I bought my Keyone in March of 2018 through Amazon. I was pretty happy with this phone until it bootloop crashed in the beginning of October 2018. I was directed to send the phone in for repair so I initiated this process for warranty repair. It took 4 weeks to get the phone back. It had the same issue as when I sent it in. I repeated the process and sent it in again. Another 4 weeks and the phone arrived with the same problem. At this point they decided to send me a replacement phone. The sim card would not work so I sent the replacement phone back. It is now February and I still have the original "broken" phone and no replacement. How can this even remotely be acceptable. My replacement is scheduled to finally arrive to me Feb 5th. This is Blackberry's last chance with me. If I have issues with the replacement phone I will throw in the towel on BB and look for a different phone after 11 years of loyalty. I guess I am glad I had the Classic to fall back to so I was not completely without a phone during this process.
    02-03-19 11:47 AM
    I’ve always wondered how the vast majority of consumers don’t experience anything like this and then one person can experience multiple quantities of bad experiences that are enough to cover the rest of us.

Either you have real bad luck or some user error involved. Surely unintentional, but statistically, it’s the most logical explanation. What in the process flow would cause bootloop error on multiple devices?? Perhaps a more tech savvy member could suggest cause/effect reasons.
    02-03-19 02:55 PM
    I’ve always wondered how the vast majority of consumers don’t experience anything like this and then one person can experience multiple quantities of bad experiences that are enough to cover the rest of us.

Either you have real bad luck or some user error involved. Surely unintentional, but statistically, it’s the most logical explanation. What in the process flow would cause bootloop error on multiple devices?? Perhaps a more tech savvy member could suggest cause/effect reasons.
    Same phone Chuck until finally new device being sent out .
    02-03-19 03:17 PM
    I bought my Keyone in March of 2018 through Amazon. I was pretty happy with this phone until it bootloop crashed in the beginning of October 2018. I was directed to send the phone in for repair so I initiated this process for warranty repair. It took 4 weeks to get the phone back. It had the same issue as when I sent it in. I repeated the process and sent it in again. Another 4 weeks and the phone arrived with the same problem. At this point they decided to send me a replacement phone. The sim card would not work so I sent the replacement phone back. It is now February and I still have the original "broken" phone and no replacement. How can this even remotely be acceptable. My replacement is scheduled to finally arrive to me Feb 5th. This is Blackberry's last chance with me. If I have issues with the replacement phone I will throw in the towel on BB and look for a different phone after 11 years of loyalty. I guess I am glad I had the Classic to fall back to so I was not completely without a phone during this process.
    You are correct , this is clearly not acceptable and I hope the device you finally receive works as it should...
    02-03-19 03:19 PM
    You have much, much more patience than I do. I would have been gonzo months ago.
    02-03-19 03:36 PM
    My original keyone was sent in twice for the bootloop lock up and returned "repaired". This took 2 months and it wa snot fixed. The a replacement phone was sent and would not work as, I believe they said, the OS was wrong for my SIM card. Had to return the replacement phone in the beginning of Dec 2018. I have been struggling with Repair360 and the repair facility to get another replacement phone that is now scheduled to arrive this week Feb 6th (I hope). This has been way too long of a time to get this resolved. The only thing that has made this entire process slightly bearable was that I had my BB Classic to fall back on and keep my business running. It may not do all the apps and such but it has been a workhorse and reliable. One of the reasons I wanted to continue with the Keyone. If I have any issues with the replacement I will be moving on to another phone. The repair process is tedious to say the least. I am sure if I had purchased my phone through my carrier (verizon) and not a third party I would not have had to wait this long.
    02-03-19 03:56 PM

...or probably TCL repair chain is still not working as it should....
    02-05-19 12:06 AM
    ...or probably TCL repair chain is still not working as it should....
    I don’t have full confidence in the infrastructure yet, that’s why I’ll only buy carrier version.. However, once past the first return, when you don’t see a statistical relevant measurable point, the data becomes unreliable.

When you end up with a different issue additionally, then it becomes user driven. This happens in the Android Central forums too. Sometimes, certain people seem through usage pattern, break things.
    02-05-19 07:04 AM
    I don’t have full confidence in the infrastructure yet, that’s why I’ll only buy carrier version.. However, once past the first return, when you don’t see a statistical relevant measurable point, the data becomes unreliable.

When you end up with a different issue additionally, then it becomes user driven. This happens in the Android Central forums too. Sometimes, certain people seem through usage pattern, break things.
    What in god's green earth are you rambling about? Unreliable data? But the 2 Internet forums that you reference are vetted and valid sources of data for anything even close to what you are concluding? I think your neural network needs to be reviewed for corruption.
    02-05-19 11:07 AM
    I had one single experience with repair (done by 360...something) for KEYᵒⁿᵉ screen pop and it was, in BlackBerry vernacular, "buttery smooth" all occurring in about a week end-to-end...
    02-05-19 11:31 AM
    What in god's green earth are you rambling about? Unreliable data? But the 2 Internet forums that you reference are vetted and valid sources of data for anything even close to what you are concluding? I think your neural network needs to be reviewed for corruption.
    How are they vetted and validated? These are Internet forums where anybody can just claim anything....
    02-05-19 01:33 PM
    Your story is pretty interesting for me!

I'm living the exact same issue with my Keyone!

I bought it to a belgian supplier in February 2018. It worked nice until August when it began to restart randomly (during GPS use, messages, after a phone call : WHENEVER!). I send it back and it came from the after sales service 1 month later with the same issue... I sent it back, it came back again 1 month later : same issue. My phone is currently at the after sales services for the third time. Hopefully I bought a key2 in September, otherwise I would have turn completely crazy...
    02-05-19 02:55 PM