All,

My first post although I am a very long time Blackberry user. Just got a KEYone (was on a Classic). I am working my way through it but 3 simple things are bugging me. Any assistance would be appreciated!

1. Hit the button on the left and the screen wakes up. But, it then goes dark again in about 5 seconds. I changed sleep to 5 minutes but it not helping.

2. When the screen first wakes up, there is a list of different notification (e-mails, update status, keyboard notices, all kinds of things. I do I turn this off or modify it?

3. So there is no true Trak Pad correct? I understand the up-down and right-left of the keyboard but I mean like a Classic or 9930 Trak pad that you can use to navigate around in all directions on a website for example.

I have tried some searches but am not having any luck.

-eric
    09-21-17 10:15 PM
    1. have you set up the fingerprint scanner? I use thumbs and it immediately awakens the screen.

2. swipe down from top. you can open or read and 'clear all' at bottom of list.

3. no trackpad but you can swipe on the keyboard and use keys to navigate.
    09-21-17 10:49 PM
    All,

My first post although I am a very long time Blackberry user. Just got a KEYone (was on a Classic). I am working my way through it but 3 simple things are bugging me. Any assistance would be appreciated!

1. Hit the button on the left and the screen wakes up. But, it then goes dark again in about 5 seconds. I changed sleep to 5 minutes but it not helping.

2. When the screen first wakes up, there is a list of different notification (e-mails, update status, keyboard notices, all kinds of things. I do I turn this off or modify it?

3. So there is no true Trak Pad correct? I understand the up-down and right-left of the keyboard but I mean like a Classic or 9930 Trak pad that you can use to navigate around in all directions on a website for example.

I have tried some searches but am not having any luck.

-eric
    First, WELCOME to Crackberry.

I just changed my screen timeout to 10 minutes from 5 minutes and it did work. I changed it since I was using it for a recipe and needed the screen to stay on longer so I could read it periodically.

You can change what type of information shows when you first wake it up. It is Main Settings, Notifications, Hit the GEAR/Settings (upper right) in there, "On lock screen..." and choice one of three choices. I "hide sensitive information"

Or as suggested, do you mean how to read/remove them. Swipe down from the top and then UP to see the list. You can read them, Tap them for sometimes more info, or swipe left and remove them. Or you can clear all.

The keyboard is not quite a trackpad. There's a new keyboard app that provides more control with icons showing what you can do.
    09-21-17 11:07 PM
    1. Pressing the power button on the left side just wakes up the device so you can check the time for example, or notifications if you choose to have them displayed there. Mine stays "awake" for about ten seconds. With or without pressing the power button you can unlock the device using the finger print scanner in the space bar. Super handy!

2. Once you swipe down to reveal the notification shade, you can long press on each notification to adjust its setting.

3. Unfortunately there is no cursor to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-21-17 11:10 PM
    3. Unfortunately there is no cursor to use.
    Very true. I'm having trouble navigating Android w/o a true cursor too.
    09-22-17 01:16 AM
    I really appreciate the replies! All suggestions worked.

Though, it is going to be a tough acclimation on the Cursor. I have been using them for like a decade with all my Blackberries! I was SO fast with it.

Maybe I should start another thread but I have 1 more questions that jumps out. When going through e-mails, I used to be able to hit the " i " key to drop a message into a folder. I see now that you can swipe left to delete the message (nice feature) and right gives me a little clock icon. Is there a simple way to file e-mails without going into them like you could do with the Classic?

-eric
    09-23-17 06:29 PM
    Very true. I'm having trouble navigating Android w/o a true cursor too.
    There is a thread from yesterday where someone figured out how to enable cursor mode. Not exactly sure what thread is called.

Edit: found the thread.

/blackberry-keyone-f445/enable-pointer-mode-keyone-like-verizon-south-korea-priv-had-1126647/
    Last edited by ray689; 09-24-17 at 10:09 AM.
    09-23-17 07:19 PM
    I really appreciate the replies! All suggestions worked.

Though, it is going to be a tough acclimation on the Cursor. I have been using them for like a decade with all my Blackberries! I was SO fast with it.

Maybe I should start another thread but I have 1 more questions that jumps out. When going through e-mails, I used to be able to hit the " i " key to drop a message into a folder. I see now that you can swipe left to delete the message (nice feature) and right gives me a little clock icon. Is there a simple way to file e-mails without going into them like you could do with the Classic?

-eric
    If you go into the Hub settings, you can set the left and right swipe actions. I use delete to the left and file to the right.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    09-23-17 08:14 PM
    3. When typing double tap the keyboard but dont press any keys, your entire keyboard becomes the trackpad, and you will have a row of arrows to move the cursor left right up and down.

Press the left shift key to beging selecting text.

And you can configure the right shift key to become a ctrl key, so you can cut paste undo redo, ctrl+x, ctr+z etc
    FF22 likes this.
    09-23-17 08:42 PM