I'm not trying to flame anyone. However when I keep seeing threads about having to go through 3,4,5 phones before getting one that works seems to me quite the amazing feat.

My family have owned Curves, Z10's, Passports, a PRIV and now 2 keyones. Out of these 10 phones we have encountered 1 hardware fault and that was when a Z10 was dropped accidentally and the microphone stopped working.

To hear people going through 4 Keyones is just as much surprising that it was when reading that people went through 4 Passports to get one to their "satisfaction" ?

Is it because I wear a grounded tin foil hat that my phones always seem to work out of the box and continue to do so years later? Should I be buying lottery tickets based on this?
    09-09-17 07:14 PM
    I too wonder the same thing. I've had a lot of cell phones over the years and just had my first defective device.
    09-09-17 07:24 PM
    I don't know the point of this post. I had 3 screens fall out and a bad keyboard. Never had a problem like this with a cellphone before. I love the keyone. And if this one fails I'll have another one sent out. Eventually my bad luck will end.
    09-09-17 07:30 PM
    I don't know the point of this post. I had 3 screens fall out and a bad keyboard. Never had a problem like this with a cellphone before. I love the keyone. And if this one fails I'll have another one sent out. Eventually my bad luck will end.
    I must say that the odds of getting 4 defective phones in 3 months is amazing. I hope the 5th one is the gem!
    09-09-17 08:11 PM
    And perhaps there lies the problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 08:29 PM
    And perhaps there lies the problem.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean?
    09-09-17 08:39 PM
    What do you mean?
    That the devices are on the not so working well side.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 08:47 PM
    That the devices are on the not so working well side.

Posted via CB10
    For me, very true....
    09-09-17 09:02 PM
    For me, very true....
    This is why I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 09:05 PM
    How many threads do you see though that are like that.

You have it backwards, you're not the one who should be buying lottery tickets - it's they (and me lol).

I went through 6 Priv's!

5 playbooks! (all had dead or stuck pixels)

Every single Q10 (6 of them) had double typing eventually!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    09-09-17 09:31 PM
    This is why I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Posted via CB10
    Given the issues that came up early with some screen lifts it is now very safe to say that that issue is well past. Yes I am using my KEYone built on May 10 and I have no issues regardless.
    09-09-17 09:34 PM
    Given the issues that came up early with some screen lifts it is now very safe to say that that issue is well past. Yes I am using my KEYone built on May 10 and I have no issues regardless.
    I am more worried about the reception issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 09:36 PM
    How many threads do you see though that are like that.

You have it backwards, you're not the one who should be buying lottery tickets - it's they (and me lol).

I went through 6 Priv's!

5 playbooks! (all had dead or stuck pixels)

Every single Q10 (6 of them) had double typing eventually!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Well I still have a fleet of PlayBooks that I lend out to seniors who otherwise would not have any access to the Internet and yes they all still work well to great extent given software issues but the hardware keeps on ticking.

6 Priv's? I know I wouldn't even dare to try sell a Volvo to you! LOL
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-17 09:42 PM
    hmm ever think that since blackberry stopped making it's hardware and left it up to tcl a basic capable hardware designer to make your dteks and keyones isn't as good as making hardware as blackberry was?????
    09-09-17 10:09 PM
    There are still people reporting screen lift so I am not sure if the issue is well past. And a few thousands of K1 had been sold before TCL acknowledged the issue and took action - if they ever did. So potentially there will be more.

I take it as it is. There are K1s which having no problem at all and there are those whose screens have lifted or will popped off. There are people who are unfortunate enough to have to replace multiple times. There are people who received replacements with earlier build date which are at higher risk of screen lift.

When @The_Q first reported his K1 screen popping off, he was sort of called a liar. Another member recently reported the logo on the back falling off, he received similar treat. One person even went as far as describing how the logo was part of a metal plate in the back which is not true at all.

Doubt is always there but the basic fact is K1 screen does lift. And being a consumer I place my question, or the amazingness on how TCL has been badly handling warranty claims from people in the UK or EU who make up the highest risk group of customer as they received the earliest lots of K1.

Posted via CB10
    joekiser and evodevo69 like this.
    09-10-17 01:47 AM