So it's the dopamine that makes this update seem faster? Buggers.
    08-02-19 09:26 AM
    Hello together! New user from Germany here. I basically love my KeyOne, and can't do without a physical keyboard.

I have two questions regarding the KeyOne June patch:
    a) Does this patch install the new, non-Swiftkey version of the Blackberry soft-keyboard and
    b) does this patch install the newest version of Google Photos?

The 'problem' for me is that I use the KeyOne with Play Services turned off, which works great, spies less, and saves battery, but the newest version of Photos only works with Play Services activated (I do not wonder why Google would enforce this...). The APK lost about 20 MBytes of code due to that, as far as I could gather.

Could anyone answer this for me pls? Especially with the new Qualcomm Wifi patches coming up in August, using an unpatched KeyOne is becoming less secure by the day.

Thanks!
    08-07-19 11:40 AM
    Hello together! New user from Germany here. I basically love my KeyOne, and can't do without a physical keyboard.

I have two questions regarding the KeyOne June patch:
    a) Does this patch install the new, non-Swiftkey version of the Blackberry soft-keyboard and
    b) does this patch install the newest version of Google Photos?

The 'problem' for me is that I use the KeyOne with Play Services turned off, which works great, spies less, and saves battery, but the newest version of Photos only works with Play Services activated (I do not wonder why Google would enforce this...). The APK lost about 20 MBytes of code due to that, as far as I could gather.

Could anyone answer this for me pls? Especially with the new Qualcomm Wifi patches coming up in August, using an unpatched KeyOne is becoming less secure by the day.

Thanks!
    An autoloader will install the latest versions of the stock apps (up to the build date of the OS). You will have to roll back after.
    08-07-19 11:45 AM
    An autoloader will install the latest versions of the stock apps (up to the build date of the OS). You will have to roll back after.
    Thanks for the super quick answer!

From what I so far have experienced on Android, it's not possible to roll back to a lower version number to the one installed. And as I can't deinstall but only deactivate the stock apps, wouldn't that mean I can't install a version lower than the one in the firmware?
    08-07-19 11:50 AM
    Considering this option on my NA BE KeyOne. I am disappointed that this device (only out for sale in NA market since March '18) is not getting regular monthly for 3 years. Samsung has really stepped up their game S7 ('16 Feb sale date) is still being supported now in the 4th year albeit now quarterly, which would be fine for me on this BE.
    08-08-19 05:08 PM
    I successfully updated my KeyOne BE using the June autoloader running the nowipe.bat file as I didn't want to to go through setting my phone up again... Worked like a dream... Think it would be good if someone from the Crackberry team could do a step by step article for those who have not undertaken the procedure before...
    08-10-19 09:50 AM
    I successfully updated my KeyOne BE using the June autoloader running the nowipe.bat file as I didn't want to to go through setting my phone up again... Worked like a dream... Think it would be good if someone from the Crackberry team could do a step by step article for those who have not undertaken the procedure before...
    I would welcome that. I am going to do this on my BE later this evening. Can someone also confirm if an OTA comes for another this will not jeopardize it.
    08-10-19 01:51 PM
    Can someone also confirm if an OTA comes for another this will not jeopardize it.
    Another what?
    08-10-19 02:16 PM
    Just do a search. It's there.
    08-10-19 02:22 PM
    Another what?
    Security update. I am hoping the BE NA KeyOne continues to receive security patches 🤞
    08-10-19 02:24 PM
    Security update. I am hoping the BE NA KeyOne continues to receive security patches
    No worries. You'll be able to update again - even if only by autoloader.

You download to PC, unzip it, plug in your device (which is in fastboot mode), and run the batch file of your choice.

To get into fastboot, turn off the phone. Then turn it back on by holding the power button and the down volume button. You will see a text menu. Stay there.

