Hey BlackBerry having spent £500 for your flagship K1 why is the call quality so abysmal?
    My wife has an IPhone 7 and the call quality is so much better.
    What can I do? What rights do I have? Can I request a full cash refund? Any help would be good.
    01-16-18 02:20 PM
    Curious, are you assuming all K1's have "abysmal" call quality? So far mine is as good as any other BB I've owned and definitely better than my wife's previous iPhone 6, which she traded out for a K1 a couple of months ago for that very reason, as well as better signal strength in fringe areas.

p.s. The K1 is definitely not a flagship model nor have I seen it referred as such by BlackBerry or anyone else.
    TCM01 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    01-16-18 02:27 PM
    Well I can't understand why when I'm sitting in the same chair in the same house when I call my son he says my call is muffled, hit and miss but when I call him from my wife's IPhone there's no problem.
    its just annoying that what's supposed to be a superior phone ( of the BlackBerry range) that's the call quality can differ.
    any idea what can be causing it?
    01-16-18 02:44 PM
    The K1 is definitely not a flagship model nor have I seen it referred as such by BlackBerry or anyone else.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was referred. Check video MWC 2017 when the phone was presented.

P.S. my K1 black edition works fine!!!
    Wezard likes this.
    01-16-18 02:45 PM
    Hey BlackBerry having spent £500 for your flagship K1 why is the call quality so abysmal?
    What can I do? What rights do I have? Can I request a full cash refund? Any help would be good.
    Are you still under warranty? If so, get another one.

Are you using a case?
    01-16-18 02:57 PM
    yes and yes. without the case makes no difference,
    01-16-18 02:59 PM
    yes and yes. without the case makes no difference,
    Luckily I get the same reception as before with my Q10. Have you played with the network settings?
    01-16-18 03:03 PM
    Where do you live? What carrier? For voice are you on 3g/4g/voLTE? New or reused sim card from another phone?
    01-16-18 03:17 PM
    UK, EE , 4G newish simcard.
    01-16-18 03:19 PM
    most expensive offering? yes. flagship? no way. not even a blackberry phone in fact.

Posted via CBX
    TCM01 and Wezard like this.
    01-16-18 03:20 PM
    most expensive offering? yes. flagship? no way. not even a blackberry phone in fact.

Posted via CBX
    Of course it’s Blackberry Mobile’s flagship device. What else have they got? The motion? Isn’t that a similar spec to the KeyONE?

If neither of those aren’t BBMO’s flagship models the what is?
    01-16-18 05:18 PM
    Of course it’s Blackberry Mobile’s flagship device. What else have they got? The motion? Isn’t that a similar spec to the KeyONE?

If neither of those aren’t BBMO’s flagship models the what is?
    They're not calling the device a flagship and attempting to compete in the flagship space.
    TCM01 likes this.
    01-16-18 05:20 PM
    They're not calling the device a flagship and attempting to compete in the flagship space.
    Flagship isn’t about how you refer to the product as much as it is about how much it is marketed. Which for BBMO, the KeyONE definitely it. Flagship is relative to the company, not the market. The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s flagship console, it’s nowhere near as powerful as the latest Xbox or PS4, but it has several USPs to make their product more favourable over its higher spec competition

BBMO want a potential customer to choose the KEYONE over the latest iPhone and Samsung and their USP is the keyboard.
    Last edited by The Chosen; 01-17-18 at 01:43 AM.
    01-16-18 05:31 PM
    Flagship isn’t about how you refer to the product as much as how market it is being your brand’s biggest product. Which for BBMO, the KeyONE definitely it. Flagship is relative to the company, not the market. The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s flagship console, it’s nowhere near as powerful as the latest Xbox or PS4, but it has several USPs to make their product more favourable over its higher spec competition

BBMO want a potential customer to choose the KEYONE over the latest iPhone and Samsung and their USP is the keyboard.
    Exactly.

I think the confusion is that some people think flagship must mean very high end specs.

Relative is the operative word here.
    01-16-18 05:57 PM
    call quality is not as good like on my PP or Classic in no aspects - and I do a lot of calling! ... that's why i switch back to my PP for it... sad but true.
    support said I should sent it in for repair, which I will do and then see if anything betters, but it's already my second device, so hopes are kept low...
    01-16-18 06:18 PM
    Flagship isn’t about how you refer to the product as much as how market it is being your brand’s biggest product. Which for BBMO, the KeyONE definitely it. Flagship is relative to the company, not the market. The Nintendo Switch is Nintendo’s flagship console, it’s nowhere near as powerful as the latest Xbox or PS4, but it has several USPs to make their product more favourable over its higher spec competition

I'm building a device not aimed towards flagship market and its related specs. I'm aiming for a different user segment trading off higher specs for a PKB. You may own high-end luxury automobile or even mid-priced high specs mid-tier brand. The vehicle I'm selling is panel or mini van. Think about it. You're not buying my vehicle to replace your current vehicle.
    TCM01 likes this.
    01-16-18 07:36 PM
    Flagship or not, a phone should include a microphone capable of providing clear call quality.
    FF22 and chrissycee1975 like this.
    01-16-18 08:42 PM
    Flagship or not, a phone should include a microphone capable of providing clear call quality.
    Sorry. Took me a minute to respond. I was busy talking on my KEYone. The person on the other end wouldn't stop complimenting the call quality.
    01-16-18 08:56 PM
    it's just the worst, and has been so across so many replacement devices. I am hesitant to order yet another replacement, as there's no evidence that these one's they are sending are any better.
    01-16-18 09:22 PM
    Unless you have a defective phone or carrier issues, or whomever you are calling has a bad connection, I don't know why you would have audio probs. My KeyOne is easily the best phone I've had. Call quality is excellent, and noticeably better than my Galaxy S7 Edge.
    TCM01 likes this.
    01-16-18 11:00 PM
    Unless you have a defective phone or carrier issues, or whomever you are calling has a bad connection, I don't know why you would have audio probs. My KeyOne is easily the best phone I've had. Call quality is excellent, and noticeably better than my Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Mine is great as well, although I am sure HD Voice provided by my carrier plays a large part in my experience. Prior to activating it, the quality was noticeably different.
    TCM01 likes this.
    01-17-18 07:08 AM
    UK, EE , 4G newish simcard.
    How does it sound when using EE WiFi calling?
    01-17-18 07:09 AM
    It's never been a flagship phone. It's meant to be a workhorse.
    01-17-18 12:43 PM
    Consistently bad call quality mentioned by recipient on all calls over many devices on at+t throughout greater Boston (not location dependent). Never had such a device dysfunction.
    01-17-18 01:25 PM
    Well I can't understand why when I'm sitting in the same chair in the same house when I call my son he says my call is muffled, hit and miss but when I call him from my wife's IPhone there's no problem.
    its just annoying that what's supposed to be a superior phone ( of the BlackBerry range) that's the call quality can differ.
    any idea what can be causing it?
    The microphones on the phones are terrible. People say all my calls are muffled.
    01-17-18 01:26 PM
50 12