Love the device, hate the OS. I went from a Passport to the KEYone. For me the transition was easy. Adapting to the smaller keyboard was much easier than expected. The camera is very good for my purposes as a point and shoot (I'm a photographer with over 35 years experience...not giving up my Nikons). But with rapid shooting, quality, focusing speed....they all seemed very good.

I sometimes find the buttons on the side to get in the way. However, the building quality on this seems good. I dropped it, part of the back plate lifted but went back into place with a guitar pick. And, in my opinion, it's the nicest looking phone on the market. Battery life is very good. Screen is very good. But I am getting some lag which maybe because if apps.

As for the OS.....really not a fan of it. App numbers don't matter to me...app quality does. With BB10, I had a few apps I loved and have now lost, such as BeWeather, BeMaps, and prefer the BB10 apps over Android for GasBuddy, photos and even CrackBerry. They may look better in Android, but I can tell you, I use them significantly less than on BB10.

The Hub isn't too bad but I think it has some lag to it. I never experienced this on my Passport. The navigation buttons on the bottom annoy the hell out of me. Response time lags and often the app for emails has replay etc. and I end up selecting functions because I really wanted to go back etc. Remember, my fingers had no problem adapting to a smaller keyboard.

I should state I'm anti-Google. I found out when I was forced to create a gmail account that they don't accept the following names googleisevil@gmail.com, google8evil or googleissatan.

All in all...the phone is great. I'm getting one for my wife because she loves it.
    FF22, BLAZEDv3 and p51 like this.
    07-14-17 09:50 AM
    Good honest and straight forward review and thanks for sharing it.
    sonicpix likes this.
    07-14-17 11:41 AM
    I

I should state I'm anti-Google. I found out when I was forced to create a gmail account that they don't accept the following names googleisevil@gmail.com, google8evil or googleissatan.

Lol! Good information.

I hear ya. It's not BlackBerry 10. IMO bb10 was the best designed OS ever, that never got app support, but I've moved on and with Nougat, android is more tolerable. I do appreciate the customization of android and the fact it's not Apple. Hate the limitations of iPhone.
    sonicpix likes this.
    07-14-17 12:11 PM
    Nice review, honestly agree with almost everything. I've gotten use to the OS now but the navigation button thing is beyond annoying. I'm hoping a software fix would help.
    sonicpix likes this.
    07-14-17 12:15 PM
    I will be interested in the Keyone in the near future myself. What exactly is so annoying about those navigation buttons?
    07-14-17 12:33 PM
    Gasbuddy sucked on BB10 too can;t ever tell if gas station is along the way or 3 miles back etc. A lot easier to just Google maps and while you are going where you are going just pull up gas stations.

All the other points I concur but if you let it (BB10) go and just use Android, the benefits far out weighs negative OS. BB10 aint going to get better, Android is still better than iOS and can improve.
    07-14-17 12:39 PM
    I will be interested in the Keyone in the near future myself. What exactly is so annoying about those navigation buttons?
    Thanks. When I hit the back button I hit the reply button just above or anything above it. And the navigation buttons require a long press. Might be the hub app. Not sure.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-22-17 11:59 AM
    Gasbuddy sucked on BB10 too can;t ever tell if gas station is along the way or 3 miles back etc. A lot easier to just Google maps and while you are going where you are going just pull up gas stations.

All the other points I concur but if you let it (BB10) go and just use Android, the benefits far out weighs negative OS. BB10 aint going to get better, Android is still better than iOS and can improve.
    My daughter went android well over a year ago. Before I switched she used my passport and said "I miss BlackBerry". Now I know why.

I far prefer gassbuddy on BB10. Simple and easy. I stopped using it on my K1.

07-22-17 12:01 PM
    Just as an FYI....this is the first time I've used the CB app since I posted this thread. Before I was on it at least daily. Still haven't opened GasBuddy since this post.

07-22-17 12:03 PM
    I have untreated pervasive lag fear... I also think BlackBerry devotes all kinda resources to useless BBM and ruined productivity tab while hub sits worsening by the minute... sheesh !!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 12:08 PM
    With BB10, I had a few apps I loved and have now lost, such as BeWeather, BeMaps, and prefer the BB10 apps over Android
    I missed BeWeather too when I moved to the Priv. Try out STORM, it has some cool features and even Environment Canada app is decent.
    sonicpix likes this.
    07-22-17 01:10 PM
    I'm still using BeWeather with the keyone. Did I misunderstand?
    07-22-17 04:41 PM
    Love the device, hate the OS. I went from a Passport to the KEYone. For me the transition was easy. Adapting to the smaller keyboard was much easier than expected. The camera is very good for my purposes as a point and shoot (I'm a photographer with over 35 years experience...not giving up my Nikons). But with rapid shooting, quality, focusing speed....they all seemed very good.

I sometimes find the buttons on the side to get in the way. However, the building quality on this seems good. I dropped it, part of the back plate lifted but went back into place with a guitar pick. And, in my opinion, it's the nicest looking phone on the market. Battery life is very good. Screen is very good. But I am getting some lag which maybe because if apps.

As for the OS.....really not a fan of it. App numbers don't matter to me...app quality does. With BB10, I had a few apps I loved and have now lost, such as BeWeather, BeMaps, and prefer the BB10 apps over Android for GasBuddy, photos and even CrackBerry. They may look better in Android, but I can tell you, I use them significantly less than on BB10.

The Hub isn't too bad but I think it has some lag to it. I never experienced this on my Passport. The navigation buttons on the bottom annoy the hell out of me. Response time lags and often the app for emails has replay etc. and I end up selecting functions because I really wanted to go back etc. Remember, my fingers had no problem adapting to a smaller keyboard.

All in all...the phone is great. I'm getting one for my wife because she loves it.
    I'm with you. Android was a big reason why I returned the device. Really starting to have an appreciation for what BB10 could have been with proper app support....
    07-22-17 05:47 PM
    I'm still using BeWeather with the keyone. Did I misunderstand?
    Actually now that I look, I have it installed too, BeWeather Pro in fact, but I haven't used it in a long time, didn't seem as good as the BB10 version if I recall and the STORM app is terrific in terms of functionality, does everything the others did, plus more, shows the weather fronts, high and low pressure centres, hurricane/typhoon tracking, boating alerts, high fire hazard warnings, etc

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 05:54 PM
    I have untreated pervasive lag fear... I also think BlackBerry devotes all kinda resources to useless BBM and ruined productivity tab while hub sits worsening by the minute... sheesh !!

Posted via CB10
    BBM is now in Emtek hands, not BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-17 06:37 PM
    I left Passport for Keyone. I miss the Passport keyboard. It was great but my thumb joints don't hurt now. One thing that I can't find is the call timer. Does it exist? I have looked everywhere that I can think of.
    07-22-17 10:10 PM
    I left Passport for Keyone. I miss the Passport keyboard. It was great but my thumb joints don't hurt now. One thing that I can't find is the call timer. Does it exist? I have looked everywhere that I can think of.
    *I left Passport for KEYᵒⁿᵉ (ok)
    *I miss the Passport keyboard (ok )
    *It was great but my thumb joints don't hurt now (lost me)
    07-23-17 06:28 AM
    I missed BeWeather too when I moved to the Priv. Try out STORM, it has some cool features and even Environment Canada app is decent.
    Thanks. Trying out now.

07-24-17 11:05 AM
    I'm with you here too. Actually the real reason I'm currently trying to sell mine is...design. Can't get used to it. I find the top part ugly as hell and the general design just completely unappealing (except keyboard). A far cry from the one-of-kind design of the PP.
    08-15-17 10:28 AM