Don't forget to remove your device password first.
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-10-19 02:29 PM
    I'm trying to revive my old KeyOne. When I run the autoloader I get
    sending sparse 'system' 3/8 (521966 KB)...
    FAILED (data write failure (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 48.919s
    Any ideas on anything else to try? I can get into the BootLoader menu but that's about all that I can do.
    08-11-19 12:28 PM
    I'm trying to revive my old KeyOne. When I run the autoloader I get
    sending sparse 'system' 3/8 (521966 KB)...
    FAILED (data write failure (Unknown error))
    finished. total time: 48.919s
    Any ideas on anything else to try? I can get into the BootLoader menu but that's about all that I can do.
    Download again. Try another cable, port, or PC.

I can assure you that the file is good.
    SilverSfr likes this.
    08-11-19 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a different USB port and it worked! Thanks again
    08-11-19 07:08 PM
    How is the June update performing on your Key One devices? I have a NA BE running well on April. If all is smooth with June I am going to perform the June update via the no wipe auto loader.
    08-17-19 03:55 PM
    How is the June update performing on your Key One devices? I have a NA BE running well on April. If all is smooth with June I am going to perform the June update via the no wipe auto loader.
    It's just a security update. No issues.
    08-17-19 03:56 PM
    It's just a security update. No issues.
    Hey Conite, clarification would be appreciated. Is the June update only April plus security, or have the apps (Keyboard w/o Swiftkey, Maps, Photos etc.) been updated?
    08-17-19 05:19 PM
    Hey Conite, clarification would be appreciated. Is the June update only April plus security, or have the apps (Keyboard w/o Swiftkey, Maps, Photos etc.) been updated?
    It's a June OS build and a June security patch.

Everything updated to the most recent as at June 1st.
    08-17-19 07:21 PM
    Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction here.
    What I did: I had my SD card set up as additional internal storage on my Key1. Before updating to the June patch (with the wipe), I removed it. Now I have a "unsupported Samsung SD card" when I re-insert the card. Of course I have plenty of data I do not want to loose. I tried to see if I could just get the data off by using my PC but the PC doesn't read that the card is inserted there at all. It does appear when I go into disk management on the PC. But any actions I should be able to do there is shaded out. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to fix this without having to format and erasing all the files on the card? Much thanks in advance.
    To add. Autoloader worked. Phone was stuck on April's update.
    08-18-19 02:11 AM
    It's a June OS build and a June security patch.

Everything updated to the most recent as at June 1st.
    Thank you.
    08-18-19 06:31 AM
    Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction here.
    What I did: I had my SD card set up as additional internal storage on my Key1. Before updating to the June patch (with the wipe), I removed it. Now I have a "unsupported Samsung SD card" when I re-insert the card. Of course I have plenty of data I do not want to loose. I tried to see if I could just get the data off by using my PC but the PC doesn't read that the card is inserted there at all. It does appear when I go into disk management on the PC. But any actions I should be able to do there is shaded out. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to fix this without having to format and erasing all the files on the card? Much thanks in advance.
    To add. Autoloader worked. Phone was stuck on April's update.
    The data is lost unfortunately.

Since it was set up as adoptable storage, it's not recoverable.
    08-18-19 07:45 AM
    The data is lost unfortunately.

Since it was set up as adoptable storage, it's not recoverable.
    Thank you. Should I have left the SD card in during the wipe and update process? Or not ever set it up that way again?
    08-18-19 08:00 AM
    Thank you. Should I have left the SD card in during the wipe and update process? Or not ever set it up that way again?
    Never set it up that way.

The only thing you could have done is manually extract whatever info off your phone you wanted to keep.

With adoptable storage, there is no delineation between what is stored on device memory and what is stored on the card - you would have bits and pieces everywhere.
    08-18-19 08:05 AM
    OK gotcha thanks.
    08-18-19 08:12 AM
    Loaded this up on my KEYone BE this evening. So far, so good. Will report back.

Take it back...seems to have slowed the phone down some.

It's a little heavier than the ABT patch I had before it. Phone seems ever so slightly sluggish.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 08-20-19 at 08:09 PM.
    08-20-19 06:48 PM
235 ... 23456 ...