I must say that I was very comfortable using BB10 both on my Z10 and then my Passport.

Well yesterday I was able to get my hands on a new KEYone and start fresh. As you will see in the screen shot I am a big fan of Folders. I have just started the overall organization but when I'm done the Home screen will give me access to all the apps/shortcuts that I use.

This is not to mention the keyboard shortcuts! So many available options! By the way I feel that already I'm typing faster than I could on my Passport.

The screen brightness is fine when using the light sensor option I'm finding, it takes about 5 seconds to recognize changing light conditions but overall I feel works nicely. Manually adjusting the brightness can make it too bright. Also using a light coloured wallpaper, as compared to a dark or black wallpaper, makes the screen jump out at you in brightness.

No problems with the keyboard functionality at all however the v and b keys are a little darker than the rest when backlit. This I am not disappointed in even though I mention it coming from a Passport the keys toward the edges were always brighter anyways and I won't lose sleep over this!

The TUMI flip case is very nice and offers coverage of all four corners and actually makes me more comfortable holding the KEYone.

That's it for now... much more learning/work to do!24 Hours In As an Android/KEYone Newbie-screenshot_20170604-195039.jpg
    Johberry, BigBadWulf and mmednick1 like this.
    06-04-17 09:06 PM
    I used to use folders like that when I used an iPhone years ago. But android has an app drawer that keeps everything alphabetically. The BlackBerry launcher even remembers your most used apps at the top of the app drawer. So essentially ever since I've started using android I've preferred a clean home screen.
    06-04-17 09:38 PM
    I used to use folders like that when I used an iPhone years ago. But android has an app drawer that keeps everything alphabetically. The BlackBerry launcher even remembers your most used apps at the top of the app drawer. So essentially ever since I've started using android I've preferred a clean home screen.
    So you only have 1 screen (home screen) and then you access everything from the app drawer? Just asking.
    06-04-17 10:13 PM
    So you only have 1 screen (home screen) and then you access everything from the app drawer? Just asking.
    Yes! I used to have one more page with a full screen calendar widget but I've gotten used to the productivity tab as well as having my convenience key set to launch calendar.
    06-04-17 10:25 PM
    I also have it set up as one screen only (home screen) and if I don't want to scroll through the app draw I just start typing the name of the app and access it that way. Try it, it keeps your home screen clean
    Johberry likes this.
    06-04-17 10:26 PM
    My home screen has no apps shown and a great wallpaper with clock and temp widget. All my access to my apps(that I had on my PRIV home screen) are now on keyboard shortcuts. I love it! Show my wallpaper and a clean screen!!!
    06-04-17 10:43 PM
    Yes previously even with the PRIV, I always had apps and folders on home screen. Now with the KEYone, the keyboard shortcuts and app drawer is all I need.
    06-04-17 10:43 PM
    I must say that I was very comfortable using BB10 both on my Z10 and then my Passport.

Well yesterday I was able to get my hands on a new KEYone and start fresh. As you will see in the screen shot I am a big fan of Folders. I have just started the overall organization but when I'm done the Home screen will give me access to all the apps/shortcuts that I use.

This is not to mention the keyboard shortcuts! So many available options! By the way I feel that already I'm typing faster than I could on my Passport.

The screen brightness is fine when using the light sensor option I'm finding, it takes about 5 seconds to recognize changing light conditions but overall I feel works nicely. Manually adjusting the brightness can make it too bright. Also using a light coloured wallpaper, as compared to a dark or black wallpaper, makes the screen jump out at you in brightness.

No problems with the keyboard functionality at all however the v and b keys are a little darker than the rest when backlit. This I am not disappointed in even though I mention it coming from a Passport the keys toward the edges were always brighter anyways and I won't lose sleep over this!

The TUMI flip case is very nice and offers coverage of all four corners and actually makes me more comfortable holding the KEYone.

That's it for now... much more learning/work to do!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170604-195039.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	424570
    The TUMI case? Where did you get it?

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-04-17 10:49 PM
    Does anyone know how to make the BlackBerry Device Search the default for what happens when you start typing on the home screen? I did it, but had to wipe the phone after I forgot the pattern lock passcode, and can't figure out how to get it back.
    06-04-17 11:42 PM
    Does anyone know how to make the BlackBerry Device Search the default for what happens when you start typing on the home screen? I did it, but had to wipe the phone after I forgot the pattern lock passcode, and can't figure out how to get it back.
    Long press on the empty home screen , setting launcher
    06-05-17 12:05 AM
    Long press on the empty home screen , setting launcher
    Thanks so much. This is my first Android device so I feel like I just landed on a new planet and have no idea how to do anything.
    Uzi and Arimus25 like this.
    06-05-17 12:12 AM
    The TUMI case? Where did you get it?

Posted via CB10
    Fortunately I live in the same city as Kevin and I was able to convince him to part ways with his case. Still have no idea if TUMI will be selling them but it only makes sense since they already have the templates needed for manufacture.
    06-05-17 11:05 AM

I've always tried to limit to one screen. It's even easier now with the shortcut key settings.
    06-05-17 11:56 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b825a1506c.jpg

I've always tried to limit to one screen. It's even easier now with the shortcut key settings.
    There! Home screen is now nice and clean. Yes the earth is rotating too! Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours In As an Android/KEYone Newbie-8730.jpg  
    psychofox13 likes this.
    06-06-17 10:47 AM
    Nice looking home screen . Dump the Google widget and it would be perfect 👌
    06-06-17 02:07 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170604-195039.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	424570
    May I suggest tinyCam Monitor instead of IP Cam Viewer?
    06-06-17 02:27 PM
    May I suggest tinyCam Monitor instead of IP Cam Viewer?
    Unfortunately I've tried tinyCam in the past and it doesn't recognize my camera brand. Thanks for the advice though!
    06-06-17 02:48 PM
    My home screen is clean still figuring on a wallpaper, I've set up shortcuts for all my favourite apps, love this device.
    06-06-17 03:39 PM
    What's the Earth background you're using?
    06-06-17 05:34 PM
    Unfortunately I've tried tinyCam in the past and it doesn't recognize my camera brand. Thanks for the advice though!
    Also while suggesting apps. I have been on android for about 6 months now. I can recommend using Textra for messaging as opposed to the default app. Probably the most BB10 like feel while in the HUB and seems very quick.
    06-06-17 05:40 PM
    What's the Earth background you're using?
    Attached Thumbnails 24 Hours In As an Android/KEYone Newbie-31787.jpg  
    06-06-17 06:51 PM
    The whole reason Ive always loved keyboard phones is to assign shortcuts to buttons. My logic is that a single click to perform a function is 100% efficient. I.e., how many clicks does it take me to do (x). Shortcuts allow you to declutter your screen and are the fastest way to do anything. I cant wait to get this phone in a few weeks. So Id say set up shortcuts for your apps, contacts and messaging and lose those folders. With a folder you're always 2 taps from what you want. It sounds small but it adds up. And each button gives you 2 functions to assign! (Short and long press)
    06-06-17 07:24 PM
    The whole reason Ive always loved keyboard phones is to assign shortcuts to buttons. My logic is that a single click to perform a function is 100% efficient. I.e., how many clicks does it take me to do (x). Shortcuts allow you to declutter your screen and are the fastest way to do anything. I cant wait to get this phone in a few weeks. So Id say set up shortcuts for your apps, contacts and messaging and lose those folders. With a folder you're always 2 taps from what you want. It sounds small but it adds up. And each button gives you 2 functions to assign! (Short and long press)
    But you have to be sober to remember all of the keyboard shortcuts hehehehe. Yes this phone is amazing!
    06-06-17 07:46 PM