Yeah and the Priv got like 2 million views on You Tube...that phone sold very welll!
    Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-16-17 08:25 PM
    Yeah and the Priv got like 2 million views on You Tube...that phone sold very welll!
    And I still know no soul that has heard of the Priv. And I have never seen one in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-16-17 08:30 PM
    Same tired line. There are millions of views of K1 videos on YouTube and I'm sure millions of hits on the Web articles, but people keep trotting out this excuse.
    And all those reviews tell people NA availability end of May. Outside CrackBerry, I doubt there's much hoopla about the "disastrous launch".

TCL isn't a new kid on the block. They recognize the importance of carrier support, and announcements will come as soon as they can. Till then, if it makes you feel better to shake your fist at the sky, have at it.
    05-16-17 10:49 PM
    That's about as comforting as "we are committed to BB10".

TCL has to repair the brand and build up confidence that this new BlackBerry isn't going to be like the last three (BlackBerry's own attempt at Android - EOL, BB10 - EOL, and BBOS - EOL). Enterprise doesn't want products with short life spans.
    Blackberry Android EOL .... really? TCL isn't doing the Android OS (or the bundled apps). Blackberry does. The shift is to be a software company and the OS is software. That hasn't ended.

The Blackberry Hub+ services ... sold by Blackberry Limited; not Blackberry Moible.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infrastructure

More like it is more similar to their QNX software product. System vendors license it and add it to their hardware. What BlackBerry Inc is not doing is the hardware.

But if the other two devices later this year don't make it on AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. Because Enterprise still get big discounts and subsidies on hardware bought through a Carrier
    While Enterprise sales will be a factor, Enterprise by itself is highly unlikely to support enough volume for three different phones. Two phones maybe, but three seems unlikely. All three phones don't have to fit through the "large scale Enterprise' path. ( I'm not looping smaller businesses into "Enterprise". )
    05-16-17 11:57 PM
    And all those reviews tell people NA availability end of May. Outside CrackBerry, I doubt there's much hoopla about the "disastrous launch".

TCL isn't a new kid on the block. They recognize the importance of carrier support, and announcements will come as soon as they can. Till then, if it makes you feel better to shake your fist at the sky, have at it.
    I can understand why you're so impressed with TCL after they gave you a free trip to Barcelona. The rest of us are not impressed.
    05-16-17 11:59 PM
    The rest of us are not impressed.
    Unhappy people always like to claim other people feel the same way. Claiming that the rest of the world feels the same way you do is a weak rhetorical technique.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-17-17 04:07 AM
    I can understand why you're so impressed with TCL after they gave you a free trip to Barcelona. The rest of us are not impressed.
    Nice jab, but if you're going to quote someone, how about responding to the quote. All you did was provide insult via innuendo.

Unhappy people always like to claim other people feel the same way. Claiming that the rest of the world feels the same way you do is a weak rhetorical technique.
    Exactly!
    05-17-17 06:58 AM
    And I still know no soul that has heard of the Priv. And I have never seen one in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Phones are something people need to touch and feel. So obvious... anyone who doesn't understand that is hugely naive.
    05-17-17 07:15 AM
    Same
    05-17-17 07:19 AM
    Not impressed either. I'm a pretty average guy.
    05-17-17 07:22 AM
    That's exactly where I am. I'm due for an upgrade and I want to get rid of my iPhone. If there was reliable information coming out for the release of the Keyone in the US I'd wait. Actually I am waiting until the end of may. If there isn't solid info about carriers and distribution of the Keyone by the end of May I'm going with the LG V20 or Kyocera Duraforce Pro. Though I would like to try the Keyone I can easily run with my other two options without looking back.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    05-17-17 07:32 AM
    Blackberry Android EOL .... really? TCL isn't doing the Android OS (or the bundled apps). Blackberry does. The shift is to be a software company and the OS is software. That hasn't ended.
    The by BlackBerry Android PHONES are EOL (PRIV & DTEKS), not even sure they will get Nougat.

As for the Android OS... pretty sure that is a Google property and BlackBerry has not rights to license it... they might license as process of securing it that could be used by TCL. Which is what I expect they are doing..... Suite of Apps along with a process and the name are the licensed items. But the actual Android software... I expect that is on TCL to handle licensing that from Google, providing their own hardware drivers and pushing those out.

While Enterprise sales will be a factor, Enterprise by itself is highly unlikely to support enough volume for three different phones. Two phones maybe, but three seems unlikely. All three phones don't have to fit through the "large scale Enterprise' path. ( I'm not looping smaller businesses into "Enterprise". )
    Back in January, TCL clearly stated that BlackBerry brand would be used for Enterprise customers, and that Alcatel was the brand they would market to consumers. Doesn't mean they won't sell to consumers, just that they probably understand most consumers aren't going to pay the premium these phones cost. As for devices, we only know there will be three new DEVICES, those may not all be phones.

