This is a rather annoying notification. After every in-comming or out-going call I get a sound an notification at the bottom of my call log saying "Say why you called".

I looked and cannot find where to turn this off.
    Last edited by rango10; 08-19-18 at 11:19 AM.
    08-16-18 03:01 PM
    Looks like it's part of the phone app, try True Phone. I like it the best so far.
    08-16-18 03:08 PM
    I appreciate the app referral but I really want to just stop this nonsense notification that is happening in the stock app
    08-16-18 04:18 PM
    That notification should only show up for disconnected calls. Then you can generate a text. Does this show only in the call history screen?
    08-16-18 07:20 PM
    It shows up every time I disconnect a phone call. It is by far the most annoying thing. I made about 60 phone calls today and hearing that notification tone and getting the message prompt was frustrating. how do I disable it?
    08-16-18 10:31 PM
    *Replies to stay updated on this*
    08-16-18 10:52 PM
    It shows up every time I disconnect a phone call. It is by far the most annoying thing. I made about 60 phone calls today and hearing that notification tone and getting the message prompt was frustrating. how do I disable it?
    Interesting since that's part of the Google Phone app, which the BB phone app is based on. It was rumored as coming long ago, but there's ZERO mention of how to disable it and you can't even use the original Google Phone App to see if the settings are there/changed in it. It won't install on KEYone. - https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...down-download/ It's like you, somehow, stumbled into a feature that works on the original Google Phone App but isn't fully implemented on the BlackBerry Android phone app.
    08-16-18 10:55 PM
    I absolutely dislike this feature. After every phone call it moves the screen slightly so that the dialer button moves slightly. Then after about two seconds it goes away moving the screen back to the original position.

This is one feature I really need to get rid of.

Any thoughts to get it out of my phone!?!
    08-16-18 11:43 PM
    I absolutely dislike this feature. After every phone call it moves the screen slightly so that the dialer button moves slightly. Then after about two seconds it goes away moving the screen back to the original position.

This is one feature I really need to get rid of.

Any thoughts to get it out of my phone!?!
    Likely in a future update.
    08-17-18 11:03 AM
    does this not come under notifications???
    08-17-18 11:18 AM
    I just noticed this today when I got disconnected. I think it's a neat feature!
    08-18-18 01:30 PM
    I think it's a fair comment tbh if their is something we don't like or agree with and it's also an attempt to find a work around . I also personally hate it on my other phone it's annoying, sometimes saying nothing when u have nothing helpful to say is better imo
    rango10 and 7christopherr like this.
    08-18-18 02:00 PM
    The feature has potential but when you're constantly making call after call and the screen jumps around and you either have to wait or beat it from going normal and makes a notification sound like you just got a message, its annoying!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-18-18 06:24 PM
    I just noticed this today when I got disconnected. I think it's a neat feature!
    Might be neat but there should be an option to turn it off. It's not nice to force ones version of neat onto other people...

Now someone will write a $3 application that turns the feature off... Sucks how Android nickel and dimes you.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-18-18 09:56 PM
    Might be neat but there should be an option to turn it off. It's not nice to force ones version of neat onto other people...

Now someone will write a $3 application that turns the feature off... Sucks how Android nickel and dimes you.
    You could always write the application yourself, and even publish it to the play store for free. :P
    08-19-18 02:43 AM
    I've got the same 'problem" :/
    Oh and OP, I think you should hide your phone number :P
    rango10 likes this.
    08-19-18 04:31 AM
    You could always write the application yourself, and even publish it to the play store for free. :P
    Heck man, I can't even write my name but I get your point.

My problem with Android is that they create the market for applications by omitting features and options that should be standard or customizable out of the box. How do you add a features some find annoying like this without the option of turning it off?

It's like a fireman lighting houses on fire then charging the owners to put it out. It's one thing to have need but another to create it...
    rolfep likes this.
    08-19-18 11:56 PM
    Heck man, I can't even write my name but I get your point.

My problem with Android is that they create the market for applications by omitting features and options that should be standard or customizable out of the box. How do you add a features some find annoying like this without the option of turning it off?

It's like a fireman lighting houses on fire then charging the owners to put it out. It's one thing to have need but another to create it...
    I wouldn't say they've omitted features. As it stands, Android on its own functions very well as a smartphone OS. The issue outlined in this thread isn't an Android issue. It's a BlackBerry issue. I have never seen this popup before, and I've been using 8.0 on my LG G6 for the past few months. To be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of this popup until now.
    08-20-18 10:19 AM