Not sure the video part can be activated for an unlocked phone on Verizon.
    03-13-18 12:53 PM
    Not sure the video part can be activated for an unlocked phone on Verizon.
    Much like WiFi calling.
    03-13-18 02:11 PM
    Anyone have issues with mobile hotspot working on their device? I have everything else setup but this. And it’s provisioned correctly on my account.
    06-06-18 07:31 AM
    Are you getting an error? You can try going to settings, apps, click the three dot menu and "show system" . There should be something like "VZW MHS check" . Clear the data of that app and try again.
    06-06-18 07:47 AM
    Are you getting an error? You can try going to settings, apps, click the three dot menu and "show system" . There should be something like "VZW MHS check" . Clear the data of that app and try again.
    I just thought I would follow your steps to see what's what. I don't have that App/System item and I have the "Verizon" KeyOne.
    06-06-18 09:02 AM
    I just thought I would follow your steps to see what's what. I don't have that App/System item and I have the "Verizon" KeyOne.
    Hmm I just looked through mine as well and don't see it anymore. You can try com.qualcomm.qti.tetherservice. There used to be a MHS check but that may be "verizon" certified phones that aren't byod.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-18 09:07 AM
    Try calling VZW tech support. I know it's a BYOD and not a VZW-branded device but it's really not just any ol' BYOD device -- it's the only one or one of the few only ones officially "approved" by VZW to run on their network, so they are in fact very likely going to help with tech support on this as they're able.

I assume you of course already provisioned the SIM properly by activating it on a different device first that is in fact a VZW-branded phone (such as a PRIV or any other Android device that takes the same sized SIM card and is a VZW-branded phone). This step is ultra-crucial for using the KEYone! Then, you turn on Advanced Calling (etc).

Now, when I say go to VZW "tech support," I do not mean their front-line customer service people who double as basic-level tech support and don't know a thing beyond reading an instruction screen. I mean real VZW tech support, which is pretty awesome as a general rule. To reach them, you need to tell the customer-service person who insists they're tech support that you are an advanced tech yourself and you need "level two" or "tier two" "advanced" tech support!

If they tell you that's who they are, tell them you know they're not. Tell them you want to talk to a supervisor of they're not willing to pass you through. If they tell you they need to troubleshoot first, tell them again that you're an advanced tech and will only work with their level-two tech support and that you're a very busy professional and don't have time to waste and need level-two tech support!

If that doesn't work, tell them either they transfer you or you will have to call back and get a tech who will.

Try to be firm but at the same time courteous enough by saying it's no reflection on them and you're sure they're very good but you know for a fact that you require level-two tech support for this.
    06-06-18 04:17 PM
    BTW, it is working fine for me and I have a KEYone on VZW.
    06-06-18 04:18 PM
    Try calling VZW tech support. I know it's a BYOD and not a VZW-branded device but it's really not just any ol' BYOD device -- it's the only one or one of the few only ones officially "approved" by VZW to run on their network, so they are in fact very likely going to help with tech support on this as they're able.

I assume you of course already provisioned the SIM properly by activating it on a different device first that is in fact a VZW-branded phone (such as a PRIV or any other Android device that takes the same sized SIM card and is a VZW-branded phone). This step is ultra-crucial for using the KEYone! Then, you turn on Advanced Calling (etc).

Now, when I say go to VZW "tech support," I do not mean their front-line customer service people who double as basic-level tech support and don't know a thing beyond reading an instruction screen. I mean real VZW tech support, which is pretty awesome as a general rule. To reach them, you need to tell the customer-service person who insists they're tech support that you are an advanced tech yourself and you need "level two" or "tier two" "advanced" tech support!

If they tell you that's who they are, tell them you know they're not. Tell them you want to talk to a supervisor of they're not willing to pass you through. If they tell you they need to troubleshoot first, tell them again that you're an advanced tech and will only work with their level-two tech support and that you're a very busy professional and don't have time to waste and need level-two tech support!

If that doesn't work, tell them either they transfer you or you will have to call back and get a tech who will.

Try to be firm but at the same time courteous enough by saying it's no reflection on them and you're sure they're very good but you know for a fact that you require level-two tech support for this.
    They didn't believe me about putting it in a Verizon phone first when I was in the store. I had to turn on advanced calling manually using the dialer code after they provisioned it.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-07-18 09:49 AM
    They didn't believe me about putting it in a Verizon phone first when I was in the store. I had to turn on advanced calling manually using the dialer code after they provisioned it.
    If the person with this issue (or related issues) allowed uninformed sales people in a store to stand in the way of what you know about the "absolute imperative" of activating the SIM card in a VZW-branded phone, then you messed up big-time and all bets are off!

