Why oh why is adaptive brightness feature so miserable when it's in use. It seems to guarantee that the brightness of the screen is never correct for the environment in which the phone is used. Either it's too dark or it's too late it's never correct. Why is this thing so bad?
    08-15-17 11:54 PM
    Why oh why is adaptive brightness feature so miserable when it's in use. It seems to guarantee that the brightness of the screen is never correct for the environment in which the phone is used. Either it's too dark or it's too late it's never correct. Why is this thing so bad?
    While I don't have a KeyOne and I heard it works worse than on a Priv, it's not a true (auto) brightness.

It works with the setting that you have for the screen on the slider. It gives you a window in which it will adjust to.

Works great on the Priv. I have heard the KeyOne has had a lot of issues with it though.
    08-16-17 12:58 AM
    Thats strange as I have used adaptive brightness continuously since I bought my K1 a month ago. I have found it better than any other previous phone and always set at an ideal level. More particularly it's way better for visibility outdoors than my previous S6. I just leave the brightness slider on max. OK possibly a bit bright in a darkened room but I can live with that as the screen is so clear.
    08-16-17 01:03 AM
    I have adaptive brightness on in a pitch black room and believe it's spot on. Not too bright at all that I would have to squint.
    08-16-17 04:50 AM
    I agree with original poster. Most of the time, the adaptive brightness does not work on my keyone and I end up manually adjusting it. This is an issue we need to send feedback to Blackberry via the support center feedback option in your phone.
    08-16-17 03:15 PM
    Thats strange as I have used adaptive brightness continuously since I bought my K1 a month ago. I have found it better than any other previous phone and always set at an ideal level. More particularly it's way better for visibility outdoors than my previous S6. I just leave the brightness slider on max. OK possibly a bit bright in a darkened room but I can live with that as the screen is so clear.
    Agreed
    08-16-17 04:02 PM
    I find it quite effective. Only thing I can suggest for you is to play with the brightness setting to alter the levels to your liking. Suggest you also purchase an expensive professional grade light meter to measure and confirm your ideal light levels in lumens being emanated from your device.
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-16-17 04:06 PM
    I find it quite effective. Only thing I can suggest for you is to play with the brightness setting to alter the levels to your liking. Suggest you also purchase an expensive professional grade light meter to measure and confirm your ideal light levels in lumens being emanated from your device.
    Yeah, let's all run right out and buy one of those. Much much easier to spend more money than to just slide that brightness bar to whatever works best for you.
    08-16-17 06:20 PM