Hi all,

It's been 24 hours and I have to say that I am pleased with my new KeyOne. I'm actually typing this mini review right on it and I don't mind it all. The physical kb is stunningly good, although it is no larger than my thumb. The buttons also act as quick launchers for apps, so my home screen is incredibly uncluttered. A+

Battery life is superb, it's 3PM now in Bucharest and after a whole day of non-stop use, the phone just got to 59%. On my old Nexus 5x, I would have been charging it by noon, since I woke up around 10. A+

The phone can be sluggish at times, I have noticed, as in it does have times when even scrolling through the app drawer has a slight fidget, or some apps hang and have to be restarted, but I've never met perfect Android apps. A-

I'm still surprised at the BB Hub. For the record, I used to own a Passport, but the screen detached (very similar to the reports regarding the KeyOne. At the time, I just superglued it, lol). Anyway, the Hub is absolutely amazing in centralizing communication. A+

Small gripes: the space key could have well acted as a home button. If anyone knows if you can do that, let me know how.

Secondly, you jump out, from time to time, out of whatever you are doing because you happen to hit the capacitive buttons while typing. It would have helped to have them as a hidden/shown feature on the actual screen.

The more I use the kb, the more I enjoy it, despite its size. A great phone, I don't mind recommending it. Cameras are more than decent, build quality seems high-end and call quality is excellent. Because, you know, it's supposed to be a phone
    Attached Thumbnails 24h later review-764.jpg  
    06-10-17 08:30 AM
    Good stuff. And that's the beauty of a physical keyboard. You keep typing without realising your response is quite big.

I am loving this and don't shy away from providing my full opinion rather than a sentence or so.

And also you're right about slow down. A quick reboot does the needful. Hopefully BlackBerry will release a fix for it.

Give yourself a few more days and you will be typing without even looking at the screen as well.
    06-10-17 08:56 AM
    Nice sharing!
    06-10-17 09:04 AM
    Great review! I agree with everything you said.

I've had mine since June 1st and it really gets better and better everyday! You learn something new/cool everyday and it makes the Keyone that much better.
    mihnead likes this.
    06-10-17 09:39 AM
    Thanks for your review.

I think it's important that people that are actually happy with their KEYone write about it.

The negativity needs to be counteracted by those that got a device and like it.

I don't post much but man, seems like their are people out to destroy this device on Crackberry.

The keyboard rocks. Battery rocks. Apps work! This isn't rocket science...

Again, thanks for the review!
    06-10-17 09:45 AM
    I received mine yesterday, and I'm loving it these bend tests etc pls there so not real world scenarios, so I don't bother anymore it is what it is period
    mihnead likes this.
    06-10-17 10:20 AM
    Always happy to hear the battery news.

Posted via CB10
    JWW and mihnead like this.
    06-10-17 10:52 AM
    Which weather widget are you using? Thanks
    06-10-17 11:53 AM
    Great review sir. Thank you for posting.
    06-10-17 12:01 PM
    Good stuff. And that's the beauty of a physical keyboard. You keep typing without realising your response is quite big.

I am loving this and don't shy away from providing my full opinion rather than a sentence or so.

And also you're right about slow down. A quick reboot does the needful. Hopefully BlackBerry will release a fix for it.

Give yourself a few more days and you will be typing without even looking at the screen as well.
    Exactly this! I noticed this about trying to use VKB only on my Priv some time back. And I noticed I kept my responses short.

With the PKB, I type and type and type without realizing I've written so much.
    06-10-17 02:42 PM
    Hi all,

It's been 24 hours and I have to say that I am pleased with my new KeyOne. I'm actually typing this mini review right on it and I don't mind it all. The physical kb is stunningly good, although it is no larger than my thumb. The buttons also act as quick launchers for apps, so my home screen is incredibly uncluttered. A+

Battery life is superb, it's 3PM now in Bucharest and after a whole day of non-stop use, the phone just got to 59%. On my old Nexus 5x, I would have been charging it by noon, since I woke up around 10. A+

The phone can be sluggish at times, I have noticed, as in it does have times when even scrolling through the app drawer has a slight fidget, or some apps hang and have to be restarted, but I've never met perfect Android apps. A-

I'm still surprised at the BB Hub. For the record, I used to own a Passport, but the screen detached (very similar to the reports regarding the KeyOne. At the time, I just superglued it, lol). Anyway, the Hub is absolutely amazing in centralizing communication. A+

Small gripes: the space key could have well acted as a home button. If anyone knows if you can do that, let me know how.

