakes considering there are so many professionals and businessmen in the world. Let's face it, the appeal is only to PKB enthusiasts now, sadly.
    You are right but now because of this certain KEYone PKB (shortcuts, cut and paste etc) its productivity is superior. I know many a lawyer already going crazy to get it as soon as possible. They saw my wife's and loved it. One went right to Rogers and got one dumping their iPhone.
    Saying all that, it's still very much Niche market for people that want PKB.
    06-01-17 08:24 AM
    well fact is the screens are falling off some of these there are a couple other threads with lines running thru the screen and unresponsive keys.
    06-01-17 08:25 AM
    well fact is the screens are falling off some of these there are a couple other threads with lines running thru the screen and unresponsive keys.
    Maybe why the delay in releasing to the masses.
    06-01-17 08:27 AM
    There's been like 2 guys jeez.
    Insync likes this.
    06-01-17 08:37 AM
    There's been like 2 guys jeez.
    2 guys with screens falling off, a few more with bad lcd's with lines running thru the display and a few more with unresponsive keyboards and thats just here not counting people who aren't CB
    06-01-17 08:41 AM
    So you admit because of PKB that battery, shortcuts, less mistakes made that KEYone is better for productivity; which matters to professionals and other business people and Government workers.
    You completely ignore the benefits of productivity and security (can't root). You asked why it is better and I reminded you in the 8 points.
    Okay big guy, you tell me why LG V30 is better in any way for productivity than KEYone? So when productivity matters; KEYone is by far the best.
    I use a 5" Google Pixel for the record but I'm not even close to pretending it's as productive as KEYone. I don't like larger slabs as it's a pain to carry around in a suit or use with one hand and not so fun when skiing in winter, I actually stopped using the DTEK 60 as it was too big.
    Remember, people using this device mostly don't do live gaming on their device or use a ton of apps.
    My second day on the device, its no more predictive than the 5 SE i was using. Aside for the keyboard and without the tool belt like the Classic it aint any faster...let me tell you.

PP, Priv and dteks were geared to professionals as well, didnt save the brand. Nowadays they need to give something more and be creative.
    06-01-17 08:48 AM
    My second day on the device, its no more predictive than the 5 SE i was using. Aside for the keyboard and without the tool belt like the Classic it aint any faster...let me tell you.

PP, Priv and dteks were geared to professionals as well, didnt save the brand. Nowadays they need to give something more and be creative.
    I think more "Productive" is the term and we are comparing to slabs. It's because of the 56 plus shortcuts and cut and paste ease. I'm thinking that is innovative, No? Can you do that on VKB?
    06-01-17 08:56 AM
    I think more "Productive" is the term and we are comparing to slabs. It's because of the 56 plus shortcuts and cut and paste ease. I'm thinking that is innovative, No? Can you do that on VKB?
    Yes productive. Thanks for the correction.

I know what you mean, although in my case i cant see using or setting up that many shortcuts and i do a lot of work on my phone. Truthfully, i think its because i have just gotten used to vkb over the past years. But i honestly overcame missing the toolbelt or shortcuts tbh.

not dismissing the shortcuts, just that a well balanced vkb's caught up on productivity side. Os dependent too right.
    06-01-17 09:56 AM
    OP=the sky is falling and I'm worried that readers of this forum may be dissuaded from enjoying the absolute goodness that is the KeyOne!
    06-01-17 10:10 AM
    Yes productive. Thanks for the correction.

I know what you mean, although in my case i cant see using or setting up that many shortcuts and i do a lot of work on my phone. Truthfully, i think its because i have just gotten used to vkb over the past years. But i honestly overcame missing the toolbelt or shortcuts tbh.

not dismissing the shortcuts, just that a well balanced vkb's caught up on productivity side. Os dependent too right.
    The rest of the world has gotten used to it as well. I am not sure how many would turn back.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 11:14 AM
    The rest of the world has gotten used to it as well. I am not sure how many would turn back.

Posted via CB10
    200 BlackBerry 10 users from CB, and new DTEK owners...

Only if BlackBerry launched the phone properly on time, KeyONE could have been a good sale. Not once they get it right.

I still feel KeyONE is a great phone, 3 things I don't like about it are, display quality, speakers and no swipe up gesture from home button.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jevinzac; 06-02-17 at 02:43 AM.
    06-02-17 02:30 AM
    So security is defined by the capability of whether it can be rooted or not? Lol
    If Hub is available on other phones, why is it mentioned as plus point on KeyONE, it's like mentioning there's snapchat on KeyONE.
    Dual display, assign frequently used apps in the secondary display, much more possibility than a layer just capable of having a keyboard!
    I think KeyONE is larger than your Pixel! :P
    Who said anything about gaming? And about apps, on what basis you said that? Applications are what power a smartphone. Not just the calling or emailing feature. BlackBerry OS users don't use apps because there are no apps available, if they didn't want a ton of apps, BlackBerry 10 would have still been here, kicking ***!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 02:36 AM
76 1234