I was making my bed and was straightening out my sheet by lifting it in the air and laying it back down over the mattress. As I quickly yanked the sheet into the air, my phone launched into the concrete wall.

I had a cheapo floppy clear rubber cover on it and a matte screen protector. The only damage was one of the clips from the back cover popped out. Popped it back in and was good to go!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-17 08:19 AM
    You my friend dodged a bullet!

All I can say is.... (NSFW)

09-26-17 09:11 AM
    Tell me about it. My heart jumped as soon as it happened and I didn't even want to look at it on the ground. All I kept thinking was 'my screen is off, my screen is off, my screen is off'.
    09-26-17 09:30 AM
    your screen did come off... together with everything except the corner of the back... LOL
    ominaxe likes this.
    09-26-17 09:38 AM
    Tell me about it. My heart jumped as soon as it happened and I didn't even want to look at it on the ground. All I kept thinking was 'my screen is off, my screen is off, my screen is off'.
    Not sure if you know my story. I was one of the people BlackBerry Mobile took to Spain to see the launch plus they eventually gave us KEYones. I was also at another event in NYC a soccer game and I was talking to the BB Mobile GM about the screen popping off issue and I told him how I had no issues with the one they gave me BUT that I was confident they had my back IF I ever did. And he of course assured me I did!

Anyways fast forward a few months and I had passed the KEYone on to my Dad. He called me sounding like a disobedient child. "Son I broke my phone the screen has popped out" "It barely dropped at all, but the screen has popped out!" I assured him not to worry I would take care of it! Called up BlackBerry Mobile, and 2 business days later (there was a weekend so it felt and WAS longer) I had a brand new KEYone for him!

NOW I'm not guaranteeing that they would have taken care of you, because they DID ask me for a credit card and they DID inform me that if I failed to return the broken device, OR if it had damage OTHER than the popped off screen, they would charge me for the new device. HOWEVER I was more than satisfied, and they DID NOT charge me.
    09-26-17 09:45 AM
    your screen did come off... together with everything except the corner of the back... LOL
    Good one, sir!
    09-26-17 09:45 AM
    Not sure if you know my story. I was one of the people BlackBerry Mobile took to Spain to see the launch plus they eventually gave us KEYones. I was also at another event in NYC a soccer game and I was talking to the BB Mobile GM about the screen popping off issue and I told him how I had no issues with the one they gave me BUT that I was confident they had my back IF I ever did. And he of course assured me I did!

Anyways fast forward a few months and I had passed the KEYone on to my Dad. He called me sounding like a disobedient child. "Son I broke my phone the screen has popped out" "It barely dropped at all, but the screen has popped out!" I assured him not to worry I would take care of it! Called up BlackBerry Mobile, and 2 business days later (there was a weekend so it felt and WAS longer) I had a brand new KEYone for him!

NOW I'm not guaranteeing that they would have taken care of you, because they DID ask me for a credit card and they DID inform me that if I failed to return the broken device, OR if it had damage OTHER than the popped off screen, they would charge me for the new device. HOWEVER I was more than satisfied, and they DID NOT charge me.
    I knew about Barcelona and your KEYone. I did not know about your run in with the GM. That's totally badass and some great customer service!
    pkcable likes this.
    09-26-17 05:15 PM