I believe the wait will be worth it if not I will return and never buy another blackberry again! I hope the preorder comes on line soon so I can pull the trigger.
    04-27-17 10:10 AM
    Just settled it for me. If the phone was going to be available now, I would give it a whirl. But now since it is basically June, I am going for the One Plus 5. Better specs, lower price.
    No keyboard no care
    04-27-17 10:10 AM
    I believe the wait will be worth it if not I will return and never buy another blackberry again! I hope the preorder comes on line soon so I can pull the trigger.
    I don't believe you. Lol

You will take the suffering all over again with any newer BlackBerry.
    04-27-17 10:35 AM
    I bet we will start seeing some ridiculous eBay listings popping up soon LOL.
    Problem is TCL hasn't listed all the frequencies for the phones. They show the LTE Bands, but not the GSM. So it's kinda hard to say how functional they will be in other markets.

If you have full LTE/4G coverage and never see you phone drop to 3G.... might not be an issue if those phone have the right LTE coverage for your area. But I still see 3G pretty often....
    04-27-17 10:39 AM
    I wish I had enough time on my hands to put together a timeline for this device, i I know if someone does there will be lots of "on this day we'll announce a date to an announcement" and "Great details are coming on this day" "It's now the day, those great details is that it's still 5 weeks away"

I'm still going to wait since I want a PKB device and I already have an S7 Edge so going to an S8 doesn't make sense but this launch is being handled absolutely like **** in my opinion.
    04-27-17 10:42 AM
    I don't believe you. Lol

You will take the suffering all over again with any newer BlackBerry.
    Haha...i keep coming back as well. For my work line thought...im far too gone for the main device factor.
    mister2d and Lobwedgephil like this.
    04-27-17 10:44 AM
    No keyboard no care
    Exactly, delayed or not, none of these other phones will fill my wants/needs in a mobile device. So for me, eh, I'll wait...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-27-17 11:06 AM
    Typically one to just be like, "Okay so I'll buy it the 31st". Unfortunately need a new phone like immediately. Not holding it against BlackBerry Mobile, but they are losing customers for more reasons than just bitterness about delays, etc.
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-27-17 11:14 AM
    Typically one to just be like, "Okay so I'll buy it the 31st". Unfortunately need a new phone like immediately. Not holding it against BlackBerry Mobile, but they are losing customers for more reasons than just bitterness about delays, etc.
    Yah, it sucks. Fortunately for me I'm not in as much of a rush. But as I (for some reason) need to keep repeating to have it sink in, I can and only speak for myself, so I know that's not the case for everyone...

04-27-17 11:30 AM
    The delay is frustrating for those that have been watching and waiting for this phone since it was first talked about as the Vienna back in Nov of 2015.

What is sad, is there is no sign of TCL doing much of anything differently from what BlackBerry had been doing, No sign of TCL putting forth some great "change" for the brand. No sign that things have changed.....
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-27-17 11:39 AM
    TCL has lost my trust. It is indicative of a much bigger issue than a failed launch. Will keep using BlackBerry Classics until they stop working and look elsewhere future devices. Been with BlackBerry for 17 years, so this is disappointing, but feel strongly that this partnership with TCL did more damage to the brand than anything ever done by BlackBerry. Appreciate all of the excellent work by everyone at CrackBerry, but when you're left wondering whether or not you can even rely on a date that's almost 100 days after a device launch, and the licensee doesn't even communicate with it's pre-registered customers, it's time to accept the end.
    mister2d likes this.
    04-27-17 11:42 AM
    The delay is frustrating for those that have been watching and waiting for this phone since it was first talked about as the Vienna back in Nov of 2015.

What is sad, is there is no sign of TCL doing much of anything differently from what BlackBerry had been doing, No sign of TCL putting forth some great "change" for the brand. No sign that things have changed.....
    Well, if they release a phone that isn't hindered or unfinished in some way, that would be a change, lol.

04-27-17 11:43 AM
    TCL has lost my trust. It is indicative of a much bigger issue than a failed launch. Will keep using BlackBerry Classics until they stop working and look elsewhere future devices. Been with BlackBerry for 17 years, so this is disappointing, but feel strongly that this partnership with TCL did more damage to the brand than anything ever done by BlackBerry. Appreciate all of the excellent work by everyone at CrackBerry, but when you're left wondering whether or not you can even rely on a date that's almost 100 days after a device launch, and the licensee doesn't even communicate with it's pre-registered customers, it's time to accept the end.
    Eh, I use whatever suits my needs the best. Whether a company has made me angry doesn't really change what I want from a mobile phone, lol. But again, that's just me, not at all saying you need to feel the same way...

