Problem is TCL hasn't listed all the frequencies for the phones. They show the LTE Bands, but not the GSM. So it's kinda hard to say how functional they will be in other markets. ....
    The GSM Bands are listed on the Canadian site:
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/specifications.php

Network bands

North America and Latin America
    FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30
    TDD LTE – 38, 39, 40, 41
    (2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/700/700/800/700/2300 MHz)
    HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz) Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific
    FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17 20, 28A
    (2100/1900/1800/2600/900/800/700 MHz)
    TD-LTE 38, 40, B28 (2600/2300/2500 MHz)
    HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/850/900 MHz)
    Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

For some reason, Bands 8 and 13 are missing from this North America list but they are included on the UK and US sites.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-28-17 09:18 AM
    Unless you are Apple or Samsung (and therefore get free press about your upcoming phones) it doesn't make sense to release the phone at the same time as you announce it. You have to build interest through several months of rumors, articles, forum discussions, etc. That way people can start planning their upgrades.
    RK_BB and cbvinh like this.
    04-28-17 09:39 AM
    Unless you are Apple or Samsung (and therefore get free press about your upcoming phones) it doesn't make sense to release the phone at the same time as you announce it. You have to build interest through several months of rumors, articles, forum discussions, etc. That way people can start planning their upgrades.
    What a fresh outlook on things! Thank you
    04-28-17 09:51 AM
    But the May 5th date turned out to be true, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Not really. LOL. All those people that got their devices at Selfridge beg to differ...

But... you get my point...... HAHA

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 10:13 AM
    Makes no sense to me why it is a full month apart from uk and us/Canada.

Blackberry is from Canada so you would think that blackberry would push TCL to have canada first
    30 day exclusivity deal. Similar to the Priv/AT&T.
    04-28-17 10:18 AM
    Not really. LOL. All those people that got their devices at Selfridge beg to differ...

But... you get my point...... HAHA

Posted via CB10
    Well, yes, some people did make that mistake... not me of course, uh, I can never make a mistake THAT dumb... eh hem, anyway, let's change the topic, lol, but there were retailers, think at least one German one, that had the May 5th date even before the tweets. So some people thought that due to the tweets while others thought that due to the retailer showing that date as a release date.

And Selfridges was just one location. I'm saying the phone is getting released elsewhere on May 5th. And then May 31st for us...

04-28-17 10:39 AM
    Just a link for the commies to install Trojan ware on US devices.
    Somebody better tell that to Irv Blumkin.
    04-28-17 11:05 AM
    I just read the announcement again and it says "Telus Business" so I assume non business accounts won't have access to the 2yr upgrade of $199??
    04-28-17 11:19 AM
    I just read the announcement again and it says "Telus Business" so I assume non business accounts won't have access to the 2yr upgrade of $199??
    Or it simply means, yes will will have it, but don't expect to see it on display in every retail kiosk.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 04-28-17 at 07:17 PM.
    04-28-17 11:58 AM
    ...just another month...just another month...just another month....ohmmmm....
    33 days = over a month.
    04-28-17 12:15 PM
    Has anyone received an email from Blackberry about the official release date?

Myself along with several folks I know signed up on the Blackberry website and haven't received anything regarding the K1?

What's the point of having people signing up if they are not going to follow up??
    I signed up in January. Not a peep since then.
    04-28-17 01:05 PM
    Yep, no need to get impatient and stress yourself out in the mean-time, just keep using your phones and when it comes it'll be a happy day. :-)

Exactly...now I'm just wondering where I will buy it from. Hoping just to get it unlocked through shopblackberry or blackberrymobile, etc. I don't want to get it from AT&T. I don't want any carrier hiccups. Want everything straight from the source.
    04-28-17 05:56 PM
    Has anyone received an email from Blackberry about the official release date?
    I put in both my email and my wife's when the web site launched. Did it again a few weeks later. Nothing but silence. Neither of us has ever received any communication. Very disappointing.

SM
    04-28-17 06:18 PM
    Canadian carriers may very well be part of the reason why there's a "delay". Maybe that's when they decided to stock.

To be fair, BlackBerry devices have traditionally been launched in Canada first, yes. But other markets always had to wait too. So this time it's the other way around, so what. I'm glad everyone is really interested in this device and to be impatient is okay. But another month won't kill anybody!
    I don't think it's the Canadian carriers as I believe a couple of them initially tweeted it would be available from the in April.
    04-28-17 06:22 PM
    Why a month later?? What is TCL thinking?? BlackBerry used to be so huge here in America and with the KEYone they had the perfect opportunity to reignite that market. But with the lack of advertising, killing the hype, and now releasing a month later, they're testing the patience of those who were on board since day one. Is the demand THAT great that they're taking their sweet time with this? Un-frikkin-believable.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    What seems unbelievable (to me) is that a very large number of posts seem to reflect little to no knowledge of how things work in the Corporate world.

Keep in mind, while the manufacturers know that we are here....the general public has no idea that Mobile Nations or other websites like this even exist .
    We are very few in numbers in comparison.

