I mistook the mic in its panel for the SIM tray and long story short I've stabbed through my mic and everything it records is tinny and barely audible. One fell swoop before I even booted up my new phone.

I feel so stupid.
    06-20-17 04:00 PM
    Wow sorry to hear that and welcome to cb as I see this is your first post. This has happened to a few other stupid people so don't feel like your the only one, yes I am only joking with you on the side, this has happened to someone the other day . Is a start up guide not sent with the K1?
    06-20-17 04:08 PM
    06-20-17 04:10 PM
    how is that possible when there's a sticker on the phone showing you where the Sim card reader is?!
    06-20-17 04:31 PM
    I'm not surprised, the holes are similar, the top panel of the keyone looks like a tray cover, and the passport had the sim/sd card trays on the top.

Very unfortunate.
    06-20-17 04:52 PM
    I mistook the mic in its panel for the SIM tray and long story short I've stabbed through my mic and everything it records is tinny and barely audible. One fell swoop before I even booted up my new phone.

I feel so stupid.
    Don't people read the brief user guide?
    06-20-17 05:33 PM
    Most don't and well you probably should but if they had the Priv or others it's where you figure it would be
    06-20-17 05:38 PM
    I've done it, I admit it. I take a week or so getting my new phone set up so the stickers are LONG gone by then. Plus I think I'm smarter than I am a lot.

The good thing is I've only done it once...
    06-20-17 07:46 PM
    return it and say it's faulty. if it's in the first couple of days, the retailer won't question it. they'll just think something was wrong with the manufacturing. obviously don't tell them you shoved the SIM tool in there.
    best of luck.
    06-20-17 08:08 PM
    FA should be able to tell from the evidence, what is internal component failure or user induced component failure. especially, you have the SIM tray tool as imprint (not like you pocked with unknown substance that very difficult to pin point what happened). If the tool is made by substance different than the frame, you might leave trace element on the mark, that will give it away.... If I were you, just send it back and admit you did something wrong and ask for repair and overhaul and pay some limited fee as tuition of your mistake and never do it again (read the instruction next time... as for BB design, make the sim key bigger, fancy, so there is no excuses to be mistaken to something else.. or eliminated all together... have to say, apple has an edge on the design for "easy on the user" gear to the lowest denominator when come to the UI)...
    06-21-17 08:25 AM