After waiting months for the release of the KEYone and then an additional 18 days for delivery, I finally got my hands on this amazing device. As a long time Blackberry fan (Curve, Storm 2 and Z10) the KEYone had everything i love about Blackberries. Well, you can just imagine my disappointment when I opened the box and realized Amazon sent me the GSM version by mistake instead of the CDMA one (a pox on both your houses Amazon)!

I am now looking at another month with a rapidly failing Motorola Droid Turbo, waiting for Amazon to send the correct KEYone. It is this ridiculous waiting game that has to be the worst thing about the KEYone. Here in the US there really is just two options for purchasing the KEYone and neither one is quick and easy.

When I read about all the issues some people had with a defective KEYone, (lifting screens, funky keyboards, etc), I cannot help but wonder if they would have bothered to take to the web with their issue, if all they had to do was walk into the store they got it from and exchange it for a defective free one? I myself came extremely close to hitting the Refund button, rather than the Replacement button because another month wait is a little more than I can stomach right now.

To Blackberry and TCL, my advice to you: on your next phone release, start now working on how you plan to sell in the US market. The BestBuy and Amazon online ordering is a complete joke.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-20-17 02:12 PM
    What if that was the only possible deal they could make?
    06-20-17 02:30 PM
    After waiting months for the release of the KEYone and then an additional 18 days for delivery, I finally got my hands on this amazing device. As a long time Blackberry fan (Curve, Storm 2 and Z10) the KEYone had everything i love about Blackberries. Well, you can just imagine my disappointment when I opened the box and realized Amazon sent me the GSM version by mistake instead of the CDMA one (a pox on both your houses Amazon)!

I am now looking at another month with a rapidly failing Motorola Droid Turbo, waiting for Amazon to send the correct KEYone. It is this ridiculous waiting game that has to be the worst thing about the KEYone. Here in the US there really is just two options for purchasing the KEYone and neither one is quick and easy.

When I read about all the issues some people had with a defective KEYone, (lifting screens, funky keyboards, etc), I cannot help but wonder if they would have bothered to take to the web with their issue, if all they had to do was walk into the store they got it from and exchange it for a defective free one? I myself came extremely close to hitting the Refund button, rather than the Replacement button because another month wait is a little more than I can stomach right now.

To Blackberry and TCL, my advice to you: on your next phone release, start now working on how you plan to sell in the US market. The BestBuy and Amazon online ordering is a complete joke.
    Sorry you received the wrong model. As a long-time BlackBerry user and current BlackBerry KEYone user let me assure you the wait will be worth the short term pain. Have you considered seeing if some is willing to swap their GSM for your CDMA version of the BlackBerry KEYone?
    portplayer likes this.
    06-20-17 02:37 PM

Do you really have to have the KEYone? Have you tried some other Androids like LG G6, Sony Xperia XZ or XZ Premium, or Galaxy S7 Edge or Galaxy S8+?

While you wait maybe try those out and see if you still want to wait.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-20-17 03:38 PM
    Do you really have to have the KEYone? Have you tried some other Androids like LG G6, Sony Xperia XZ or XZ Premium, or Galaxy S7 Edge or Galaxy S8+?

Go play in Android Central where you will be at home.
    06-20-17 04:36 PM
    Sorry you received the wrong model. As a long-time BlackBerry user and current BlackBerry KEYone user let me assure you the wait will be worth the short term pain. Have you considered seeing if some is willing to swap their GSM for your CDMA version of the BlackBerry KEYone?
    Sadly, it is a little too late for that, the GSM KEYone is already on its way back to Amazon.
    06-20-17 04:37 PM
    Oh, also check out the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5.

It's good to weigh up your options, especially when there are so many good ones.
    06-20-17 04:40 PM

After playing with the GSM model for two days (all Data functions worked, but could not connect to the network for voice), I am pretty sure the KEYone is the one for me. I am not a fan of Samsung phones, because if I have to use Android, I prefer it to be as close to stock as possible.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    06-20-17 04:41 PM
    After playing with the GSM model for two days (all Data functions worked, but could not connect to the network for voice), I am pretty sure the KEYone is the one for me. I am not a fan of Samsung phones, because if I have to use Android, I prefer it to be as close to stock as possible.
    Fair enough

Don't hesitate to try the others like OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5, or the Sony Xperia models, you'd be surprised at how good they are.