So many posts reflect knowing more than the CEO's and others that are actually working in the business. I can't help but wonder why they stay here to post complaints, when these companies would surely welcome someone as knowledgeable as these posters to actually "work" at the corporation of their choice.
    I find THAT Unbelievable!!!

But then I'm not one to complain AND I Don't work.
    04-28-17 08:01 PM
    I don't know why all you guys think BB screw up! Maybe there's just no demand for the device and please... crackberry isnt a good proxy to estimate demand.
    Alain_A and anon(3732391) like this.
    04-28-17 09:38 PM
    What seems unbelievable (to me) is that a very large number of posts seem to reflect little to no knowledge of how things work in the Corporate world.

Keep in mind, while the manufacturers know that we are here....the general public has no idea that Mobile Nations or other websites like this even exist .
    We are very few in numbers in comparison.

So many posts reflect knowing more than the CEO's and others that are actually working in the business. I can't help but wonder why they stay here to post complaints, when these companies would surely welcome someone as knowledgeable as these posters to actually "work" at the corporation of their choice.
    I find THAT Unbelievable!!!

But then I'm not one to complain AND I Don't work.
    If TCL could've released the KEYone on April 27th in UK, they could've also released the phone in other regions around the same date. But a 5 week gap? Yeah, I don't see why that's the case unless there's a crazy big demand for the phone.

anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-28-17 09:54 PM
    If TCL could've released the KEYone on April 27th in UK, they could've also released the phone in other regions around the same date. But a 5 week gap? Yeah, I don't see why that's the case unless there's a crazy big demand for the phone.

"If" and "I don't see why" confirms what I said! Thank you!!
    04-28-17 09:57 PM
    "If" and "I don't see why" confirms what I said! Thank you!!
    Then you're not understanding what the point me and many others on here are making. Seems like you surely know what's going on so go on, do clarify! Not advertisement since the launch event (which was very lame and lack of hype), no news UNTIL the 27th when the phone released and people were already in line for the phone. That's when the news releases about the launch in UK. Then the 5 week gap in releasing in US/Canada. Yeah even a general consumer can see the wrongs of a corporation in that!

megafan2000 likes this.
    04-28-17 10:02 PM

Problem is no US carriers lined up. BlackBerry Mobile, I'm sure would like to be able to announce US carriers, by name, that are on board. Remember, BlackBerry Mobile licensed the BlackBerry name (brand) in order to greatly increase market share outside Asia.

Posted via CB10
    Pinot2015 likes this.
    04-28-17 10:19 PM
    Maybe there's just no demand for the device and please... crackberry isnt a good proxy to estimate demand.
    That must be it.
    04-28-17 10:25 PM
    Then you're not understanding what the point me and many others on here are making. Seems like you surely know what's going on so go on, do clarify! Not advertisement since the launch event (which was very lame and lack of hype), no news UNTIL the 27th when the phone released and people were already in line for the phone. That's when the news releases about the launch in UK. Then the 5 week gap in releasing in US/Canada. Yeah even a general consumer can see the wrongs of a corporation in that!

The "point" you are trying to make is merely speculation .... your personal opinions!!
    If you "could" make the "point" you wouldn't be doing it here on a public forum. You'd be working for the guys who just can't seem to get it right.
    How they ever became CEO's running these large corporations without the help of so many knowledgeable posters is "me not understanding!!
    04-28-17 10:25 PM
    Problem is no US carriers lined up. BlackBerry Mobile, I'm sure would like to be able to announce US carriers, by name, that are on board. Remember, BlackBerry Mobile licensed the BlackBerry name (brand) in order to greatly increase market share outside Asia.

Posted via CB10
    I understand about launching with carriers, but what I'm talking about is the unlocked variant through shopblackberry or BlackBerry Mobile. They could've released that on their shop while the carrier phones start releasing at the end of May.

But I guess it's not really surprising since one thread on here mentioned UK release first back in November. I wanna know why they decided to test the market with such limited units in UK.

04-28-17 10:38 PM
    On the news ticker of CityTV today, it said new BlackBerry KEYone to be available May 11th?!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 10:39 PM
    I understand about launching with carriers, but what I'm talking about is the unlocked variant through shopblackberry or BlackBerry Mobile. They could've released that on their shop while the carrier phones start releasing at the end of May.

But I guess it's not really surprising since one thread on here mentioned UK release first back in November. I wanna know why they decided to test the market with such limited units in UK.
    shopblackberry - My speculation is that it's a contract between BlackBerry and Digital River. TCL doesn't automatically inherit the contract with licensing the brand. Further, perhaps they don't want to contract with Digital River based on all the complaints people here have had.

BlackBerry Mobile - My speculation is that they don't have an existing online store. Their usual distribution is through carriers, much like BlackBerry before they hired Digital River. If you look up Alcatel, a TCL brand, the website points to carriers or Amazon.

Of course, TCL could have sold unlocked devices via Amazon, or CrackBerry for that matter, but chances are, they just ramped up the assembly lines and only have limited output.

For assembly lines, do they convert all their capacity to building a bunch of KEYone's (in the hope that they'll sell every unit produced) or do they build in batches? Both choices have risks, which I hope you can see.
    04-29-17 03:20 AM
166 ... 34567