The KeyONE is definitely worth the wait! This is one of my favorite phones to date!
    06-21-17 06:56 AM
    Clearly the whole process of obtaining the phone is a hue debacle. The delays, the stock issues, having to only g through Best Buy or Amazon. The whole thing was a sham. That being said though, I concur with NG888 in that the phone is difficult to use one handed, but that was, or should have been known prior to purchasing the device. However, the phone is solid. There is very little that has disappointed me about it. If I HAD to pick something I think that I would have preferred a better screen. That is not to say that the screen is bad though. Only if forced to pick something that is what it would be.
    06-21-17 07:03 AM
    At least you can order it... Here in Spain the K1 simply does not exist.
    As WhatsApp is going to be available until the end of the year I'll stick with my Passport SE then at year's end I'll take a look at the market again and decide if it is worth purchasing a device with a 3 years old SoC (the K1) or there are better alternatives.
    TCL simply failed to launch this device on time and when they did it was with a lot of issues... Probably they destroyed a good opportunity for a BlackBerry device to be important again.
    Dude you are in Europe, can't you just order a ROW version of any BB device, from any EU source?
    06-21-17 09:14 AM
    Dude you are in Europe, can't you just order a ROW version of any BB device, from any EU source?
    I feel with dastillero1975 .
    Yes in theory you can order in all Europe. Providing you can get it anywhere in Europe!

And, if you, e.g. are in Germany, you better order from a German/Austrian dealer only, to get the proper keyboard with all the special Ös and Äs etc. that will be needed.
    Or, if you are in the Nordics, you will need other special chars.
    In the UK, you get a QWERTY KB instead of the QWERTZ that is common in German.
    The French also have different Keyboards afaik etc. etc.
    Not speaking of different wall plugs & voltages.
    I guess there is at least one specialty that might be needed for Spanish.....
    Unlike in the US, there are different languages and different standards, as the EU is a bunch of formerly strictly separated countries...this might take another 200 years until this gets standardized, if ever.....

Sorry for lecturing ;-)

Last, but not least, even if you would accept all these difficulties and decide to go for a foreign language keyboard - you hardly get any K1s over here!
    06-21-17 09:39 AM
    Do you really have to have the KEYone? Have you tried some other Androids like LG G6, Sony Xperia XZ or XZ Premium, or Galaxy S7 Edge or Galaxy S8+?

While you wait maybe try those out and see if you still want to wait.
    Salesman.....

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-21-17 09:50 AM
    What other good ones have a PKB, kick *** battery life, and quality camera plus BlackBerry software?

BTW: my wife the XPERiA and absolutely hated it. One of the worst devices she has ever owned. Horrible battery life, Wifi dropped consistently, touch screen flaked out and wasn’t responsive, poor phone quality, lagged and screen froze numerous times , etc etc . She got rid of that piece of garbage for a Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm sure many have similar stories about other brands to.

I was just showing OP that if a PKB ain't a big deal, he has plenty of great options. Don't know why that is offending the hardcore fans so much.
    kbz1960 and TGR1 like this.
    06-21-17 10:55 AM
    Please take a look at @gnirkatto answer below your post. It is not that easy to find it in the EU and buy the right product
    Moreover, given the issues that are arising I'd prefer to buy it locally to avoid problems in case it must be returned.
    06-21-17 11:05 AM
    Salesman.....

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Salesman for who?
    06-21-17 12:48 PM
    Salesman for who?
    I'd love to know this to!
    06-21-17 02:21 PM
    Why not switch to AT&T? Seems like an easy solution and you would enjoying your Keyone.
    06-21-17 02:39 PM
    You should switch to a GSM carrier.
    06-21-17 03:15 PM
    After waiting months for the release of the KEYone and then an additional 18 days for delivery, I finally got my hands on this amazing device. As a long time Blackberry fan (Curve, Storm 2 and Z10) the KEYone had everything i love about Blackberries. Well, you can just imagine my disappointment when I opened the box and realized Amazon sent me the GSM version by mistake instead of the CDMA one (a pox on both your houses Amazon)!

I am now looking at another month with a rapidly failing Motorola Droid Turbo, waiting for Amazon to send the correct KEYone. It is this ridiculous waiting game that has to be the worst thing about the KEYone. Here in the US there really is just two options for purchasing the KEYone and neither one is quick and easy.

When I read about all the issues some people had with a defective KEYone, (lifting screens, funky keyboards, etc), I cannot help but wonder if they would have bothered to take to the web with their issue, if all they had to do was walk into the store they got it from and exchange it for a defective free one? I myself came extremely close to hitting the Refund button, rather than the Replacement button because another month wait is a little more than I can stomach right now.

To Blackberry and TCL, my advice to you: on your next phone release, start now working on how you plan to sell in the US market. The BestBuy and Amazon online ordering is a complete joke.
    Honestly, what's wrong with GSM that you'd prefer CDMA (I just do not know). Could you please explain it? Maybe it can help me decide as I'm still on the fence whether to buy Keyone (that's unlikely, though, as I'm in Africa).

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 03:16 PM
    Why not switch to AT&T? Seems like an easy solution and you would enjoying your Keyone.
    You should switch to a GSM carrier.
    Honestly, what's wrong with GSM that you'd prefer CDMA (I just do not know). Could you please explain it? Maybe it can help me decide as I'm still on the fence whether to buy Keyone (that's unlikely, though, as I'm in Africa).

Posted via CB10
    If where they live is like where I live GSM networks provide me with an unusable brick.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-21-17 04:02 PM
    Fair enough

Don't hesitate to try the others like OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5, or the Sony Xperia models, you'd be surprised at how good they are.

With so many options you should not have to go through so much pain for just a smartphone.
    "Most likely you are interested in the KEYone because of the physical keyboard, but let me recommend you to a bunch of all-touch Androids because I personally think they are so much better so they must be so much better for you!"

LOL
    06-22-17 03:51 PM
39 12