04-27-17 11:45 AM
    04-27-17 12:04 PM
    Discussion may continue without taking swipes at fellow members. Remember BlackBerry themselves released the Z10 in January 2013 and NA had to wait another three months for it to be released on their networks. Not to mention nearly two years while they developed it.
    jakie55 and TGR1 like this.
    04-27-17 07:12 PM
    Discussion may continue without taking swipes at fellow members. Remember BlackBerry themselves released the Z10 in January 2013 and NA had to wait another three months for it to be released on their networks. Not to mention nearly two years while they developed it.
    Your new avatar is wicked man. Sorry, off topic...
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-27-17 07:31 PM
    For those who are so frustrated with not getting the Key1 when they thought they would and have decided to buy something else, I get that. Apparently, the reasons for wanting was different than mine. I don't like the delay and wait anymore than anyone else, but I'm not about to go buy another slab. I want the Key1. It's what I've been waiting for and I'll get it within 15 minutes of it being available to order.

Those of us who have been with BlackBerry for many, many years are kinda used to this type of stuff. We are a very niche group of whiny brats who love everything BlackBerry. I like my addiction and prefer it over the drug addiction I carried for years, although I spend about the same money (accessories!!!).

When it comes, the hater threads will end. No one will be yelling and crying and complaining about the past. The delayed launch will be a forgotten memory and I'll be right here talking about something else.

BlackBerry FTW!
    04-27-17 07:38 PM
    Can't they just take my order now for the US shipment so I can be guaranteed a product on lauch date? Is that too hard for TCL to do?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-27-17 08:01 PM
    So now I am REALLY confused, went back to site and made sure my currency was in in US Dollars and now it is showing as $525.00...

Attachment 421928
    Price is supposed to be $549 USD, so perhaps with some currency conversions in there, $525...
    04-27-17 08:28 PM
    I'm on the disappointed bandwagon, as well. There's a difference between being patient, and it feeling like we're just being dragged along.

They said the delay was so that they could make sure they had enough stock. It turns out they only meant enough stock to sell a few through Selfridge today, and for CPW on the 5th? Clearly that wasn't the reason.

It wasn't very exciting to hear that the phone was delayed, and even less to hear that they are "technically" meeting their new deadline by having it available at the last possible day. If they took the extra time to make sure they had stock, why don't they just sell direct through BlackBerry Mobile?
    The supply issue never sounded plausible. They could have held everyone back til May, but perhaps saw all the postings here, so made an effort to at least hit the April launch announcement in one region.

We don't know what their plans are for direct sales, or if they're able to support it or are just setting it up. (Are Alcatel phones sold directly by TCL?) Canada gets it before the U.S., which makes sense since Canadian carriers are more likely to carry the KEYone, without demanding testing and perhaps carrier "enhancements" or exclusives. Who knows what complications the U.S. carriers are putting up?
    04-27-17 08:59 PM
    Maybe.....any defects in hardware that is found with the initial launch will be corrected by the time the North American models touch ground...... We might get better models.
    04-27-17 09:03 PM
    I wish I had enough time on my hands to put together a timeline for this device, i I know if someone does there will be lots of "on this day we'll announce a date to an announcement" and "Great details are coming on this day" "It's now the day, those great details is that it's still 5 weeks away"

I'm still going to wait since I want a PKB device and I already have an S7 Edge so going to an S8 doesn't make sense but this launch is being handled absolutely like **** in my opinion.
    There weren't a bunch of announcements for the sake of. That's what some people have been complaining about - not enough "hype" after MWC. We essentially got, after MWC, a tweet after BlackBerry's earnings report, then the tweet last Friday about today. People wanted dates and they got them. It's not the dates they wanted to hear, but there it is.
    04-27-17 09:04 PM
    Not sure where the $834 came from, web site showing $695 in US dollars - they are out of stock (even after refreshing multiple times) but thought I would post the screenshot.

Attachment 421924
    The $834 was in CAD and number was from a user who posted a screenshot of his order to Toronto. He posted the grand total and it showed $834 CAD.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    04-27-17 10:43 PM
    This 5 weeks should be spent in heavy advertising. TCL needs to step up if they're gonna delay the phone for a whole month

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    04-27-17 10:44 PM
    This 5 weeks should be spent in heavy advertising. TCL needs to step up if they're gonna delay the phone for a whole month
    They shouldn't spend a cent in the U.S. until they have the carriers on board, which means carrier announcements. When the carriers agree to a specific date, start on the first day of sale, if there's to be any "heavy" advertising. No more hype and wait. When a customer sees an ad, he/she should be able to go down to a store, try and buy.
    04-27-17 11:21 PM
166 12345 ...