I think it was mention some where that now we can scan business cards in the camera app.
    01-24-18 09:33 AM
    My update just came for factory unlocked BE 64/4 PRD-63116-039, 98.2 MB, in Alberta.
    Last edited by Wrec; 01-24-18 at 10:35 AM.
    01-24-18 10:19 AM
    I think it was mention some where that now we can scan business cards in the camera app.
    I was able to do this on the December patch. This version had no new features that I can find. I already had Locker, the new convenience key features, and "Tap-to-answer" calls on space key.
    01-24-18 10:50 AM
    How can we tell what type of unlock we have? Also, can we factory unlock an unlocked phone from a carrier? My phone is unlocked from Rogers. Thanks,
    01-24-18 11:17 AM
    How can we tell what type of unlock we have? Also, can we factory unlock an unlocked phone from a carrier? My phone is unlocked from Rogers. Thanks,
    If you bought it from a carrier then it's not the factory unlocked model.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-24-18 11:18 AM
    OK, thanks for the info. So, is it possible to perform a factory unlock?
    01-24-18 11:33 AM
    My Black Edition just got it. quite small at 98 MB.
    01-24-18 11:33 AM
    Security patches always appreciated. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is still on July 2017. Not bad for a $1100 tablet. Ugh.....
    Attached Thumbnails AAT166 Update Just Received BBB100-1 NA Unlocked-38275.jpg  
    01-24-18 11:34 AM
    OK, thanks for the info. So, is it possible to perform a factory unlock?
    Not possible.
    01-24-18 11:51 AM
    Well that's a shame. Thanks,
    01-24-18 11:59 AM
    Just got it as well on the unlocked Black SE on Rogers Wireless today!
    01-24-18 01:33 PM
    Hit my Factory Unlocked Silver from Amazon, bought May 2017, delivered June 2017... 98.2 MB... 11:15 AM-ish PST...
    01-24-18 02:17 PM
    I am going to rant about Bell for a second. I purchased the key one from them, unlocked it and have been getting sketchy updates, certainly not monthly like many others. I tweeted their support a few days ago asking where was the January update and they spoke about the android OS instead. Then they said oh as it came out 17th january. I spotted in another thread Conite mentioned it was released yesterday but not ota as yet. Today I called bell support I was told because I am not a bell customer I wouldn't get the update!!!! FFS really? I hung up as I could not be bothered with arguing with him. I will sit and wait calmly and collectively for the update like a good crackberry boy
    Last edited by keefrto; 01-24-18 at 03:33 PM.
    01-24-18 03:06 PM
    I am going to rant about Bell for a second. I purchased the key one from them, unlocked it and have been getting sketchy updates, certainly not monthly like many others. I tweeted their support a few days ago asking where was the January update and they spoke about the android OS instead. Then they said oh as it came out 17th january. I spotted in another thread Content mentioned it was released yesterday but not oat as yet. Today I called bell support I was told because I am not a bell customer I wouldn't get the update!!!! FFS really? I hung up as I could not be bothered with arguing with him. I will sit and wait calmly and collectively for the update like a good crackberry boy
    I feel bad for you. Why bother calling a carrier for support on a BlackBerry is just silly I have found historically. I once told a rep at Rogers that my next course of action was to call Cuisinart support as they would likely be in a far better position to help me with my BlackBerry than those bumbling incompetents they call 'technical support'. Because in reality they are 'technically' no real form of support at all. Sorry you had to go through that.
    keefrto and FF22 like this.
    01-24-18 03:19 PM
    there certainly feels like little support for TCL, BB Mobile and devices given the level of poor support I have encountered.
    01-24-18 03:35 PM
    there certainly feels like little support for TCL, BB Mobile and devices given the level of poor support I have encountered.
    Honestly, just take a deep breath and try not to worry about it. There is nothing you can do about it anyway. Bell will release when they release.

You can always jump on autoloaders if you're impatient.

But the Canadian carrier updates are on the servers and coming soon. Worst case is you have to pop in a Bell SIM.
    keefrto likes this.
    01-24-18 03:57 PM
    I am going to rant about Bell for a second. I purchased the key one from them, unlocked it and have been getting sketchy updates, certainly not monthly like many others. I tweeted their support a few days ago asking where was the January update and they spoke about the android OS instead. Then they said oh as it came out 17th january. I spotted in another thread Conite mentioned it was released yesterday but not ota as yet. Today I called bell support I was told because I am not a bell customer I wouldn't get the update!!!! FFS really? I hung up as I could not be bothered with arguing with him. I will sit and wait calmly and collectively for the update like a good crackberry boy
    I'm not sure about the unlocking laws and so forth in Canada. What I'm familiar with is carrier unlocked devices versus factory unlocked devices. I purchased AT&T carrier locked KEYone. I can unlock it so it's status will change to carrier unlocked. It will never be the same as factory unlocked.

If tomorrow, I switched my device and signed up with T-Mobile, I'll be able to use my carrier unlocked device on their network. I won't get updates from T-Mobile because my updates are different version and come from AT&T. Since I'm not with AT&T, I don't get update.

