not gonna lie i can see why they increased the ram from 3 gigs to 4 gigs. In South Korea you have to install and use A LOT of unnecessary apps and most of them are not optimized at all so they use up a lot of ram. And browsing korean web pages are nightmare. So I can justify the spec bump forsure. But I damn now im debating If I should sell my current keyone Im using in Korea and buy the all black one....
    06-15-17 03:09 AM
    Makes me laugh that people are clamoring for all black K1. I remember after the Q10 launched everyone was complaining about the all black and wanted more bling with the silver band like the 9900.

Personally I think the silver/black combo on the K1 looks nice, and looks most recognizable as a BlackBerry from the branding perspective. Haven't seen one in person yet though.

 C L A S S I C
    It looks even better in person. :-)
    06-15-17 07:39 AM
    This is far from an official announcement. And even if there is an all-black one in the works, considering how long it took for the K1 to come out and how they are still struggling to meet demand for just one silver model, I reckon we are talking end of year before we even see a different variant.
    06-15-17 10:46 AM
    I think that a white version would sell well. Samsung, iPhone and Pixel have very popular white versions.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 01:20 AM
    9780 was the best phone i have owned. From bb.
    Agreed! For me as well.
    06-16-17 04:32 AM
    These days a smartphone with 128GB internal storage, support for 256GB microSD cards, and 8GB RAM should be the norm although device manufacturers would have to stop the needless yearly release of new models so their smartphones would have to be built to last at least 5 years.
    phuoc and kbz1960 like this.
    06-17-17 06:10 AM
    These days a smartphone with 128GB internal storage, support for 256GB microSD cards, and 8GB RAM should be the norm although device manufacturers would have to stop the needless yearly release of new models so their smartphones would have to be built to last at least 5 years.
    But the built-in battery won't last 5 years, lol. They definitely don't want their phones lasting 5 years simply from a financial stand-point.

This is true for a lot of things. The air conditioning unit in my house is about 24 years old. I needed a new capacitor for it because it finally did give way and got it from a local a/c guy. He told me, whatever I do, don't switch it out for one of these newer units no matter how much they claim they are "more efficient" because they are all a scam, they all break within 10 years so you'll have to buy a new one, no new unit would last 24 years like mine has because they literally "don't build them like that anymore." I never had any coolant leaks, both outside and inside fan motors still run strong and without excessive noise, etc. Same with my microwave. My over the range microwave is the original from the house, 24 years old. Still running strong. I once bought a new countertop microwave because it was bigger and had fancier features made by Samsung, and it broke in 2 years...

Older cell phones would last forever, they don't want that to be the case now. The way companies make money now is for you to keep buying replacements from them...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-17-17 08:28 AM
    Slag,
    That's called "built in obsolescence ", typically American :-(
    06-17-17 09:36 AM
    The strategy many consumers employ is to purchase a popular phone or a cheap phone. My $240 cdn Samsung would not rate a new battery repair but we spent $ 65 to replace my wife's iPhone 5 battery.

It might be prudent to purchase a replacement battery and keyboard for your KEYone when they come on the market .
    06-17-17 10:28 AM
    If it were iphone, it would be call K1+ and people would buy it. Would I upgrade if launch in my city? why not.

Even if it's not launched here, I am ok with the current K1. It suits my business' need and it has yet to slow down.

Will I buy K2 with bump up specs? heck yes.

8700, 9700, passport were all good, but should not look back and dwell on the past. Move on and embrace the season. As for now K1 is good to go.
    06-17-17 10:56 AM
    The lady in front of me at Costco was upgrading from a Q10 to an LG. I asked her if she might download the Hub from Google Play and she said no , she did not want a Google Hub. Her husband piped in with " She wants a modern operating system". I did not explain any further.
    06-17-17 03:23 PM
    I have a DTEK60 and miss PKB so bad. Was considering getting a KeyOne but two things stand in my way. This topic is one, the '60 seems to struggle on 4GB ram. I think it's mostly the garbage OS I miss BB10 so much, but can 3GB on KeyOne come close to adequate performance with Nougat and it's SOC? Also, was molesting a demo unit in Rogers Wireless and pulled up a YouTube vid and only one speaker on bottom was producing any noise. Was this just a faulty unit? Speaker volume is important to me. The Q10 was loud as hell with its one little speaker. The Passport's stereo speakers were other worldly. The DTEK60 is too quiet, I like to use a phone as a "boom box" and and the '60 doesn't even compare to my last two Berries. I need to know about speakers is the second hurdle, and I've searched these, and other forums and have been getting conflicting information about KeyOne speakers somebody set me straight. Also black would be sleek but I like silver too.
    06-17-17 08:34 PM
    I have a DTEK60 and miss PKB so bad. Was considering getting a KeyOne but two things stand in my way. This topic is one, the '60 seems to struggle on 4GB ram. I think it's mostly the garbage OS I miss BB10 so much, but 1-can 3GB on KeyOne come close to adequate performance with Nougat and it's SOC? Also, 2-was molesting a demo unit in Rogers Wireless and pulled up a YouTube vid and only one speaker on bottom was producing any noise. Was this just a faulty unit? Speaker volume is important to me. The Q10 was loud as hell with its one little speaker. The Passport's stereo speakers were other worldly. The DTEK60 is too quiet, I like to use a phone as a "boom box" and and the '60 doesn't even compare to my last two Berries. I need to know about speakers is the second hurdle, and I've searched these, and other forums and have been getting conflicting information about KeyOne speakers somebody set me straight. Also black would be sleek but I like silver too.
    1- some say with too many apps open it might slow the device. some say; no problem
    2- only one speaker with keyone. some say it is loud and other find it low.
    3- apparently there is some reception problems for some