Whatever you did since is just going down a rabbit hole and destined to cause you more and more problems with no way out. There is no "right" way to do this other than what I said.

Trying to do it any other way -- and then using the "codes" for advanced calling -- is an absolute invitation for problems!

I have a ton of experience with this. I've consulted with "level-two tech support supervisors" and many level-two techs about this. And sales reps in the stores. "Most" of the level-two techs are familiar with this procedure, but not all of them. And only some of the sales or "tech" people in the stores are familiar with it.

In my case, I had to go into the store, educate the sales reps about it, and then while we were there together I had to get the level-two tech-support on the phone to walk the sales rep at the store through the process!!!

If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. Call level-two tech support in advance of going into the store, so you're on the same page, and if the level-two tech is not familiar with it tell them to find you someone who is -- and usually they will do so for you.

You really should clear whatever you did with the advanced calling codes -- if you can reset the phone to factory defaults, you should do that. Then follow the steps I've spelled out for you.

When dealing with a store, make sure it's a "corporate" VZW store, not a reseller (like Best Buy or any other, even if it has a big Verizon sign outside).

You actually don't even need a store for this procedure. The only reason you want them is for two things: to provide the VZW-branded phone "if" they have one available, which they may or may not have; and to just watch the process and make sure the rest of the basics of provisioning the phone go according to plan, the way they're used to always doing that part.

If you can simply gain access to a VZW-branded Android phone that takes the same sized SIM card as your KEYone and borrow it for a few minutes, that's all you really need. Get level-two VZW tech support on the phone (you'll need a third phone for that call, of course); remove the SIM from the VZW-branded phone; put your SIM from your KEYone into that VZW-branded phone; have level-two tech support provision it; then move it to your KEYone; all the while having that tier-two tech hold your hand very closely. (Then just put the original SIM from the VZW-branded phone back into that phone, of course.)

(Once all of that is done, you can enable Advanced Calling like "normal" -- no codes or other wrestling with it whatsoever. Everything should then work as normal -- with the sole exception of WiFi calling, which won't.)

You have to do this the way I have told you if you want it to all work right and you want to avoid other potential issues. I know what I'm talking about. (And I used to have the same attorney and accountant as Steven Jobs. I'm very sure you can rely on my guidance.)

Good luck!
    Last edited by classact; 06-07-18 at 04:06 PM.
    06-07-18 03:48 PM

If the person with this issue (or related issues) allowed uninformed sales people in a store to stand in the way of what you know about the "absolute imperative" of activating the SIM card in a VZW-branded phone, then you messed up big-time and all bets are off!

Whatever you did since is just going down a rabbit hole and destined to cause you more and more problems with no way out. There is no "right" way to do this other than what I said.

Trying to do it any other way -- and then using the "codes" for advanced calling -- is an absolute invitation for problems!

I have a ton of experience with this. I've consulted with "level-two tech support supervisors" and many level-two techs about this. And sales reps in the stores. "Most" of the level-two techs are familiar with this procedure, but not all of them. And only some of the sales or "tech" people in the stores are familiar with it.

In my case, I had to go into the store, educate the sales reps about it, and then while we were there together I had to get the level-two tech-support on the phone to walk the sales rep at the store through the process!!!

If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. Call level-two tech support in advance of going into the store, so you're on the same page, and if the level-two tech is not familiar with it tell them to find you someone who is -- and usually they will do so for you.

You really should clear whatever you did with the advanced calling codes -- if you can reset the phone to factory defaults, you should do that. Then follow the steps I've spelled out for you.

When dealing with a store, make sure it's a "corporate" VZW store, not a reseller (like Best Buy or any other, even if it has a big Verizon sign outside).

You actually don't even need a store for this procedure. The only reason you want them is for two things: to provide the VZW-branded phone "if" they have one available, which they may or may not have; and to just watch the process and make sure the rest of the basics of provisioning the phone go according to plan, the way they're used to always doing that part.

