Got Wtty replacement Keyone (my third) and the bottom silver bar on the PKB is elevated on the left edge (next to the alt key). Will need to order another one. This is a first for a defective PKB. I don't know how this passed quality control. Feel is so obv.
    08-04-17 06:36 PM
    Got Wtty replacement Keyone (my third) and the bottom silver bar on the PKB is elevated on the left edge (next to the alt key). Will need to order another one. This is a first for a defective PKB. I don't know how this passed quality control. Feel is so obv.
    I had a post about this on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as well. Several concluded that it is normal. However, I returned that particular device and my current KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have that flaw.
    08-05-17 12:44 AM
    I had a post about this on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as well. Several concluded that it is normal. However, I returned that particular device and my current KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have that flaw.
    It's not normal and over time it will deteriorate. It's a structural/build flaw in this unit and others like it. Of the 8 positions here the silver bar meets the edge of the frame, only this one protrudes (to the point where you could stick a fingernail under it).
    08-05-17 01:18 AM
    There are soo many defects to look out for on this device! Such a struggle to get a perfect one

I might be going for my third.
    08-05-17 05:39 AM
    There are soo many defects to look out for on this device! Such a struggle to get a perfect one

I might be going for my third.
    I don't have a KEYone yet but, as someone who has been around here a while, this is the EXACT same story as every device released ever!!! The ones who encounter a manufacturing defect always make the most noise. Most people seem quite satisfied with the build quality of their devices but there is always the chance that one could be unlucky.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-17 08:32 AM
    I don't have a KEYone yet but, as someone who has been around here a while, this is the EXACT same story as every device released ever!!! The ones who encounter a manufacturing defect always make the most noise. Most people seem quite satisfied with the build quality of their devices but there is always the chance that one could be unlucky.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

There are also those that don't notice the defect and those that just live with it.
    08-05-17 08:47 AM
    Surprisingly hard for an established manufacturer to get keyboard devices done.
    08-05-17 09:57 AM
    I don't know how this passed quality control.
    They must be drunk
    08-05-17 10:27 AM
    Can you take pics of this issue and post them here before sending the phone back?
    Photos would give a better idea how an issue like that exactly looks like. It would also be helpful for future cases. Thanks.
    Last edited by WT44; 08-05-17 at 03:18 PM.
    08-05-17 02:16 PM
    Lol, I've learnt that many things that are infact defects will be labelled as normal, a non issue or my favourite "affect few people" around here to protect BB.

Could it be that the adhesive used around the K1 is defective and that the Displays are just one area where its greatest hit, but other parts will follow?

This reminds me of why so many OEMs went the glass slab and metal frame route. If it wasn't mushy keys, inconsistent keyboard back lighting, it was dust or water getting into the device, certain keys no longer responding, sticky key bugs etc etc...

A lot of the K1's issues are inherent PKB phone issues.
    hjc73734 likes this.
    08-05-17 02:40 PM