I believe you need active Bell SIM in your phone to get your updates as you're only carrier unlocked. Next time, buy your phone direct, factory unlocked if updates matter to you over the other aspects of buying a phone.

With all the service issues that BBMo/TCL were having at launch, waiting and buying through carrier worth trade-off for now for me.
    keefrto likes this.
    01-24-18 04:01 PM
    I firmly believe that there is a huge amount of blackberry love out there and a similar amount of frustration when carriers have employees appear to have very limited knowledge of the key one etc. We can go on about well all carriers have employees who are misinformed but lets stop for a second and think. If this was my business and I had a contract with say Bell to sell my product I expect the support to be excellent. If not then I am losing business. Accountability is sorely lacking and i hope TLC are aware and are going to address the inconsistencies surrounding carriers and their support of a great product. Thankfully I am old enough in the tooth to of course wait and curb my excitement to get the updates, I do expect others (carriers) to hold up their end of the bargain. If you say you are going to do it then do it. If you tell me you cannot do it, then that's fine too! At least I know.
    01-24-18 04:30 PM
    I firmly believe that there is a huge amount of blackberry love out there and a similar amount of frustration when carriers have employees appear to have very limited knowledge of the key one etc. We can go on about well all carriers have employees who are misinformed but lets stop for a second and think. If this was my business and I had a contract with say Bell to sell my product I expect the support to be excellent. If not then I am losing business. Accountability is sorely lacking and i hope TLC are aware and are going to address the inconsistencies surrounding carriers and their support of a great product. Thankfully I am old enough in the tooth to of course wait and curb my excitement to get the updates, I do expect others (carriers) to hold up their end of the bargain. If you say you are going to do it then do it. If you tell me you cannot do it, then that's fine too! At least I know.
    To be frank, from my experience as a new BB owner is that the phone is small potatoes compared to the Samsung and Apple big hitters. they can try to move a phone that most think is for business only or surprised it still exists; or sell 10 iphones to people that want the latest gadget .. oh and its a limited color! haha.

There is a ton of support on this board. Maybe you should consider using the posted autoloaders to avoid Bell moving forward. Good luck with your KEYone!
    01-24-18 10:38 PM
    the yup you are right we are small fish for sure. alas I cannot use the autoloaders as I switched to all chrome oiks and work won't take to kindly me downloading stuff. I will look at any of my colleagues and investigate the autoloader route. I did in the past and it was great however are there more or less the same risks with these autoloaders as the old bb10 ones?
    01-25-18 09:32 AM
    nada for my BE factory unlocked running on the fastest network known to Man and martians here in Texas
    01-25-18 10:12 AM
    I had to get a replacement because of my screen lift so now I'm stuck on AAO750, apparent that's the last AT&T update. I purchased my Keyone via Amazon. It was unlocked and I had the usual updates on time but I've been stuck for the the couple months now. According to that update map, my device hasn't changed at all.

That being said I'm wondering if I should download the update and install it or if I should make another claim on my device. Outside the screen lift I had all the beta updates (I still do) as well as the patches and OS updates as they came out for everyone else.

What do you all think I should do?

I'm in Kansas City running 7.1.1, September 5th, 2017 patch. BBB100-1 on T-Mobile.
    01-26-18 01:43 AM
    I had to get a replacement because of my screen lift so now I'm stuck on AAO750, apparent that's the last AT&T update. I purchased my Keyone via Amazon. It was unlocked and I had the usual updates on time but I've been stuck for the the couple months now. According to that update map, my device hasn't changed at all.

That being said I'm wondering if I should download the update and install it or if I should make another claim on my device. Outside the screen lift I had all the beta updates (I still do) as well as the patches and OS updates as they came out for everyone else.

I'm in Kansas City running 7.1.1, September 5th, 2017 patch. BBB100-1 on T-Mobile.
    The AT&T KEYone is a special case; it uses its own update mechanism rather than TCL's, so that's why nothing is showing up on the update monitor site. If TCL, in their infinite wisdom, sent you the AT&T model to replace an unlocked device, then you'd have to jump from update to update in order to get onto the latest.

However, if TCL, for whatever reason, sent you a normal KEYone with the AT&T software on it, you might be able to get things back to normal by reloading the device software with this tool.
    GPuba likes this.
    01-26-18 02:39 AM
    Your device is still locked as far as updates are concerned.
    Exactly. Mine is the BBB 100-3 (the Verizon compatible one), but since Verizon doesn't carry it, mine is truly unlocked.

I DO have the Jan security patch.
    01-26-18 05:37 AM

I had the same issue, for.my story was exactly the same as yours. Since I had a BBB 100-3 (the Verizon optimized device, and thus a "normal" unlocked KeyOne), I backed up my phone, used the mobile upgrade tool which Thurask posted a link for sometime ago, which gave me the proper OS for my phone with the corresponding Dec security patch, then two days later I got the OTA for the January patch.

It will change your device from uncertified to certified, and then your device will begin to receive the OTA updates as they are available.
    Last edited by GPuba; 01-26-18 at 05:59 AM.
    01-26-18 05:44 AM
88 1234