Secondly, you jump out, from time to time, out of whatever you are doing because you happen to hit the capacitive buttons while typing. It would have helped to have them as a hidden/shown feature on the actual screen.

The more I use the kb, the more I enjoy it, despite its size. A great phone, I don't mind recommending it. Cameras are more than decent, build quality seems high-end and call quality is excellent. Because, you know, it's supposed to be a phone
    Agreed same! I've been also hitting the middle capacitive key as well while going through pages or sites and yes I hate that it exits you out. But I've been figuring out how to scroll without going to far upwards hitting the capacitive keys!
    06-10-17 03:50 PM
    Agreed same! I've been also hitting the middle capacitive key as well while going through pages or sites and yes I hate that it exits you out. But I've been figuring out how to scroll without going to far upwards hitting the capacitive keys!
    I don't get why they didn't just make them physical keys. If they are ALWAYS going to be there why are they touch screen. Could've thrown in a Call/End button in at that point so you wouldn't have to swipe to answer (which is annoying), and were able to end the call without having to look at your phone to see where the "End" button is..
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-10-17 03:59 PM
    Hi all,

I have extreme lag and loops, especially in Gmail and this app! I'm sure it's happening in other apps too! I have to close them and re open them!!! So annoying
    06-11-17 01:49 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Best blackberry ever....

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 02:37 AM
    the reboot did it, you were right. But that shouldn't happen... we'll see in the long run how it manages to handle lots of apps and so on..
    06-11-17 04:34 AM
    it's called weather timeline.
    06-11-17 04:35 AM
    I don't get why they didn't just make them physical keys. If they are ALWAYS going to be there why are they touch screen. Could've thrown in a Call/End button in at that point so you wouldn't have to swipe to answer (which is annoying), and were able to end the call without having to look at your phone to see where the "End" button is..
    Physical keys buttons are prone to faster failure but yep got a whole lot of them on this phone lol
    06-11-17 07:50 AM
    Hi all,

"The phone can be sluggish at times" and you still give it a A-... Can you say fanboy? LOL
    06-11-17 08:58 AM
    "The phone can be sluggish at times" and you still give it a A-... Can you say fanboy? LOL
    There are a lot of criteria by which to measure a phone. You may assume speed is the most important item or the only item of importance but that only illustrates a narrow perspective.

Valuing other things about a phone (like phone quality) is hardly reason to call someone a fanboy.
    06-11-17 10:28 AM
    Hi all,

WRT to lagginess, are you clearing out your running apps on a regular basis?
    06-11-17 10:29 AM
    Need 64 gig to keep is from being sluggish my Note 5 has 6 gig why release a phone now a days with only 32gig???????
    06-11-17 10:38 AM
    Need 64 gig to keep is from being sluggish my Note 5 has 6 gig why release a phone now a days with only 32gig???????
    I don't think so. Has nothing to do with it unless it's completely full. RAM has more to do with it but 3gb on my phone also and I don't find it sluggish.
    06-11-17 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the review. I've had mine now for four full days. I moved from a passport.

Although the keyboard is slightly smaller than the Passport keyboard I have had no trouble with the K1 PKB. The keyboard is smooth and responsive.

The overall build quality is excellent

The camera has lots of complications but my first impressions are good.

It's taken a while to set up folders and repopulate apps but that just transitioning from BB10 to Android.
    06-11-17 12:26 PM
    Hi all,

You can make the space key double as a Home button, I did this as well. Download Buttons Remapper from Google Play and you can program it. I suggest LONG PRESS shortcut, for obvious reasons...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...remapper&hl=en

For scrolling lag, I recommend dialing down animations in the Developer Options to .5

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/speed-up...tion-settings/

Also recommend Keyboard Browser by @alaingrange. It's built like the BlackBerry 10 browser, with PKB shortcuts.
    Last edited by Reaney; 06-11-17 at 05:57 PM.
    06-11-17 05:22 PM
    So much less sluggish than my PRIV!!!

Love the keyboard shortcuts.

Quickcharge 3.0 got from 30% to 85% in 30-60 mins, although I'm not thrilled abt having to buy all new cables and charges for car addl AC outlets.
    06-11-17 07:01 PM