I had to get a new SIM as well (had a Q10) which I think is why HD calling didn't work right away.
    I was able to implement HD calling (voice only) but still can't do WiFi Calling.

VZW even gave me a cell "Extender" for the house because my reception is so weak at my house and it'd been easier/cheaper for them to just allow WiFi calling on my BYOD.
    07-01-18 08:34 AM
    Question: With my current nano SIM, I cannot get WiFi Calling because it's a BYOD.

If I take my old micro SIM out of my Z30 (service provider phone) and cut it down to nano size, would I then pass for my service provider's phone and I could get wifi calling?
    07-02-18 07:02 PM
    Question: With my current nano SIM, I cannot get WiFi Calling because it's a BYOD.

If I take my old micro SIM out of my Z30 (service provider phone) and cut it down to nano size, would I then pass for my service provider's phone and I could get wifi calling?
    Not a chance bud. I used my Z Force SIM and it meant nothing.
    07-02-18 08:26 PM

Theoretically you can cut them but it isn't fullproof. Check threads.
    07-02-18 08:27 PM

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help since standard protocol for those in the know is to activate a new SIM in a VZW-branded phone (I used my Priv) and then move it into the KEYone -- that's known to be the ideal way to get all possible VZW services to work properly, and it's known that WiFi calling is the one thing that that procedure simply won't make usable.

I'm pretty sure there is no way to get WiFi calling to work on the KEYone on VZW, period.
    C_McD likes this.
    07-02-18 08:32 PM
    Activate advanced calling - Verizon Wireless, what you need to know and do-screenshot_20181004-192956.jpg so I busted out my keyone dual sim to see what's new in oreo and surprise I have hot spot functionality on verizon that's new. What exactly will trigger carrier provisioning do for me? Ultimately trying to get advanced calling to work for oreo keyone on verizon. Luck anybody?
    10-04-18 07:20 PM
    What is a dual SIM?

And why is hotspot functionality on Verizon new? I have always had that in Android 7 with my KEYone.
    10-04-18 08:33 PM
    What is a dual SIM?

And why is hotspot functionality on Verizon new? I have always had that in Android 7 with my KEYone.
    Dual sim= two sim cards in same device
    10-04-18 08:46 PM
    Dual sim= two sim cards in same device
    What I meant was "How does that relate to the K1?"

AFAIK, my KEYone only has space for one SIM -- so I assume they all only take one SIM.
    Last edited by classact; 10-04-18 at 10:17 PM.
    10-04-18 08:51 PM
    What I meant was "How does that relate to the K1?"

AFAIK, my KEYone only has space for one SIM -- so assume they all only take one SIM.
    I have a dual sim keyone. For over a year now I've tried / others have tried to provision various features on their dual sim keyones which have not been enabled by carriers, such as verizon. My keyone is not available for retail in the US. Rumor has it the key2 le will function on verizon and there is a key2 le slated for release in Canada so I'm hopeful that activating advanced calling on verizon on any phone will soon be more easily achievable.
    10-04-18 09:20 PM
    I have a dual sim keyone. For over a year now I've tried / others have tried to provision various features on their dual sim keyones which have not been enabled by carriers, such as verizon. My keyone is not available for retail in the US. Rumor has it the key2 le will function on verizon and there is a key2 le slated for release in Canada so I'm hopeful that activating advanced calling on verizon on any phone will soon be more easily achievable.
    Thanks. I was unaware that a dual-SIM KEYone existed.

(Yeah, I see now that reports are the Key2 LE will work on Verizon and is coming out within weeks. For me, I'm hoping soon we see the regular Key2 available in the U.S., too.)
    10-04-18 10:16 PM
    Thanks. I was unaware that a dual-SIM KEYone existed.

(Yeah, I see now that reports are the Key2 LE will work on Verizon and is coming out within weeks. For me, I'm hoping soon we see the regular Key2 available in the U.S., too.)
    If I recall the original DUAL sim models were offered in India. Apparently, the dual sim concept is much more popular in other locations.

Now I did not know that they could be used with Verizon cdma service????
    10-05-18 12:14 AM
    If I recall the original DUAL sim models were offered in India. Apparently, the dual sim concept is much more popular in other locations.

Now I did not know that they could be used with Verizon cdma service????
    Still far from usable. I happened to notice that some features now work for me with oreo where as they did not work previously. Still can't get calls or texts.
    10-05-18 06:21 AM
    You can try it but likely nothing noticeable will happen. If something pops up when you hit "carrier provisioning info" it will tell you the last time it received provisioning info from your carrier. If that pop-up works, then trigger carrier provisioning will trigger it to provision again.
    10-05-18 06:30 AM
    You can try it but likely nothing noticeable will happen. If something pops up when you hit "carrier provisioning info" it will tell you the last time it received provisioning info from your carrier. If that pop-up works, then trigger carrier provisioning will trigger it to provision again.
    Thanks. I’m going to hold off. Never had hit spot functionality work.
    10-05-18 06:45 AM
    I've been pondering all day...

