Hello,

I purchased a BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-7 about 8 months ago. The phone was working perfectly fine until this past Saturday night.

On Saturday, I was using the phone, noticed that it started to get sluggish. I performed a Soft Reboot from the device's GUI & the phone rebooted with no issue.

When I saw the phone boot, I didn't bother to unlock the device as it hit the Main Lock Screen, I put the phone down after reboot was successful. About a half hour later, I went to unlock the device & when I did this, it brought me to a gray screen with no Home Screen.

I swiped from the top & saw the notification center was working. I went ahead & performed another soft reboot. This time, I got past the BlackBerry powered by Android Screen to the actual boot screen.

I let the phone sit for about 45 minutes to no avail on the boot. I then searched the forums & everyone was suggesting to perform a Hard Reboot. I held down the power key for 32 seconds & the device performed it's hard reboot but never came back up.

I then plugged the device into the Charger, after about 15 minutes, the phone finally displayed the Powered by Android Splash Screen. The LED at the top of the screen flashes once, then pauses & then again 3 times.

I decided to perform another Hard Reboot & again the device turned off & never came back up. 25 Minutes later, the Powered by Android Splash Screen came back up & the device is still connected to power.

When the device is not connected to power, the device will not power on. I have held down the power button for up to 2 minutes with no luck.

I start searching the forums again & found an article that explains how to get into the Boot Loader Menu, thinking if I can get into the Boot Loader, I can reload it.

Unfortunately I cannot get into the Boot Loader by any means.

Did more digging & people who used the BlackBerry Priv experienced an issue similar to this, they all claimed it was a corrupted boot loader. How can I get back into the Boot Loader? Does anyone have the correct software & boot loader for my BBB100-7?

When attempting to perform the Flashall Nowipe. The phone isn't detected.

Has anyone experienced this problem with the KEYone?

My KEYone was Manufactured by a BlackBerry Partner in Indonesia named BB Merah Putih. I have contacted them via their Contact Page, however 24 hours & no responses.

I absolutely love this phone & having to switch back to my Galaxy S6 is seriously painful.

Someone please help me!
    There is a backup bootload. Power button and UP volume - from device off.

If you can't tell whether the device is actually off or not, let it discharge fully.
    12-10-18 12:41 PM
    Hi Conite,

Since the device is so badly damaged in regards to the booting. There's no way I'll be able to disable the Password/Fingerprint.

Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks
    12-10-18 01:00 PM
    Ok, got much further than I have previously.

Right now my Device is being recognized by my Windows 10 PC. Currently the device is sitting at a screen which gives me multiple options.

1: Barcodes
    2: Continue the Bootup.
    3: Reboot into fastboot.
    4: Turn off the device.

I scrolled down to option 3 & hit the power button to apply but nothing happens. It's just sitting with a Red Arrow on that option.

When I attempted to run the Batch File. Everything fails.

See attached images, any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong? Is my device so corrupted that I need to wipe it?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-failed.jpg   AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-failed-2.jpg  
    12-10-18 02:12 PM
    See attached images, any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong? Is my device so corrupted that I need to wipe it?
    Were you able to remove the password and fingerprint?
    12-10-18 02:21 PM
    Attached is an image of what I see on the BlackBerry screen. It will not allow me to go up or down, not sure if this means FastBoot is enabled or not.

PC recognizes the device but now batch file won't load.
    Attached Thumbnails AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-splash-screen.jpg   AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-admin-command-prompt.jpg  
    12-10-18 03:51 PM
    Hi Conite,

Since the device is so badly damaged in regards to the booting. There's no way I'll be able to disable the Password/Fingerprint.

Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks
    If you can't remove the passwords, then you need to use the Mobile Upgrade Tool instead.
    12-10-18 04:04 PM
    Can you point me in the direction of the latest version?

Thanks
    12-10-18 04:06 PM
    I did some digging & found the "Mobile Upgrade Q 5.1.8" is this the tool you're referring to?

If so, I start the application go through the process & tried to upgrade the phone, it got to scanning mobile device at 5% and then stopped.

