This is an observation not only about KEYone Threads but Crackberry Threads and those of many other websites. I look at the comments under some threads - like 'Screen Falls Off', 'Problems from Day One' - and the vast majority of comments refute the asserted observation. Yet, the fact someone posts a refutation (or any comment) adds to the importance of the thread, so it keeps appearing first. In reality very few people, if any, replicate the asserted experience, but to the casual observer (not prepared to go through the 50 or 150 comments) the title passes an overwhelmingly unsupported message.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling and mrluky60 like this.
    05-28-17 06:55 PM
    yep you are correct that many of these issues are probably not widespread
    05-28-17 06:59 PM
    Such is life on a internet forum.
    05-28-17 09:33 PM
    What is alarmist or false about them? People are sharing real experiences and the screen thread had a picture to prove it. Do you think people are just making things up to hurt BlackBerry? Nobody cares enough about BlackBerry to do that.
    05-28-17 10:50 PM
    Fact - not everyone's experience with the K1 will be the same.

Fact - not everyone will like the K1. I know it's hard to believe.
    anon(870071) and PantherBlitz like this.
    05-28-17 11:01 PM
    As much as it seems the opposite, this is a support forum, not a pep rally.
    05-28-17 11:14 PM
    Such is life on a internet forum.
    Such is life on crackberry.
    05-28-17 11:15 PM
    What is false news about what you mentioned? People were posting about having problems with their phone since Day 1 and that guy's screen did fall off. I hope it doesn't happen to you, then. Otherwise, some fanboy may create a thread and dismiss your experience as alarmist and false news.
    05-28-17 11:32 PM
    So when someone posts "KeyONE, the best and fastest phone in the world(I've ever used)". Is it the absolute right evaluation of that phone?
    The only thing good about the KeyONE is it's keyboard and battery, maybe also it's unique standout design. Other than that, nothing, nothing at all. It's just another overpriced phone for normal consumers. If they want a device with a keyboard, this is their only choice, so they don't mind shelling out that much money. But for others, it's just an ordinary or below par device!
    There will be something wrong with some batch of the phones or some individual devices, it doesn't mean they are purposefully occurring so as to degrade the BlackBerry brand value, which is non existent! Who benefits from degrading it? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) and mrluky60 like this.
    05-28-17 11:54 PM
    No product is 100% free of defects. Posting each other's experiences is not being an alarmist.
    05-28-17 11:57 PM
    It makes more sense to report issues than people saying "I have no problems". I don't need reassurance about how my device is statistically likely to be fine. I need to know about potential or active issues, no matter how bizarre they may be. I very much appreciate people posting about their issues. I can't say the same for those that like to jump in with "everything's fine for me".
    05-28-17 11:59 PM
    Oh there will be more as NA gets their hands on it. hope not to get bashed here but aside from quality of materials and Bb design, its still made by an ok manufacturer thats not really known aside from pay as you go phones in NA.

So you think he photoshopped the images?
    05-29-17 12:07 AM
    Insync, alarmist statements and spreading false news is human nature. World history.

Are you just on Earth for holiday or staying long term?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-29-17 12:07 AM
    I get what OP is saying. Just important everyone realizes that as issues are reported there will the vast majority that are flawless (hopefully). For example, everyone went nuts about the Switch dock scratching the screen and there were only a handful of cases.
    guizmox likes this.
    05-29-17 12:21 AM
    What is alarmist or false about them?
    I regularly read alarmist post titles that are not backed up by the content of the post.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-29-17 12:32 AM
    The only thing good about the KeyONE is it's keyboard and battery, maybe also it's unique standout design. Other than that, nothing, nothing at all. It's just another overpriced phone for normal consumers. If they want a device with a keyboard, this is their only choice, so they don't mind shelling out that much money. But for others, it's just an ordinary or below par device!
    Posted via CB10
    I wanted to say this, but lately Im scared to voice my opinion. Haha.

Agreed...Aside from cosmetics/keyboard its on par with $250-$300 devices on the market if even. And that will reflect quality.
    dejanh and mrluky60 like this.
    05-29-17 12:32 AM
    I regularly read alarmist post titles that are not backed up by the content of the post.
    I see it in the news, hear it from public officials, read it in history books
    05-29-17 02:20 AM
    So when someone posts "KeyONE, the best and fastest phone in the world(I've ever used)". Is it the absolute right evaluation of that phone?
    There will be something wrong with some batch of the phones or some individual devices, it doesn't mean they are purposefully occurring so as to degrade the BlackBerry brand value, which is non existent! Who benefits from degrading it? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    In the UK CPW is the biggest cellphone retailer. On their web site more K1 customers have posted positive reviews than for the Samsung S8! The reason is that every survey of consumers has said that battery life is their main priority for what they want from a smartphone. Also the PKB is not just a feature, it is about productivity and the K1 is packed with hardware and software productivity features.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-29-17 02:27 AM
    So only good news about the K1 is real news? Gotcha.
    nappalonia likes this.
    05-29-17 03:37 AM
    I see it in the news, hear it from public officials, read it in history books
    I am surprised nobody has blamed Russia. LMAO
    PantherBlitz and Tim-ANC like this.
    05-29-17 04:20 AM
    So only good news about the K1 is real news? Gotcha.
    No. I am saying the main volume of initial customers were in the UK and I am surprised by the lack of any negative comments from people who are verified customers.
    05-29-17 04:25 AM
    No. I am saying the main volume of initial customers were in the UK and I am surprised by the lack of any negative comments from people who are verified customers.
    I'm not disputing those reviews. What I, and others have raised objections to is the dismissal of posts about flaws in the K1 as "fake news," as if there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with it.
    05-29-17 04:37 AM
    I'm not disputing those reviews. What I, and others have raised objections to is the dismissal of posts about flaws in the K1 as "fake news," as if there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with it.
    There are more K1s at the moment in the UK and Germany. I think we need to balance the speculation and extrapolation here with the massive number of customers reviews already available. I can't believe the number of posts here about problems and none mentioned by UK customer reviews.
    05-29-17 04:49 AM
    There are more K1s at the moment in the UK and Germany. I think we need to balance the speculation and extrapolation here with the massive number of customers reviews already available. I can't believe the number of posts here about problems and none mentioned by UK customer reviews.
    The fact that you can't believe that people are having problems with the K1 doesn't mean that people aren't having problems.
    05-29-17 05:29 AM
    I'm alarmed at the title of this thread! Who would ever spread fake news around cb.
    Insync likes this.
    05-29-17 05:36 AM
76 123 ...