Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEYone

Accessing data from my KeyOne without any display...

Asked: Mar 21 2022 | 4:39 pm EDT 3262 Views 6 Answers

Hello ;

My KeyOne felt down and the screen diassociated from the phone... a connector is broken, the phone still works (mail notifications, ...) but the screen stays dark :-(
If I connect it through USB to a PC, it stays in charging mode and does not allow file sharing, I would have to activate it manually but of course without display it's not possible...
But... I had activated the debug from USB in developper's mode !

=> May this allow to take control of the phone so as to activate USB file sharing or even much better, export display to the PC ??

BlackBerry KeyOne, Android 8.1.
Thanks everybody for your help...
B.L.

More Answers

Mar 21 2022 | 6:37 pm EDT zer0ten

Perhaps a USB-C hub with HDMI-out might work? You could get one cheap on Amazon and connect it to any monitor or TV with an HDMI port.

Mar 21 2022 | 7:33 pm EDT Ben xfg

Hello ;

My KeyOne felt down and the screen diassociated from the phone... a connector is broken, the phone still works (mail notifications, ...) but the screen stays dark :-(
If I connect it through USB to a PC, it stays in charging mode and does not allow file sharing, I would have to activate it manually but of course without display it's not possible...
But... I had activated the debug from USB in developper's mode !

=> May this allow to take control of the phone so as to activate USB file sharing or even much better, export display to the PC ??

BlackBerry KeyOne, Android 8.1.
Thanks everybody for your help...
B.L.
I'd likely just get the screen repaired as those aren't outrageously expensive these days.

Mar 23 2022 | 11:08 am EDT bl78

Nice idea, thanks - I'll try if no other solution... but not sure it'll work without asking for confirmation ! And not so easy to choose the right USB-HDMI adapter, I think it shoud be "OTG compliant" to increase chances to work but...

Mar 24 2022 | 6:34 am EDT bl78

I'd likely just get the screen repaired as those aren't outrageously expensive these days.
Yes, I was thinking about that, but usual offers for this service are for broken screens, mine seems fine : it's the flat cable between it and the phone which is broken... moreover I've seen that it includes some electronic composants too, so it may be difficult to find... Maybe it comes with the screen, but not sure...
I'll ask some repair shops if I can't find another solution.

Mar 24 2022 | 6:41 am EDT Ben xfg

Yes, I was thinking about that, but usual offers for this service are for broken screens, mine seems fine : it's the flat cable between it and the phone which is broken... moreover I've seen that it includes some electronic composants too, so it may be difficult to find... Maybe it comes with the screen, but not sure...
I'll ask some repair shops if I can't find another solution.
New screens come with outer glass, digitizer and ribbon cable as one complete unit.

Mar 30 2022 | 6:24 am EDT bl78

New screens come with outer glass, digitizer and ribbon cable as one complete unit.
Yes, thanks - Confirmed at a repair shop, so I left them my BB and should get it back in a few hours, "brand new" ;-)