Hi all,

New to thread. Sorry if the answer can be found somewhere else. Due to personal circumstances, I'm in a bit of of rush so I'll just post it and move on with it. Bought the KEYone a year ago. I remember hearing about all the issues with the screen popping out but mine was fine.

Today I dropped it and it finally popped out. Contacted Blackberry and they told me to mail it in for repairs (to TCL Repair Center in Woodridge IL). Also, my phone recently passed the one year warranty.

Does anyone know how long the repair process will take and how much it will likely cost? I reaaaaaaaaly need to have a phone by the end of this month.
    07-04-18 07:23 PM
    Hi all,

New to thread. Sorry if the answer can be found somewhere else. Due to personal circumstances, I'm in a bit of of rush so I'll just post it and move on with it. Bought the KEYone a year ago. I remember hearing about all the issues with the screen popping out but mine was fine.

Today I dropped it and it finally popped out. Contacted Blackberry and they told me to mail it in for repairs (to TCL Repair Center in Woodridge IL). Also, my phone recently passed the one year warranty.

Does anyone know how long the repair process will take and how much it will likely cost? I reaaaaaaaaly need to have a phone by the end of this month.
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sorry your first visit is for the screen pop problem.

Reports have indicated that they will still fix it under warranty since it is a known defect. You might contact them again and see if they will do an advanced exchange. Sometimes they do. They send another unit and you return the bad one. They do need a credit card to assure you return the bad unit.

If I may ask, did the cable tear or did the screen just come loose? If the cable in intact, tape it and you can hit a cell repair shop and they could probably fix it for not a lot of money.

As far as timing - mixed reports of quick and tardy service.

Good luck.
    uptheirons1992 likes this.
    07-04-18 07:58 PM
    Thanks for the very quick reply. I'll try to contact them again and raise the known defect issue. The screen just came loose and hang out. I think the cables are fine. Was thinking about going to a cell repair shop since I imagine they can glue/tape/whatever the screen back
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-18 08:02 PM
    Hi all,

Mine did the same thing, a week out of warranty.

While the TCL support reps have been nothing short of superb, and TCL did in fact fix it, it took them a month to get one back to me (not sure yet if it's my old one or a refurb). And I never got any offer of an advance exchange, which I would have taken.

After I shipped it back to them, I got continual emails every time the tracking status changed. But BBM's status emails stopped at "on truck for delivery" and I got nothing else. After two weeks I finally called, and got some story that I didn't understand. But he promised to "escalate" it. That was on a Saturday. It got escalated on Monday, and Tuesday I got a new status email that said "delivered"--which meant, after 3 weeks, it got delivered to the repair facility in Canada.

They turned it around in a day and I had it back in my hands that Friday. I don't know why it sat for two weeks, but it did.

Anyway, the whole thing took a month--from the screen popping off on a Saturday morning, to my calling BBM tech support that afternoon and getting a shipping label, to my dropping it off at FedEx on Sunday, to FedEx shipping it out Monday night, to my finally getting one back in my hands.

But all this happened in the middle of Costco selling the Galaxy S9+ for $648 all up all in, after taxes and everything. When the K1 screen popped off while I was driving down the highway, I simply drove straight to Costco and took them up on that deal. I knew the K2 was going to be $650, and I figured why not try the Galaxy. The K1 had been a crappy phone for me for a year, so I took Costco up on their 2 week return deal so I could see what all the bother was about on the S9+.

I did not return the S9+. I also did not buy a BB K2 like I planned on. Such is life.
    07-04-18 11:22 PM
    If it helps, see the following thread, our experience with the replacement process:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...great-1140166/

Good luck!
    07-04-18 11:58 PM
    Hi all,

Did you buy this KeyOne in July? Or before that?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-18 12:32 PM
    I bought it in May. Just took the phone to a couple repair shops. Two didn't dare touch it cause KEYone was unfamiliar to them haha. Eventually found one and dude used adhesive method and everything is good now. Thank ya'll for the responses
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-18 02:19 PM
    ah! nothing like a dude with adhesive to fix a Keyone! Glad it all worked out!
    the_boon likes this.
    07-05-18 05:24 PM