But no, we don't know if Enterprise will be a factor or not.... been a number of bridges left burn in BlackBerry's wake. And way too little information coming from BlackBerry Mobile for Enterprise to even be considering them as a real option yet.
    05-17-17 07:33 AM
    Nice jab, but if you're going to quote someone, how about responding to the quote. All you did was provide insult via innuendo.

Exactly!
    In what way was that insulting? You got a free trip (fact) and I said I understand why you would be sympathetic to them because of that (fact that I understand).
    05-17-17 10:58 AM
    Same tired line. There are millions of views of K1 videos on YouTube and I'm sure millions of hits on the Web articles, but people keep trotting out this excuse.
    Most YouTube videos about the KEYone have thousands of views, not millions.

More importantly, they generally weren't uploaded until late April or early May, and there is NO information in them about an earlier launch date.

So it's just silly to imply that millions of people who are interested in buying this phone are disappointed or confused by the launch date. To the average consumer, the launch looks like a "normal" release for any phone not made by Apple or Samsung.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 05-17-17 at 01:13 PM.
    Bfalcon1 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    05-17-17 12:27 PM
    In what way was that insulting? You got a free trip (fact) and I said I understand why you would be sympathetic to them because of that (fact that I understand).
    He's not sympathetic, he's not been blinded by the Crackberry filter. TCL has been moving electronics for 30+ years, stands to reason they might actually know what they're doing. Your comments are merely assumptions based on Blackberry's history.
    BigBadWulf and T1n0 like this.
    05-17-17 01:03 PM
    Exactly!

Phones are something people need to touch and feel. So obvious... anyone who doesn't understand that is hugely naive.
    Solution would be??
    05-17-17 01:09 PM
    He's not sympathetic, he's not been blinded by the Crackberry filter. TCL has been moving electronics for 30+ years, stands to reason they might actually know what they're doing. Your comments are merely assumptions based on Blackberry's history.
    What part of this launch has been handled in a way fundamentally different than how BlackBerry has done things?
    05-17-17 01:47 PM
    What part of this launch has been handled in a way fundamentally different than how BlackBerry has done things?
    What part of my quote was praising the handling of the launch? Again I'll say...
    quit the jabs, and respond to what is actually posted.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-17-17 03:01 PM
    I guess tomorrow's the big day. We'll see if Canada Keyone's go on pre-sale and if there is any news on the US pre-sale and release. Hopefully it won't be a bunch of cricket chirping.
    Bfalcon1 likes this.
    05-17-17 05:10 PM
    I guess tomorrow's the big day. We'll see if Canada Keyone's go on pre-sale and if there is any news on the US pre-sale and release. Hopefully it won't be a bunch of cricket chirping.
    +1

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 05:27 PM
    Really.... That seems like bad timing. When the iPhone 7s/8 launch in mid-Sept-early Oct. Apple is going to cut the price of the then "old' iPhone 7 down $50-100. That's going to put it really near the KeyOne's $549. Samsung is going to undercut that new iPhone 7 price with more cuts to the S7. Those two are going to be having a price war right around the KeyOne's price point.

The second problem have is that the Qualcomm 630 phones are coming.....
    "... The Snapdragon 660 is available to partners now and should appear in devices during the second quarter, while the Snapdragon 630 will become available at the end of May and is expected to appear in devices during the third quarter. ..."
    Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 660 & 630 Mobile Platforms: Better Connectivity, Camera, & Compute at 14nm

3rd quarter is the "end of Summer". So phones just under the KeyOne price point with equally as long battery life are gong to be next generation.

Waiting until "end of Summer" to really get going is waiting until there is a much more competitive environment. They my want to sell them alongside iPhone 7 , S7 , and late summer SD630's , but that is not necessarily an attempt to maximize KeyOne sales.

I think most carriers don't want to be in a bidding war over the KeyOne limited supply and that is more so driving later in the Summer. Waiting to see so can buy 'just enough' instead of paying too much for too many.
    Majority of cell phone users will have no idea what you are talking about other than year old phone prices have been reduced.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 05:30 PM
    If there's a market for the K1 form factor, it will sell. If there isn't, it won't. The issues with the rollout are tactical, not strategic, and won't make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful product.

Way to much common sense for some on this board.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 05:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 05:32 PM
    Most YouTube videos about the KEYone have thousands of views, not millions.

More importantly, they generally weren't uploaded until late April or early May, and there is NO information in them about an earlier launch date.

So it's just silly to imply that millions of people who are interested in buying this phone are disappointed or confused by the launch date. To the average consumer, the launch looks like a "normal" release for any phone not made by Apple or Samsung.

Agree 100%. The reality is 98% of the market doesn't know KEYone exists and probably won't know it exists because it's not a slab.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-17 05:37 PM
    I hope T-Mobile gets a carrier version so I can JoD
    Same here. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. They just dumped HTC so they are only carrying samsung and LG and some sub $200 budget line for android. I think they are pretty scarred from the priv not selling well and are trying to focus on just the top few manufacturers.
    05-17-17 05:51 PM
66 123