This morning woke up to new update, ABJ0879 on my unlock KeyOne PRD-63116-001. showing Nov 5th security patch.
    Any one else got this?
    chi-town311 likes this.
    12-11-18 12:15 PM
    Yeah got mine this morning
    12-11-18 12:18 PM
    yes 331mb on Freedom Mobile but it's a Bell phone
    12-11-18 12:26 PM
    This morning woke up to new update, ABJ0879 on my unlock KeyOne PRD-63116-001. showing Nov 5th security patch.
    Any one else got this?
    Judging from the number of threads on this already today, I would say yes.
    12-11-18 12:50 PM
    Conite, didnt see any threads on the Keyone forum. .... apologies
    12-11-18 12:53 PM
    Conite, didnt see any threads on the Keyone forum. .... apologies
    No apology necessary, as I was just making a joke.
    12-11-18 12:55 PM
    hey conite, what does it break ?
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-11-18 at 01:07 PM.
    12-11-18 12:57 PM
    no worries...missed the joke .... :-D
    12-11-18 12:57 PM
    hey conite, what does it break ?
    2 steps forward, 1 step back.
    12-11-18 01:08 PM
    Received ABJ879 this morning (Dec.11) on my Rogers-locked KEYone on the Rogers network, PRD-63116-005.

Bug 1) It turned keypad dialtones off, and after turning them back on, when dialing *#TESTER#, the tone for the last pressed key keeps playing until you back out to the main screen or lock the phone.

Bug 2) Happens with every Oreo update so far - under Settings->Display, I always have my keyboard backlight and and nav button brightness sliders set far left so both are always off. After every update, the sliders are at the same spot, but the brightness of both are maxed. I need to slide both of them right, then all the way to the left again to restore previous behaviour.

Bug 3) After updating, notifications don't play, even though they are set correctly and the phone isn't on mute/vibrate/DoNotDisturb. For the last update, I found that a reboot of the phone fixes this (some people report this is only a temporary fix).
    Last edited by StanVanDam; 12-11-18 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo in TESTER code
    12-11-18 01:11 PM
    why don't they beta test this stuff ??
    12-11-18 02:20 PM
    Received ABJ879 this morning (Dec.11) on my Rogers-locked KEYone on the Rogers network, PRD-63116-005.

Bug 1) It turned keypad dialtones off, and after turning them back on, when dialing *#TESTER#*, the tone for the last pressed key keeps playing until you back out to the main screen or lock the phone.

Bug 2) Happens with every Oreo update so far - under Settings->Display, I always have my keyboard backlight and and nav button brightness sliders set far left so both are always off. After every update, the sliders are at the same spot, but the brightness of both are maxed. I need to slide both of them right, then all the way to the left again to restore previous behaviour.

Bug 3) After updating, notifications don't play, even though they are set correctly and the phone isn't on mute/vibrate/DoNotDisturb. For the last update, I found that a reboot of the phone fixes this (some people report this is only a temporary fix).
    Ouch... I had some trouble with OTA oreo only resolved buy concomitant screen pop and advanced replacement now flawless...
    12-11-18 02:24 PM

Bug 1) It turned keypad dialtones off, and after turning them back on, when dialing *#TESTER#*, the tone for the last pressed key keeps playing until you back out to the main screen or lock the phone.

The code is *#837837#. There is no trailing *.
    12-11-18 03:14 PM
    Typo corrected. The bug of the keypad tone staying on doesn't occur when typing the code on-screen, only on the physical key when typing the final # symbol. The tone even stays on after tapping OK to clear out of that PRD screen. Have to hit the power button to get the tone to turn off.
    12-11-18 03:21 PM
    Typo corrected. The bug of the keypad tone staying on doesn't occur when typing the code on-screen, only on the physical key when typing the final # symbol. The tone even stays on after tapping OK to clear out of that PRD screen. Have to hit the power button to get the tone to turn off.
    Can't reproduce it.
    12-11-18 04:38 PM
    I still don't get why anyone would actually want keypad tones, lol.
    12-11-18 05:06 PM
    why don't they beta test this stuff ??
    That's what's happening, now.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    12-11-18 09:14 PM
    I still don't get why anyone would actually want keypad tones, lol.
    Vision Issues
    12-12-18 04:38 PM
    KEYone, first batch, Amazon, T-Mobile USA, San Francisco Bay Area
    331.3 MB

APN screen after reboot still there. Not fixed.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 12-12-18 at 05:51 PM.
    12-12-18 05:35 PM
    Vision Issues
    The physical feeling of a physical key isn't enough to let you know it got pressed? ;-)
    12-12-18 08:20 PM
    Just got my update a bit ago. I'm downloading it now. I'll come back and post again if something bad is going on that I can't fix.
    12-12-18 11:39 PM
    sorry but it is the last blackberry , after bold , q10 , classic , passport , i have 2 blackberry keyone unlocked france , and the last up date is not comme in france . it s bu....t . my last update is june 2018 with aba693 . its not normal .
    12-13-18 09:36 AM
    The physical feeling of a physical key isn't enough to let you know it got pressed? ;-)
    Some of us don't have any feeling in our fingertips and/or visual impairment - the combination of the two can make using a phone especially challenging.

This is one of many good examples:
    "Physical or touchscreen buttons that vibrate or make a sound when pressed let you know when you've pressed something"
    from: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=0TnbjWlS
    rolfep likes this.
    12-13-18 10:05 AM
    Some of us don't have any feeling in our fingertips and/or visual impairment - the combination of the two can make using a phone especially challenging.

This is one of many good examples:
    "Physical or touchscreen buttons that vibrate or make a sound when pressed let you know when you've pressed something"
    from: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=EVLSpJAC
    That is a terribly specific group of people, lol.
    12-13-18 10:27 PM
    That is a terribly specific group of people, lol.
    Many many older people fall into this category, so not really that specific. It's why sales of phones from companies like Doro are booming.

And as a middle aged man with disability, I fit into this category too.
    rolfep likes this.
    12-14-18 08:30 AM
30 12