No. I just don't complain about things I can't change anymore apart not buying a new phone every year. You just add complaining. Who has done more? I doubt anyone of us.

Not to mention that you haven't provided any logical purpose or solution how the whole industry should've changed.
    Why should I offer a solution? I do not give a rats hind-parts on what OEM's or consumers do. I can look at the industry from a market standpoint and access how they drive sales and That is fine. How is that complaining?

My phones get what I need done 36 months after purchase, for the next Joe, his needs may be different.
    04-18-18 12:10 PM
    I assume that by future you mean 2-5 years from when the phone was released. The answer is a plain no. It hasn't flagship specs and the time will come when a new version of Android comes out and when you ask BlackBerry why will the KeyOne not get it, they'll say because of hardware limitations (Playbook?). Take a look at the PRIV: it was a higher mid-tier/flagship spec'd device and still couldn't make it past one OS update. Why would someone think this one is future proof then?

/*Passport SQW100-1*/
    05-11-18 12:56 PM
    It is future proof as long as you don't read and follow any news on latest phone and gadget, and assume you don't purposely drop it into the bath tub as well

Seriously, I think a phone is as future proof as the owner wanted it to be.
    Nailed it!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-18 01:57 PM
    We're being forced into consumerism whether we like it or not: offering 3 years support and that's it. I'm pretty sure our current hardware could handle those security updates for more than 3 years this is ridiculous and not green at all!
    People thought that about Apple phones... but the newer features taxed the phones to the point that they had to be slowed down or they'd kill their batteries. Apple didn't slow them down for no reason.

Regardless of the hardware, the software continues to move forward. Even if you don't update your OS, your apps need constant updates - some won't function with older versions at all, or lock them out - and most updates contain new features and they all add up, and soon the phone has to work harder, runs more slowly, and uses more battery charge per hour. That's the simple reality of the industry.

You as a user might be fine with standing still, but the whole connected world continues to evolve every day, and a LOT of things on your device are dependent on those online services...
    05-11-18 07:28 PM
    If it is, tell us why
    If it's not, tell us why

Can't wait to read what you guys will say
    KEYone Silver - No.

KEYone Black Edition - Yes. - It has the same amount of RAM as the Pixel 2 XL, and 64GB Internal storage which has become the standard minimum for phones with MicroSD. Die to the better Hardware the BE should also run have a much better time running Android Oreo... if it ever arrives for KEYone.
    05-12-18 02:09 AM
55 123