BBB100-1, hardware version 05, locked to Rogers Wireless. I had fully working WiFi calling and texting on the previous 2-3 updates (Feb-Apr 2018), but on the AAY819 (May 5) update, I no longer have any WiFi calling or texting.

It was never officially supported by Rogers, but by activating your phone number at the Rogers WiFi Calling website, it worked fine (even though there were no WiFi calling menu options in network settings or dialer). I know it worked because I was able to force WiFi calling/texting by enabling airplane mode, then turning on only the WiFi. The mobile radio antenna would remain off, and the dialer button showed the WiFi+phone icon instead of just the phone icon, and I've made phone calls and have sent&received texts in this mode.

Can anyone verify if Rogers disabled WiFi calling in the most recent update, or know how to re-enable it? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by StanVanDam; 06-11-18 at 06:49 PM.
    06-11-18 04:55 PM
    Here is one of many threads in the subject; you may not have WiFi at all:

/blackberry-keyone-f445/wifi-stops-5ghz-network-using-bbb100-1-after-aaw377-1140393/
    06-11-18 05:53 PM
    In that thread, I posted the solution on April 9 and using that solution, I haven't had any connection issues on 2.4GHz WiFi.

The problem I am referring to in this thread is related to the feature called WiFi Calling, which requires interoperability between the carrier and the handset's carrier-specific firmware, and is also dependent on the handset's IMEI registration with the carrier, and maybe even service books or other configuration data pushed to the phone by the carrier. The secret menu *#*#46368676#*#* under Phone Info
    has always shown WiFi Calling Provisioned = OFF, even when manually toggled on, it will switch to off. However, when WiFi Calling was working for all of February, March, and April, that field behaved the same way.
    06-11-18 06:48 PM
    In that thread, I posted the solution on April 9 and using that solution, I haven't had any connection issues on 2.4GHz WiFi.

The problem I am referring to in this thread is related to the feature called WiFi Calling, which requires interoperability between the carrier and the handset's carrier-specific firmware, and is also dependent on the handset's IMEI registration with the carrier, and maybe even service books or other configuration data pushed to the phone by the carrier. The secret menu *#*#46368676#*#* under Phone Info
    has always shown WiFi Calling Provisioned = OFF, even when manually toggled on, it will switch to off. However, when WiFi Calling was working for all of February, March, and April, that field behaved the same way.
    You are right, I had WiFi calling through 2 updates and then it suddenly disappeared. I did however, have the menu as to how to enable it. WiFi preferred, cell preferred, etc. Alas, it just stopped working one day and I allowed an update and now gone forever. Maybe if we get an autoloader again with WiFi calling it will come back.
    06-11-18 07:36 PM
    I noticed this issue and reported it in the AAY819 thread. I had been using that December OTA where many Rogers customers mentioned the Wifi Calling option was present plus the icon. I do not have the Icon in the top left hand corner anymore but when I am on wifi that supports it - it appears to be working. It does not show the WIFI calling icon/mode anymore. I noticed it within dialer when I made a call, saying somthing like wifi calling. My rogers bill has also indicated wifi calls, so it must be working with this update. Try it out and report back!
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-11-18 10:34 PM
    I noticed this issue and reported it in the AAY819 thread. I had been using that December OTA where many Rogers customers mentioned the Wifi Calling option was present plus the icon. I do not have the Icon in the top left hand corner anymore but when I am on wifi that supports it - it appears to be working. It does not show the WIFI calling icon/mode anymore. I noticed it within dialer when I made a call, saying somthing like wifi calling. My rogers bill has also indicated wifi calls, so it must be working with this update. Try it out and report back!
    Wow, wow, wow. I just tried a call with airplane mode turned on and it worked. Awesome! Thank you
    wormycoolness likes this.
    06-11-18 10:46 PM
    Wow, wow, wow. I just tried a call with airplane mode turned on and it worked. Awesome! Thank you
    Your welcome! Always glad to help out on here!
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-11-18 10:51 PM
    I can't believe I spent all this time thinking I couldn't make or receive calls or texts from home. Much gratitude
    06-11-18 10:53 PM
    I can't believe yours works now and mine doesn't! Mine has been working just fine for the past few months until this recent update. In fact, when it was working prior to this update, if I was NOT in airplane mode AND connected to WiFi, it would default to using WiFi to receive incoming calls and to send outgoing calls, so I didn't even have to use Airplane Mode + Enable WiFi to get it to work.

Now when I use Airplane Mode + Enable WiFi, I get a message saying to disable airplane mode to make calls, so something is in my provisioning or firmware that blocks WiFi Calling.

I wonder why your Rogers KEYones still have WiFi Calling and mine doesn't. Are yours unlocked?

Anyone working in wireless/mobility departments of a telecom know how to get WiFi Calling enabled on Rogers, with the Rogers version of the AAY819 update that was auto-pushed to a Rogers-locked BBB100-1?
    06-11-18 11:21 PM
    Hi, yes mine is unlocked, but from Rogers and using on Fido. I actually thought I had lost WiFi until tonight. I turned on airplane mode, turned WiFi back on and made a call to my landline and it worked. I sent out a few texts and they went, but haven't received any back yet.
    Last edited by OriginalLucy; 06-12-18 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Incorrect steps
    06-11-18 11:30 PM
    That's good to know. Rogers' own website for WiFi Calling says that WiFi Calling is only supported on phones locked to Rogers, and only certain phones. Also, the MyRogers App has a device support FAQ, and in there, it clearly says the KEYone does NOT support WiFi Calling.

