Hi all. I'm trying to add a custom ringtone (downloaded song) to one of my email contacts on my new Keyone. I was able to do this with all my other BlackBerry's and am finding it very frustrating that I can't set a ringtone.
    I know I'm suppose to add a custom rule in the custom alerts to add an individual tone for an email contact but I'm not able to access my ringtones.
    Please can someone help me out.
    09-24-17 12:32 AM
    Hi all. I'm trying to add a custom ringtone (downloaded song) to one of my email contacts on my new Keyone. I was able to do this with all my other BlackBerry's and am finding it very frustrating that I can't set a ringtone.
    I know I'm suppose to add a custom rule in the custom alerts to add an individual tone for an email contact but I'm not able to access my ringtones.
    Please can someone help me out.
    This might shed some light

https://cellphoneforums.net/rim-blac...#axzz4tZWkpQGi
    09-24-17 12:42 AM
    Thank you feno.
    I've changed the ringtone for that specific contact but the emails are still coming through with the email notification tone. Not sure what else to try.
    09-24-17 12:53 AM
    Go to Hub, Settings. choose email account you want set custom ringtone. scroll down and you will find it.
    09-24-17 01:14 AM
    Question...does your downloaded ring tone appear in the list of ring tones available? I believe you're saying it's not there.
    09-24-17 07:12 AM
    I am joining this conversation because I hope there is resolution. On my previous bb's I could customize "ringtones" for a person for text, a different one for email...another for their calls. I could also pull a tone from either downloaded songs stored on the device or media card. I would love to be able to do that on my new Keyone
    09-25-17 01:16 PM
    I am joining this conversation because I hope there is resolution. On my previous bb's I could customize "ringtones" for a person for text, a different one for email...another for their calls. I could also pull a tone from either downloaded songs stored on the device or media card. I would love to be able to do that on my new Keyone
    The short answer is no...my respnse is based on using BlackBerry Launcher....other launchers may have different functionality....or someone else may have a better answer. Anyway, with the Z30 I have the option of pulling up a contact and set different notifications for email, phone, text etc like you stated....all from one screen...with the Keyone you cannot do that...you must set up notifications individually within the application ....for text and phone. For email notifications, you can create "rules" within the Hub and your email profile for a contact and assign a notification (ringtone).
    I've learned there are three files that hold notifications /ringtones....you must use a "file manager " to combine them into one folder OR use the file manager to point to the different files (folders) holding your ringtones.
    I hope this helps rather than confuse you.

Posted using Z30 on CB
    09-25-17 07:09 PM
    No. Only the ringtones that came with the phone
    10-01-17 01:56 PM
    I was able to find a way to add a custom ringtone on the Keyone.
    Download a file manager from Google Play and it will automatically come up when creating a rule for an email contact.
    I want to thank everyone who took the time to try and help me with this. It was much appreciated.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 02:10 PM
    No. Only the ringtones that came with the phone
    You can use custom ringtones (other than those that came with the phone) but B1aze pointed out they should be in internal memory and not rely on sd car. I moved them to internal storage and they work reliably.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 02:39 PM
    Yes, I assign custom call ringtones for my dad using the Blackberry Contacts app in edit, then the three dots in the upper right. Make sure all tones are on the internal memory.

I don't have notifications for email so i'm not aware of that. For text, that would be handled by your texting app. Textra is good for that.
    10-02-17 03:29 AM
    Hi folks - this has been driving me nuts since getting the KeyOne last year... Yesterday the penny dropped!. I noticed that the facebook-pop sound, was the only one sitting in the notifications folder and when trying to change notifications you can see all the built in ones PLUS the facebook-pop.
    So I tried moving one of my own sounds into the folder - guess what - doesn't show in the pull down list of available sounds (as expected). I noticed the facebook sound is M4A. So I tried changing the file format of my sound to M4A - after which it then showed up in the list of available sounds!.
    So, for RINGTONES - can be any useable format but MUST be placed in the device Ringtone Folder.
    for NOTIFICATIONS - (for me at least), MUST be M4A and in the device Notification Folder.
    if they're on the SD card they do work, but tend to get switched back to default after a short while.
    Works for me, hope this helps ;-)
    09-02-18 02:29 AM
    A little extra info regarding my last post.....

Yes I now have custom Email (for each account), Text, Ringtone, FB, Linkedin, Messenger etc.
    The only one I haven't nailed down yet is a custom text tone for certain contacts (normally my wife gets one so I know to ignore it.. ;-) )
    09-02-18 02:32 AM