With so many options you should not have to go through so much pain for just a smartphone.
    06-20-17 04:46 PM
    So many but close to none with an actual keyboard! It's worth the wait! But agreed the US channels don't really seem that organized around the selling and promoting the K1!!!
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-20-17 05:07 PM
    If it is Amazon's mistake call customer service. You will more than likely receive a large discount off the original retail price. Good Luck
    06-20-17 05:22 PM
    I think Klyphton was pretty clear he wants the BlackBerry KEYone as well as fully aware of other smartphones running Android; but still wants a KEYone.

Klyphton simply wants one that works for voice, not something else.

I really hope you end up with the proper KEYone sooner rather than later. As another user who also sought out the KEYone, I can say you're going to enjoy it more with both voice and data services.
    06-20-17 05:33 PM
    So many but close to none with an actual keyboard! It's worth the wait! But agreed the US channels don't really seem that organized around the selling and promoting the K1!!!
    No US carriers are going to carry the phone but Sprint and how long will it be before they have it?
    06-20-17 05:44 PM
    most of us die hard BlackBerry fans waited for this phone since it was teased back in 2015.
    06-20-17 07:05 PM
    Oh, also check out the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 5.

It's good to weigh up your options, especially when there are so many good ones.
    So many good ones with PKB's?
    06-20-17 09:25 PM
    I think the hardest thing for a Passport owner is getting used to Android. But now I'm very happy with it.
    m69c44 and Gajja like this.
    06-20-17 11:56 PM
    So many good ones with PKB's?
    Said he was close to hitting the refund button, if so he may have gone for other alternatives without PKB that may have served him better in the long run, so I was just showing him how large his choice was if a PKB is not necessary.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:11 AM

At least you can order it... Here in Spain the K1 simply does not exist.
    As WhatsApp is going to be available until the end of the year I'll stick with my Passport SE then at year's end I'll take a look at the market again and decide if it is worth purchasing a device with a 3 years old SoC (the K1) or there are better alternatives.
    TCL simply failed to launch this device on time and when they did it was with a lot of issues... Probably they destroyed a good opportunity for a BlackBerry device to be important again.
    06-21-17 12:50 AM
    Roll out and launch of the K1 was and still is quite the fiasco. The saga continues...

Posted via BlackBerry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-17 01:23 AM
    I have been wondering if the current delay (I'm in Europe, and it is STILL very hard to get a K1, and the batches that dealers receive seem to be ridiculously small), is related to BBMo having stopped or slowed down production in order to address the issue with some screens popping out, and maybe - hopefully - the reception issues that some users (myself included) experienced.

Or, is it just a disastrous launch continued?
    06-21-17 05:21 AM
    At least you can order it... Here in Spain the K1 simply does not exist.
    As WhatsApp is going to be available until the end of the year I'll stick with my Passport SE then at year's end I'll take a look at the market again and decide if it is worth purchasing a device with a 3 years old SoC (the K1) or there are better alternatives.
    TCL simply failed to launch this device on time and when they did it was with a lot of issues... Probably they destroyed a good opportunity for a BlackBerry device to be important again.
    3 year old. You have a time machine?

Snapdragon 625 was announced on 11 February 2016.
    06-21-17 06:41 AM
    3 year old. You have a time machine?

Snapdragon 625 was announced on 11 February 2016.
    You are absolutely right, my fault.

And yes, I have a time machine. People call it clock :-P

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 06:48 AM
    reaching the top of the screen, especially with one handed use.
    06-21-17 06:51 AM
    Fair enough

Don't hesitate to try the others like OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5, or the Sony Xperia models, you'd be surprised at how good they are.

With so many options you should not have to go through so much pain for just a smartphone.
    So much pain? He didn't lose an arm. It is a phone. Some of you all have a unhealthy relationship with their inanimate objects I think.
    06-21-17 06:51 AM
    Fair enough

What other good ones have a PKB, kick *** battery life, and quality camera plus BlackBerry software?

BTW: my wife the XPERiA and absolutely hated it. One of the worst devices she has ever owned. Horrible battery life, Wifi dropped consistently, touch screen flaked out and wasn’t responsive, poor phone quality, lagged and screen froze numerous times , etc etc . She got rid of that piece of garbage for a Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 06:53 AM
39 12