If you can simply gain access to a VZW-branded Android phone that takes the same sized SIM card as your KEYone and borrow it for a few minutes, that's all you really need. Get level-two VZW tech support on the phone (you'll need a third phone for that call, of course); remove the SIM from the VZW-branded phone; put your SIM from your KEYone into that VZW-branded phone; have level-two tech support provision it; then move it to your KEYone; all the while having that tier-two tech hold your hand very closely. (Then just put the original SIM from the VZW-branded phone back into that phone, of course.)

(Once all of that is done, you can enable Advanced Calling like "normal" -- no codes or other wrestling with it whatsoever. Everything should then work as normal -- with the sole exception of WiFi calling, which won't.)

You have to do this the way I have told you if you want it to all work right and you want to avoid other potential issues. I know what I'm talking about. (And I used to have the same attorney and accountant as Steven Jobs. I'm very sure you can rely on my guidance.)

Good luck!
    Wow.

First of all, I wasn't asking for help. I followed OP's instructions (which included the code), and it worked just fine. Why would I start over from scratch when I got the same result?
    06-07-18 04:11 PM
    Wow.

First of all, I wasn't asking for help. I followed OP's instructions (which included the code), and it worked just fine. Why would I start over from scratch when I got the same result?
    I understand that. My oversight -- I wrote that before realizing you were commenting after someone else had brought up a problem they had. (I went back and reworded a bit to address "others" and not you as best as I could.)

I think so many people are wrestling with issues in these areas that can be overcome by taking the steps I've outlined, so I tried to help "others" by being really clear and thorough.

I do know some people do not get completely proper results with the steps you took. I am glad it worked for you and of course I agree there's no need to wipe and start over for you. (I would not be surprised if "some" things still don't work right the way you did it, but if you're not noticing anything along those lines and are happy with how things are working for you then obviously that's a non-issue and we can just move on.)
    06-07-18 04:14 PM
    I understand that. My oversight -- I wrote that before realizing you were commenting after someone else had brought up a problem they had. (I went back and reworded a bit to address "others" and not you as best as I could.)

I think so many people are wrestling with issues in these areas that can be overcome by taking the steps I've outlined, so I tried to help "others" by being really clear and thorough.

I do know some people do not get completely proper results with the steps you took. I am glad it worked for you and of course I agree there's no need to wipe and start over for you. (I would not be surprised if "some" things still don't work right the way you did it, but if you're not noticing anything along those lines and are happy with how things are working for you then obviously that's a non-issue and we can just move on.)
    I really appreciate your response.

Perhaps there is more than one way to skin this cat, but your way would be preferred from the get go.
    06-07-18 04:28 PM
    I really appreciate your response.

Perhaps there is more than one way to skin this cat, but your way would be preferred from the get go.
    Very cool. Hopefully we've manged to help a bunch of others with our diaglog here.
    06-07-18 04:33 PM
    I have advanced calling enabled (HD Voice only) but would like to get WiFi Calling which BBM says the device is capable of, but needs the right SIM?

anyone have WiFi Calling working on VZW and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ?
    06-24-18 06:08 PM
    I have advanced calling enabled (HD Voice only) but would like to get WiFi Calling which BBM says the device is capable of, but needs the right SIM?

Carrier controls that and Verizon won't do that for BYOD.
    C_McD likes this.
    06-24-18 06:23 PM

I may be wrong but my understanding is that this is one thing that just is not available.
    06-24-18 11:00 PM
    If you already have a Verizon phone can you just take the sim card out of it and use it in the Keyone
    06-26-18 12:30 PM
    If you already have a Verizon phone can you just take the sim card out of it and use it in the Keyone
    Generally yes, but it all depends on the Verizon phone the sim card was in to begin with. If not a little tinkering is all that's required to get the device in working order for ya.
    06-26-18 01:29 PM
    My sim card I would use is from a Verizon bought LG V30.
    06-26-18 01:33 PM
    My sim card I would use is from a Verizon bought LG V30.
    Should work for sure as long as you're buying a the bbb100-3 variant keyone.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-18 01:52 PM
    I moved my sim from my Priv to the KeyOne. Just make sure to follow M-M-M's advice on which model for use on Verizon.
    06-26-18 03:36 PM
    Verizon could not get HD calling to work after I did this even though it was activated. I had to use the aforementioned code to manually flip it on.
    06-26-18 03:44 PM
    Sigh, my Z30 had a micro SIM.
    07-01-18 07:12 AM
    Sigh, my Z30 had a micro SIM.
    I had to get a new SIM as well (had a Q10) which I think is why HD calling didn't work right away.
    07-01-18 07:19 AM
199 ... 5678