Is it possible to have an adoptable storage for the keyone as well ? My key1 still in delivery, probably will have to wait tomorrow. Planning to buy the memory card.
    05-27-17 02:13 AM
    Is it possible to have an adoptable storage for the keyone as well ? My key1 still in delivery, probably will have to wait tomorrow. Planning to buy the memory card.
    It's Android so yes.
    05-27-17 02:50 AM
    It works but people have reported issues with Unexpected Removal of SD card issue when using one.

BlackBerry has acknowledged the issue and will fix it in next update hopefully. I have also read that SD card usage, perhaps as adaptive storage, is causing slowdowns.
    05-27-17 09:06 AM
    I've had no issues with only 16GB of internal memory on my DTEK50. I don't use adoptable storage, but I do store app data and documents on my SD card.

I also have the option of removing my SD card at any time, something you can't do with adoptable storage.
    05-27-17 10:45 AM
    It's Android so yes.
    It really is a reasonable question to ask. It's not uncommon for Android devices makers to disable adoptable storage.
    05-27-17 10:49 AM
    I've had no issues with only 16GB of internal memory on my DTEK50. I don't use adoptable storage, but I do store app data and documents on my SD card.

I also have the option of removing my SD card at any time, something you can't do with adoptable storage.
    the only problem is you could'nt encrypt the memory card if you set it up as portable storage..
    05-27-17 10:51 AM
    the only problem is you could'nt encrypt the memory card if you set it up as portable storage..
    If it's anything like older BB Android devices you couldn't encrypt it anyway.
    05-27-17 10:55 AM
    If it's anything like older BB Android devices you couldn't encrypt it anyway.
    That's not true. Setting as adopted storage on any BlackBerry Android (possibly all Android) devices encrypts the SD card.
    05-27-17 12:05 PM
    That's not true. Setting as adopted storage on any BlackBerry Android (possibly all Android) devices encrypts the SD card.
    Is it actually encrypted or just unreadable since it's formatted in ext4? "Encrypted SD card" as it is on other devices preserves the internal/SD separation.
    05-27-17 12:09 PM
    Is it actually encrypted or just unreadable since it's formatted in ext4? "Encrypted SD card" as it is on other devices preserves the internal/SD separation.
    Copied from Android Central (http://m.androidcentral.com/adoptable-storage):

"If you choose Internal, things change. The device is formatted as a local, 128-bit AES encrypted EXT4 drive and mounted as part of the system every time you start your phone."
    Note the AES part.
    Also from the article:
    "Most high-end Android phones don't support Adoptable storage"
    05-27-17 12:15 PM
    Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone used this adoptable storage I'm sure there are those who have. My real concern is does it affect the overall performance of the phone ? Does it slow it down at all ?
    Last edited by Al moon; 10-05-17 at 12:05 PM.
    10-05-17 11:20 AM
    Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone used this adoptable storage I'm sure there are those who have. My real concern is does it affect the overall performance of the phone ? Does it slow it down at all ?
    I believe some have reported that it can slow the phone down but it may depend on the speed of the card. But you also lose the flexibility of moving the card to a computer or another device. Are you that short of app memory or do you want your data encrypted?
    10-05-17 04:54 PM
    I believe some have reported that it can slow the phone down but it may depend on the speed of the card. But you also lose the flexibility of moving the card to a computer or another device. Are you that short of app memory or do you want your data encrypted?
    At the moment I still have some memory on the phone I was just being curious and wanted to know how the performance would be like.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-05-17 05:58 PM