Two different online webchat tech support people told me (in Feb/Mar 2018) that unlocked/non-Rogers phones with non-Rogers firmware that have WiFi-Calling enabled should be able to use WiFi Calling on the Rogers network. I told them it was rediculous that I need to buy another carrier's phone and unlock it to get this feature on Rogers' own network, especially when Rogers themselves say it is only supported on phones locked to Rogers. Doesn't make sense that they need me to buy from a non-Rogers carrier to get a feature to work on the Rogers network.

They also said that Rogers and Blackberry had not agreed on an implementation to fully support the feature and therefore it isn't supported by Rogers, and that no one with a Rogers-locked KEYone should have WiFi Calling functionality when on the Rogers network. My gripe is that it was working fantastically fine on the prior 2 updates and now it isn't..
    06-11-18 11:41 PM
    That's good to know. Rogers' own website for WiFi Calling says that WiFi Calling is only supported on phones locked to Rogers, and only certain phones. Also, the MyRogers App has a device support FAQ, and in there, it clearly says the KEYone does NOT support WiFi Calling.

Two different online webchat tech support people told me (in Feb/Mar 2018) that unlocked/non-Rogers phones with non-Rogers firmware that have WiFi-Calling enabled should be able to use WiFi Calling on the Rogers network. I told them it was rediculous that I need to buy another carrier's phone and unlock it to get this feature on Rogers' own network, especially when Rogers themselves say it is only supported on phones locked to Rogers. Doesn't make sense that they need me to buy from a non-Rogers carrier to get a feature to work on the Rogers network.

They also said that Rogers and Blackberry had not agreed on an implementation to fully support the feature and therefore it isn't supported by Rogers, and that no one with a Rogers-locked KEYone should have WiFi Calling functionality when on the Rogers network. My gripe is that it was working fantastically fine on the prior 2 updates and now it isn't..
    That's strange. Is your warranty almost over? Would you feel comfortable manually loading AAY819 from the thread here using a PC? I suspect it will work.
    06-12-18 06:58 AM
    I've been begging for Rogers WiFi calling for a few years. Can someone post a step-by-step procedure that they followed to make it work?
    06-12-18 09:04 AM
    ...I enter my number in the Get Verification Code site and no code is ever received.
    06-12-18 10:40 AM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is from Rogers and the box it came in says unlocked, as they can no longer lock phones exclusively to their network. I had a friend get it for me for his upgrade that he wasn't going to use. I'm on Fido, and I initially loaded an autoloader that gave me WiFi calling. After a month, I put an autoloader on that would put me back on track to get OTA updates. I guess I never lost WiFi calling, just the icons and menu.
    06-12-18 10:56 AM
    ...I enter my number in the Get Verification Code site and no code is ever received.
    I did this part many months ago, but I believe I had to tap the "re-send" the verification code. I think I got an email confirmation the next day. I would recommend downloading the December autoloader (don't remember the XXX###) which has a perfectly functioning Wifi Calling menu option present for Rogers KeyOne's.
    06-12-18 08:02 PM
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is from Rogers and the box it came in says unlocked, as they can no longer lock phones exclusively to their network. I had a friend get it for me for his upgrade that he wasn't going to use. I'm on Fido, and I initially loaded an autoloader that gave me WiFi calling. After a month, I put an autoloader on that would put me back on track to get OTA updates. I guess I never lost WiFi calling, just the icons and menu.
    Ahh that's interesting. I've kept off track with my Rogers proper updates. Watched for the thread here to get each month's autoloader. Once you do the autoloader once, its a very pain free process. Thanks for sharing your experience!
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-12-18 08:04 PM
    AAR 970 was the autoloader that gave me WiFi calling initially, then about a month after I used another autoloader that put me back on track for OTA updates from Rogers. Until now, I assumed that I had lost WiFi calling.
    06-12-18 10:19 PM
    OriginalLucy: WiFi calling is carrier-specific, and while Fido is owned by Rogers, they are still separate carriers and receive different provisioning settings. If I switch to Fido, AT&T, Verizon, etc, I will likely be able to make WiFi calls. In fact, I might just pop in an active Fido SIM to quickly test this.

I went through my call logs, and Feb25 was my first Rogers WiFi Call sent or received, and April 24 was the last WiFi Call sent or received, meaning that the Rogers OTA firmware between Feb25 and Apr24 supported WiFi Calling. All of my updates have been exclusively over the air via Rogers.

I received the AAT498 firmware on January 29 or 30, and Rogers WiFi Calling definitely worked on AAT498, since I made and received WiFi Calls on Feb25.

I received the Mar AAV119 firmware on March 5 10:45am Eastern after a manual update check, and WiFi Calling still worked, receiving and sending.

