WOW. You guys are ruthless. Now you're down to complaining about retail stores????
    And EVERYTHING (but only with mobile stuff)is marked up???
    Did you actually spend the time comparing this with all the other major retailer?
    If so, who's offering the best price? I'm asking for a friend.
    And if you actually did this, You need a hobby (that's in my opinion, not my friends)

If I saw you guys coming I'd just say: Sorry we just sold the last one in stock. I could pre order one for you but that'll cost an extra $50. Oh and sorry. We don't price match special orders.

..... and STAY out!!!
    It's not a complaint. It's a fact. Best Buy marks up by $50. Why that's an issue for you that I mentioned it is ridiculous. Not complaining, period. Curious as to who will carry the device. Said if only carriers and retail then I'd personally stay away from Best Buy. Not ruthlessly complaining about anything. Been pretty vocal that I'm purchasing at launch, but am hopeful can buy direct through ShopBerry or BlackBerry Mobile, etc. See that's how you respectfully respond to someone.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-01-17 08:21 AM
    It's not a complaint. It's a fact. Best Buy marks up by $50. Why that's an issue for you that I mentioned it is ridiculous. Not complaining, period. Curious as to who will carry the device. Said if only carriers and retail then I'd personally stay away from Best Buy. Not ruthlessly complaining about anything. Been pretty vocal that I'm purchasing at launch, but am hopeful can buy direct through ShopBerry or BlackBerry Mobile, etc. See that's how you respectfully respond to someone.
    I've bought plenty of mobile stuff there not marked up $50. That sounds vague and incorrect since many items of the mobile variety don't even cost $50. But regardless, isn't that retail? Charging as much as consumers will pay while increasing volume until demand falls off. If they're not your type of retailer, show them by not shopping there. Plenty of places to spend your money and never go there ever, forever, ever again.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 08:34 AM
    Retail is expensive to operate, so they mark up prices on the products that people do NOT price shop on, such as cables and accessories., while keeping margins thin on the products that bring people in to the stores.

In electronics, there's often more profit in a $30 cable than in a $600 TV. Some accessories are marked up by 200% or more, but popular items are often only marked up by 3-5%.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-01-17 08:40 AM
    I've bought plenty of mobile stuff there not marked up $50. That sounds vague and incorrect since many items of the mobile variety don't even cost $50. But regardless, isn't that retail? Charging as much as consumers will pay while increasing volume until demand falls off. If they're not your type of retailer, show them by not shopping there. Plenty of places to spend your money and never go there ever, forever, ever again.

Posted via CB10
    I get it. More specifically all iPhones and Galaxy's are marked up. I'm just pointing it out. Period. Not much to discuss further. I would buy anything at Best Buy except a mobile device. I understand the model and know my options. If we knew how the KEYone would be sold in the US, I never would have mentioned anything about Best Buy. Thanks for the responses.
    05-01-17 09:05 AM
    My original "hundreds of thousands " of units is most likely way exaggerated. But maybe they should have several thousand to be ready to ship by end of the month. If they only need to fill die hard enthusiasts here, I would imagine several hundred would suffice. Who knows where the truth lies. Just want one ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    05-01-17 11:46 AM
    Once you get to know me, you'll know not to take me seriously.
    and I never attack anyone personally. I just comment on the post !
    Sorry for any misunderstanding (I'm am serious about that)
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-01-17 10:18 PM
    I know you and your post was actually tame and short compared to your other rants (lol). You know me to. Here's a hint, went under a different handle but it "cracked" because my dog and I were stalked through the forums and then the person tried to find me in person. I left for a while and came back with this name.

I didn't take your original response personally. No misunderstanding. Nothing to apologize for. I was just clarifying, that's all. See ya back in the other forum...y'all hit a million posts yet?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    05-01-17 10:28 PM
    I know you and your post was actually tame and short compared to your other rants (lol). You know me to. Here's a hint, went under a different handle but it "cracked" because my dog and I were stalked through the forums and then the person tried to find me in person. I left for a while and came back with this name.