here posting what I remember reading. I'm sure some other will chime in.
    look for kevin (CBK) video and flossy carter on you tube
    06-17-17 09:43 PM
    I have a DTEK60 and miss PKB so bad. Was considering getting a KeyOne but two things stand in my way. This topic is one, the '60 seems to struggle on 4GB ram. I think it's mostly the garbage OS I miss BB10 so much, but can 3GB on KeyOne come close to adequate performance with Nougat and it's SOC? Also, was molesting a demo unit in Rogers Wireless and pulled up a YouTube vid and only one speaker on bottom was producing any noise. Was this just a faulty unit? Speaker volume is important to me. The Q10 was loud as hell with its one little speaker. The Passport's stereo speakers were other worldly. The DTEK60 is too quiet, I like to use a phone as a "boom box" and and the '60 doesn't even compare to my last two Berries. I need to know about speakers is the second hurdle, and I've searched these, and other forums and have been getting conflicting information about KeyOne speakers somebody set me straight. Also black would be sleek but I like silver too.
    Only one speaker unfortunately. Mine is pretty loud. Different people have had different experiences with the speed of the phone. Mine is pretty quick, and I *think* it has to do with the fact that I don't have a lot of different social media accounts linked to mine as I only really use facebook. I don't know for sure if that's the differentiator or not though...
    06-17-17 10:29 PM
    Only one speaker unfortunately. Mine is pretty loud. Different people have had different experiences with the speed of the phone. Mine is pretty quick, and I *think* it has to do with the fact that I don't have a lot of different social media accounts linked to mine as I only really use facebook. I don't know for sure if that's the differentiator or not though...
    That is unfortunate. Playing with the demo unit today I thought it felt great in the hands, I like the changes with the Nougat, seemed to perform just fine for my needs... aside from volume. Looks like I'll stay with the whisper quiet DTEK 60 until KeyTwo at least. That is a depressing statement to type, I miss the volume and PKB of my last two phones more than anything else.
    06-17-17 10:43 PM
    I don't think are not building technology not to last, but rather they are cutting corners and designing new devices without bringing over the ideas that made the previous generation technology great and last longer.
    06-18-17 08:02 AM
    They better give it at least a Snapdragon 626 if not a 821 which should be much cheaper right now.
    06-18-17 10:54 AM
    They better give it at least a Snapdragon 626 if not a 821 which should be much cheaper right now.
    I'd be happy if they made sure to glue the screen on, let alone a 821.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 11:22 AM
    I'd be happy if they made sure to glue the screen on, let alone a 821.
    What's this glue you speak of!? Don't you know it's perfect and the people with issues just made them up for no reason whatsoever!

The media has no credibility because I don't like the fact that they go against what I think!

Leave this forum at once with your negativity!
    06-18-17 11:38 AM
    Older cell phones would last forever, they don't want that to be the case now. The way companies make money now is for you to keep buying replacements from them...
    Yet the landfills would benefit from reduced discarded products due to this forced obsolescence. People keep their notebook computers for at least 5 years despite newer models released annually. Why not the same for smartphones if these companies care about the environment as many claim.
    06-18-17 01:50 PM
    Yet the landfills would benefit from reduced discarded products due to this forced obsolescence. People keep their notebook computers for at least 5 years despite newer models released annually. Why not the same for smartphones if these companies care about the environment as many claim.
    All of my Apple and Google products have updated operating systems and are working. Two devices are on their second batteries.
    06-18-17 06:17 PM
    All of my Apple and Google products have updated operating systems and are working. Two devices are on their second batteries.
    Software updates are environmentally friendly. ;-)

When my notebook battery no longer held a charge and batteries became scarce I keep it plugged into an electrical outlet using it as a desktop computer.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-18-17 09:39 PM
    Evidently the battery can be replaced in the BlackBerry KEYone since the back plate can be removed. My experiences is a smartphone battery either barely lasts a year or it lasts for years. My BlackBerry PRIV battery died after a year while my BlackBerry Bold 9700 battery can still be fully charged and used all these years later.
    06-18-17 09:43 PM
    What's this glue you speak of!? Don't you know it's perfect and the people with issues just made them up for no reason whatsoever!

The media has no credibility because I don't like the fact that they go against what I think!

Leave this forum at once with your negativity!
    No, no, you got it wrong, the sarcasm should be: "What do you mean you got one without any issue? They all have the issue and you just don't know it yet. This will affect 100% of the phones and all of you will regret every getting it!"

There, sorry, noticed some errors and had to fix it.
    06-18-17 10:27 PM
    Evidently the battery can be replaced in the BlackBerry KEYone since the back plate can be removed. My experiences is a smartphone battery either barely lasts a year or it lasts for years. My BlackBerry PRIV battery died after a year while my BlackBerry Bold 9700 battery can still be fully charged and used all these years later.
    My mom's Z10 battery started to expand after about a year and had to be replaced, lol.
    06-18-17 10:28 PM
80 1234