Someone point me in the right direction, I am dying to get back to my BB.
    12-11-18 11:02 AM
    I did some digging & found the "Mobile Upgrade Q 5.1.8" is this the tool you're referring to?

If so, I start the application go through the process & tried to upgrade the phone, it got to scanning mobile device at 5% and then stopped.

Someone point me in the right direction, I am dying to get back to my BB.
    You have the device in fastboot mode?

Try another cable or port.
    12-11-18 11:26 AM
    I did have the device in fast boot.

Just to confirm, when the device is in fast boot mode it should be displaying the backup bootloader, correct?

The attached screenshot is what I see when I am successfully able to get to the bootloader.

ThanksAAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-20181210_163826.jpeg
    12-11-18 11:40 AM
    I did have the device in fast boot.

Just to confirm, when the device is in fast boot mode it should be displaying the backup bootloader, correct?

The attached screenshot is what I see when I am successfully able to get to the bootloader.

Thanks
    Yes, perfect.

If the Tool is stopping early, you have a connection problem. It's likely NOT the device.
    12-11-18 11:44 AM
    OK great. I think I am going to try an entirely different PC.

Will let you know results!
    12-11-18 11:45 AM
    OK great. I think I am going to try an entirely different PC.

Will let you know results!
    You have the USB driver installed, right?

https://blackberrymobile.com/support...kberry-driver/
    12-11-18 11:46 AM
    I did, one other thing to mention. I installed the blackberry link software.

Could this be causing an issue?
    12-11-18 11:48 AM
    I did, one other thing to mention. I installed the blackberry link software.

Could this be causing an issue?
    No need for Link. If you don't need it, obliterate it, along with Blend and the packaged drivers.
    12-11-18 12:04 PM
    Alright. Going to try on another pc, jut installed the upgrade tool and the x64 drivers that come with it.

Phone is sitting in it's dormant state with the LED illuminated.

Normally takes about 15 minutes to get to the backup boot loader.

AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-1544551981277.jpeg
    12-11-18 12:13 PM
    Ok, definitely got much further this time with the Mobile Upgrade Tool.

It recognized the device & pulled down the Firmware which I was originally running for the Indonesian version.

However when the Mobile Upgrade Tool attempted to initialize, it failed.

See attached screenshots & logs.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails AAY819 Universal Autoloader (May 2018 patch)-mobile-upgrade-tool-failure.jpg  
    Attached Files
    12-11-18 01:47 PM
    Any thoughts on this?
    12-11-18 05:15 PM
    Any thoughts on this?
    Ultimately you may have a hardware fault of some kind.

If you've tried another cable, port, and computer, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    12-11-18 05:29 PM
    OK so one thing I forgot to mention, my device is encrypted with the blackberry built in encryption and it has secureboot enabled.

Is it possible that the secure boot has locked the partition hence the write failures?

The fact that both the mobile upgrade tool and the flashall.bat file is getting okays when reading the device leads me to believe this is not a hardware fault rather an encryption problem..

Thoughts?
    12-14-18 04:39 PM
    OK so one thing I forgot to mention, my device is encrypted with the blackberry built in encryption and it has secureboot enabled.

Is it possible that the secure boot has locked the partition hence the write failures?

The fact that both the mobile upgrade tool and the flashall.bat file is getting okays when reading the device leads me to believe this is not a hardware fault rather an encryption problem..

Thoughts?
    The tool can push through a password.
    12-14-18 04:47 PM
    Can anyone post the file again please? Neither of the links work for me.

Thanks,

Nick
    04-01-19 06:48 AM
    Can anyone post the file again please? Neither of the links work for me.

Thanks,

Nick
    No need. The version has been superseded.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1166322/
    04-01-19 07:48 AM
    Thanks, but I need to downgrade. I know its inadvisable but Oreo will not play nicely with my Fitbit Versa.
    04-01-19 09:09 AM
    Thanks, but I need to downgrade. I know its inadvisable but Oreo will not play nicely with my Fitbit Versa.
    You won't be able to go back that far without bricking the device.
    04-01-19 09:29 AM
153 ... 4567