I just looked at the library and it's too long to screen shot and slot of the apps were never installed on this phone.

I hate to deal with it, but I guess I will have to wipe it when I get the time.

Ad started playing the other night when I was sleeping, full audio even tho I had it on privacy ( which makes sense, since privacy doesn't prevent audio playing, but it is obtrusive)
    Yes but whipping and signing in with your google account will download all your apps again. You are better off finding the culprit app. Do you have any unusual apps? Any cache cleaners or antivirus? An app called photo share maybe?
    11-29-17 06:41 PM
    in another thread a CBer chased down that ShareIt recently updated and added a bogus lockscreen feature to the app on there phone. Something similar is happening to you.
    11-29-17 07:05 PM
    Incredibly ridiculous. This is why I choose iOS.
    I wish bb10 was still a thing. Or even windows mobile.
    This google situation is completely out of control. Newest information suggests google services were tracking users locations even when they turned that option off in the settings. I absolutely love the Keyone. But when I got mine I immediately turned off or uninstalled every single google related service except update delivery.

Brutally invasive.
    11-29-17 07:40 PM
    Incredibly ridiculous. This is why I choose iOS.
    I wish bb10 was still a thing. Or even windows mobile.
    This google situation is completely out of control. Newest information suggests google services were tracking users locations even when they turned that option off in the settings. I absolutely love the Keyone. But when I got mine I immediately turned off or uninstalled every single google related service except update delivery.

Brutally invasive.
    I've never had one single ad on android. It comes down to users not downloading garbage on their device. Could happen on any phone actually. iOS has had its share of malware and what not as well. The user is the first line of defence. A couple of minutes to read up on some random app you feel like downloading is enough to find out if it's crap.
    11-29-17 08:17 PM
    Google is finally putting its foot down and is prohibiting ads on the lockscreen. So hopefully this will be come less of an issue.

https://play.google.com/about/moneti...ds/lockscreen/

Lockscreen Monetization

Unless the exclusive purpose of the app is that of a lockscreen, apps may not introduce ads or features that monetize the locked display of a device.
    11-30-17 12:49 PM
    try removing all the apps in recents before you go to bed or the other time periods when the intrusive ad pops up: look at your recents again and see if an app appears. Investigate that app or delete it.

Last year alot of people had problem with 'GO' apps. GoSMS , Go Launcher, Go Keyboard. Es File Explorer (free version) and other apps by Cheetah like Clean Master also had ad issues .

Anything that purports to 'boost' or 'extend' anything is also a culprit.
    Could you please point me towards "recents"
    11-30-17 01:11 PM
    OP, what apps do you have?

Only time ads pop-up for me, is when im in the app and using it (ie any games) if the app is closed, NOTHING pops up.
    In my time of using android (on/off since the S3/ BB Q10 release) i've never had an ad just pop-up randomly.
    11-30-17 03:00 PM
32 12