https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...ical-keyboard/

Seems like the reviewer doesn't fully understand how to use a modern BlackBerry keyboard.

"(Returning to a PKB) means saying goodbye to the predictive text inputs, the AI offering you wide margins of error, and the ability to input at speed and let modern computing power sort out the errors."

Did nobody explain to him flick up to accept suggestions and corrections?

Seems no matter how many times BlackBerry or BBMobile tries to inform the public, people just think it's a plain old keyboard.
    Last edited by hjc73734; 05-27-17 at 10:08 AM.
    05-27-17 09:25 AM
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sap/201.../#4ebc22694ebc

Seems like the reviewer doesn't fully understand how to use a modern BlackBerry keyboard.

"(Returning to a PKB) means saying goodbye to the predictive text inputs, the AI offering you wide margins of error, and the ability to input at speed and let modern computing power sort out the errors."

Seems no matter how many times BlackBerry or BBMobile tries to inform the public, people just think it's a plain old keyboard.
    The sad part is BB is to blame for this, they never had a clear direction or advertising. So the Keyone is hamstringed by the same old "blackBerry they still make those or, what's the point". TLC needs to get out front and start pushing the phone, or he we go again.
    05-27-17 09:59 AM
    It all comes down to a matter of personal preference and use case, but many times I prefer not having whatever I type autocorrected. Onscreen keyboards are notorious for having overaggressive autocorrect because it's very easy to tap adjacent letters. With physical keyboards the chance of that happening is a lot less likely so when I type something I actually mean to type it. I don't want software "correcting" me by replacing what I type with what it thinks I wanted to type.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    05-27-17 11:07 AM
    There seems to be a few reviews popping up lately that really make me question whether the reviewers even had or used the phone. There's a lot of basic things they didn't mention or are completely wrong about
    FF22 likes this.
    05-27-17 11:17 AM
    At this point, I guess the cat is out of the bag, regardless some of the poor reviews, the device is popular with the business and semi geek group. The bottle neck would be the execution of NA launch -deliver high quality units in volume user desire (minus 2%, there are always someone with buyers remorse.. slightly short supply would be a good thing). IMHO. Just like tesla.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 12:09 PM
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspe...ical-keyboard/

I dunno ... I thought it was a pretty fair review, especially given the business exec audience. Most of these corp hotshots don't want a lot of detail.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-28-17 12:32 AM
    Been thinking about this keyboard business ... as has been observed elsewhere, using the PKB means you keep full view of the screen. But there's also the ability to scroll around by swiping over the keyboard. Then consider how you can assign actions to key presses. On iPhones and my Lumia I continually get in trouble trying to move around on screen ... I'm hoping that by using the PKB I'll be able to move around and through web pages with a lot fewer unintentional results from errors scrolling and maneuverung around on screen. THAT alone will make me much more efficient.
    05-28-17 01:02 AM
    I dunno ... I thought it was a pretty fair review, especially given the business exec audience. Most of these corp hotshots don't want a lot of detail.
    Everything else was fine except the statement that using a pkb means no suggested text inputs or corrections
    05-28-17 01:04 AM