I received the Apr AAW377 firmware on April 8 or 1-2 days after, and even with the WiFi problem that I reported the "fix" for at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aw377-1140393/, as long as I was connected to any WiFi (had to use 2.4GHz networks to stay connected), WiFi Calling still worked.

I received the ~400MB AAY819 firmware around May31, and this is when WiFi Calling stopped working. I received the 17MB ABA676 pre-Oreo maintenance update around June 14, and WiFi Calling is still not available.

*#837837# aka *#TESTER# shows BBB100-1, PRD-63116-005. Update paths at https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    06-17-18 02:55 PM
    I actually never had WiFi calling through Fido until I loaded that 970 In January. I called Fido to provision my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and they said it wasn't possible. I put the autoloader on and was able to get it though the Rogers website. So, not sure why you are having problems. Also, I did notice that it doesn't work over the 5g WiFi as you mentioned.
    Last edited by OriginalLucy; 06-20-18 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Correction
    06-20-18 12:08 PM
    OriginalLucy: WiFi calling is carrier-specific, and while Fido is owned by Rogers, they are still separate carriers and receive different provisioning settings. If I switch to Fido, AT&T, Verizon, etc, I will likely be able to make WiFi calls. In fact, I might just pop in an active Fido SIM to quickly test this.

I went through my call logs, and Feb25 was my first Rogers WiFi Call sent or received, and April 24 was the last WiFi Call sent or received, meaning that the Rogers OTA firmware between Feb25 and Apr24 supported WiFi Calling. All of my updates have been exclusively over the air via Rogers.

I received the AAT498 firmware on January 29 or 30, and Rogers WiFi Calling definitely worked on AAT498, since I made and received WiFi Calls on Feb25.

I received the Mar AAV119 firmware on March 5 10:45am Eastern after a manual update check, and WiFi Calling still worked, receiving and sending.

I received the Apr AAW377 firmware on April 8 or 1-2 days after, and even with the WiFi problem that I reported the "fix" for at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aw377-1140393/, as long as I was connected to any WiFi (had to use 2.4GHz networks to stay connected), WiFi Calling still worked.

I received the ~400MB AAY819 firmware around May31, and this is when WiFi Calling stopped working. I received the 17MB ABA676 pre-Oreo maintenance update around June 14, and WiFi Calling is still not available.

*#837837# aka *#TESTER# shows BBB100-1, PRD-63116-005. Update paths at https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    The alternative carriers you mention (AT&T, VZ) do not have a method to enable wifi calling with a device that originated off network.

There are a couple workarounds with VZ that circumvent compatibility enforcement of device and biller provisioning.

Others have reported success getting certain advanced services on AT&T, but there is presently no method to enable wifi calling on any BlackBerry device, even if purchased from AT&T.
    06-20-18 12:38 PM
    The alternative carriers you mention (AT&T, VZ) do not have a method to enable wifi calling with a device that originated off network.

There are a couple workarounds with VZ that circumvent compatibility enforcement of device and biller provisioning.

Others have reported success getting certain advanced services on AT&T, but there is presently no method to enable wifi calling on any BlackBerry device, even if purchased from AT&T.
    I can verify no KEYone wifi calling on AT&T with even their own model.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-18 05:57 PM
    WiFi calling coming to Rogers Wireless customers on June 28th update with Oreo. Hopefully it works.
    06-23-18 01:32 PM
    Sometime between June 17 and June 19, WiFi Calling was re-enabled on my phone.

On June 17, after a Rogers Tech Support online chat agent recommended that I write the Office of the President, I did, and someone got back to me that night (first and second level online chat both told me KEYone did not support WiFi Calling, and I told them I have my Rogers cell phone bills that show that I made and received WiFi Calls over the past few months, to which they were dumbfounded..)

Anyway, I was in the middle of travelling and was only able to tell the tech manager that called me that I was on a Rogers-locked phone on the latest Rogers ABA676 firmware - nothing else further was communicated, he didn't tell me he would send me new provisioning or anything like that, he only said he would look into it further.

I was offline for the next few days, and turned my phone on in China, which picked China Telecom or something similar as the roaming partner. Either before I left Canadian airspace or when I connected briefly to a mobile network in China, my phone received provisioning that re-enabled WiFi Calling. For the next 5-8 days in China and Taiwan, my phone was in Airplane Mode but with WiFi enabled, and I was able to send&receive calls&texts via WiFi Calling.

Therefore, I can confirm that I have had WiFi Calling enabled on my Rogers-locked KEYone BBB100-1, Hardware Version 05, PRD-63116-005, firmware ABA676, every day between June 19 and today (July 6), and it works without having to force the phone into Airplane Mode first (as I had to do before). However, as before, I have no settings or menu options relating to WiFi Calling anywhere, and the secret Phone Info menu *#*#46368676#*#* still shows WiFi Calling Provisioned = OFF, even though it works. I suspect this is why I can't see the WiFi Calling settings menus.

Hopefully it continues to work after this week's Oreo update, and that the proper settings menus for WiFi Calling will be enabled since the Rogers Oreo update states that WiFi Calling will be officially supported (whereas it is currently not officially supported).
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    07-06-18 12:38 PM