I didn't take your original response personally. No misunderstanding. Nothing to apologize for. I was just clarifying, that's all. See ya back in the other forum...y'all hit a million posts yet?
    I thought I recognized that Avatar but the numbers through me off.... you dog you!!!
    I'd love to hear about the stalking!! (For the most part, I just get ignored)
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    05-01-17 11:01 PM
    31st May US and Canada will witness KEYone confirmed.-img_20170501_230238.png

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    jamesharmeling and pizzawheel like this.
    05-01-17 11:05 PM
    Once you get to know me, you'll know not to take me seriously.
    and I never attack anyone personally. I just comment on the post !
    Sorry for any misunderstanding (I'm am serious about that)
    It's hard to be fun sarcastic in words huh? I get misunderstood often. I'm smiling and laughing about something I write and the response rips me a new one. Lol. Whoops. Have a great day and Best Buy still s**ks.
    05-02-17 04:57 AM
    It does depend on the item. Sometimes they actually have decent prices for things. But for the small stuff, like HDMI cables and others, they are ridiculously marked up. But I think that's how they get you, they put a HDTV up for sale at a fairly OK price, so people come in to buy it, then they say "Oh, now you need this surge protector, and this HDMI cable" and those things are just insanely marked up. Like really, a $5 HDMI cable will cost like $80 in Best Buy. When I do shop there, it's for the items that are actually priced at a good level. I actually got such a good deal on the Canon T3i from Best Buy before that I worked out that if I bought 4 of them and sold 3 at the normal retail price I would make enough profit from the 3 so that the one I kept would be free. And yes, I was able to do it. So you just have to know what you're getting and not buy the stuff that is marked up like crazy. I always compare prices between everyone. And because of my crazy bad luck with Best Buy's customer service I always groan a bit when it is Best Buy with the best deal on something I want...
    05-02-17 11:00 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170501_230238.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	422311

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    YAY!
    05-02-17 11:38 AM
    It does depend on the item. Sometimes they actually have decent prices for things. But for the small stuff, like HDMI cables and others, they are ridiculously marked up. But I think that's how they get you, they put a HDTV up for sale at a fairly OK price, so people come in to buy it, then they say "Oh, now you need this surge protector, and this HDMI cable" and those things are just insanely marked up. Like really, a $5 HDMI cable will cost like $80 in Best Buy. When I do shop there, it's for the items that are actually priced at a good level. I actually got such a good deal on the Canon T3i from Best Buy before that I worked out that if I bought 4 of them and sold 3 at the normal retail price I would make enough profit from the 3 so that the one I kept would be free. And yes, I was able to do it. So you just have to know what you're getting and not buy the stuff that is marked up like crazy. I always compare prices between everyone. And because of my crazy bad luck with Best Buy's customer service I always groan a bit when it is Best Buy with the best deal on something I want...
    Should have bee more specific. Full retail for Mobile Devices is usually marked up. I meant that iPhones start at $700 not $650 and Galaxy's are $50 more, even the Passport and Classic when available were $50 more that's all.
    05-02-17 05:43 PM
    Should have bee more specific. Full retail for Mobile Devices is usually marked up. I meant that iPhones start at $700 not $650 and Galaxy's are $50 more, even the Passport and Classic when available were $50 more that's all.
    Ah ok, never even considered buying a mobile phone from Best Buy, so didn't know.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-02-17 06:47 PM
    Ah ok, never even considered buying a mobile phone from Best Buy, so didn't know.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    IMO, it's "Best" not to "Buy" from Best Buy. Unless it's a ridiculously low priced sale, why even?!? These are the days of bargain shopping.
    05-02-17 08:54 PM
    IMO, it's "Best" not to "Buy" from Best Buy. Unless it's a ridiculously low priced sale, why even?!? These are the days of bargain shopping.
    These are the days you buy as an investment. You're not gonna get quality at a bargain price.
    You want a bargain, Check out the bargain bin at Toys R Us!
    05-03-17 09:10 PM
166 ... 567