Would a bbb100-3 be 100% operational on VZW with the preferred network mode set to LTE-only?

Obviously advanced calling features would need to be enabled first.

Following such enabling, though, could one set their preferred network type to LTE-only and then calls/texts will work over LTE? If not, would a new sim provisioned to the 3GPP standard as necessitated by the KEY2 LE resolve this?

I'm interested to acquire a bbb100-3 if this is possible. Capacitive keyboard is a deal-breaker and thus the key2 le doesn't impress me, but want a device functioning on LTE-only

Also, for folks interested in the key2 le, who have a bbb100-3, setting up their bbb100-3 to do this will be a great test for whether they can survive with a Cdma-less key2 le.

Thanks in advance.
    10-26-18 05:03 PM
    I've been pondering all day...

Would a bbb100-3 be 100% operational on VZW with the preferred network mode set to LTE-only?

Obviously advanced calling features would need to be enabled first.

Following such enabling, though, could one set their preferred network type to LTE-only and then calls/texts will work over LTE? If not, would a new sim provisioned to the 3GPP standard as necessitated by the KEY2 LE resolve this?

I'm interested to acquire a bbb100-3 if this is possible. Capacitive keyboard is a deal-breaker and thus the key2 le doesn't impress me, but want a device functioning on LTE-only

Also, for folks interested in the key2 le, who have a bbb100-3, setting up their bbb100-3 to do this will be a great test for whether they can survive with a Cdma-less key2 le.

Thanks in advance.
    Why not use all bands? I understand the experiment, but why would you specifically want to operate this way?
    10-26-18 07:12 PM
    Why not use all bands? I understand the experiment, but why would you specifically want to operate this way?
    I use an LTE-only carrier for my iPhone and have been impressed to remain on lte while others around me drop down to lower bands. I hate it when I drop down to anything less than lte. Just a preference of mine.
    10-26-18 08:14 PM
    I have advanced calling on my Verizon Key1, HD works, but was never able to get the wifi calling to work. Even when turned on, and used all the workarounds i could find.
    04-02-19 12:29 PM
    Funny you should mention that; I just got a BBB100-3 a few weeks back. I had a Stratosphere 2 (I do like having a keyboard...) which is non-VoLTE. Got a new SIM (old phone does not have a nano-SIM; I considered shaving the microSIM down, but decided with that SIM tray thing that's asking for trouble), put the vital stats into Verizon Wireless web site. HD voices showed up on the line at that end. It appeared to not be working on the phone, advanced calling woudl toggle off. It took several hours for the change from non-VoLTE to VoLTE to percolate through to the switch or whatever, then that worked.

So... I just dialed *#*#46368676#*#* , went to the "Auto LTE/UMTS/CDMA (PRL)" and switched it to "LTE only." It flips over very quickly, Voice status shows "Emergency only" for a couple seconds then it goes to "In service." I power cycled the phone, and it appears to connect to Verizon Wireless, but it then goes back to "no service" then Verizon Wireless (if you go back into the dialing menu, it is back on the "Auto " setting, so it appears to connect "LTE only", then get reset back to default. ) I did notice, though, if you switch to "LTE only" in that menu, then switch back to Auto, the voice type never flicks to 1x, and in apps like "Signal Check like" the 1X radio appears to be totally turned off, I think CDMA/UMTS/GSM radios are kept off until LTE signal gets low enough to look for alternate sources.

Cheers!
    --Henry
    04-07-19 12:10 AM
    I did neglect to mention in the above, I test dialed *86 (voicemail) while on LTE only and that did indeed work.

Cheers!
    --Henry
    04-07-19 02:30 PM
    Yes HD works but no vvm or wifi calling.
    04-07-19 04:09 PM
    Go to settings, advanced calling and click turn on HD voice.
    I know this is a bit old, sorry.

I don't see this menu anywhere. Does this only appear after Verizon provisions the phone for advanced calling?
    09-02-20 11:07 AM
    Oh man trying to remember my KeyOne on VZW... If i recall, if you open your dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* it should open up the menu where you can scroll down to toggle VOLTE provisioned. If that dialer shortcut doesn't work, i think in later versions, try *#*#46368676#*#*

That's the way i recall enabling HD calling on my vzw K1.
    09-03-20 08:13 AM
199 ... 678