Well, I wouldn't say 2 devices (until now) warrants the bold claim that it's academic - makes it kinda sound like I should expect it from budget lines. Y'know I've never gotten into the pixel products, I remember back in the day I held a 1st Gen or maybe 2nd and tbh my budget moto g5+ felt/looked way more premium. Doubt I'd get along w/ their button config either (the note10 purchase was *significantly* factored by the left side power button). And w/ their hype mainly being the camera (I'm not an Instagram personality or w/e) it really didn't appeal to me. Stock Android is also not a bragging right as much as a "less features than the rest" type of stamp, at least to me. On my moto g(7) play I can shake the phone to get flashlight on, I can long press volume rocker to skip tracks, etc (again, this was their cheapest phone).

I expect I'd be disappointed, since even a k2 didn't work out for me - I don't think there's a real chance that after a Priv and a KEYᵒⁿᵉ it would satisfy.
    https://www.reviewgeek.com/91198/les...i-hate-it/amp/

https://www.droid-life.com/2022/02/2...s-pixel-6-pro/

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021-r...r-pixel-6-pro/
    03-03-22 12:28 AM
    Well, I might go through those links, but I'm not promising anything (lol) because you gotta remember this isn't something exactly on my radar of interest.

Simply put, Google has struggled worse than LG to get my attention. #1 I'm as fond of the company as I am of basically fb - that is to say, of course many of us use their platform, but that's about where the appeal ends. My company uses Gmail, but if it was another client I wouldn't even blink. #2 I'm only on android because that's what the Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ shipped w/ not out of any loyalty. #3 they've been outperformed in most aspects (though not the camera, as I conceded earlier) by almost all of their competitors, from software arriving to Essential phone first, to them refusing to add a wide angle lens while literally *all* other brands adopted them (LG lead the pack but pixels were some of the last to get all 3 - reg, wide, and zoom), to the famously cringe-worthy bathtub notch of the 3rd, to now bugs and issues on the 6 (think I recall someone mentioning that even their fixes/patches were making things worse).

Now don't get me wrong, bugs and stutters aren't something I'm against, really - I do still use BlackBerry after all, to this day. But 52 shortcuts and the ever present chance of a "whoa what phone is THAT" especially when added to a 99% typo reduction + nostalgia dopamine hits, all have a tendency to balance out the experience - neither of which I expect to find on the uniqueless, featureless, s-penless, grippy backless, tactileless, slabfullness of a pixel. Respectfully 😉
    the_boon likes this.
    03-03-22 01:00 AM
    Latest KEYᵒⁿᵉ bugs:
    - native sms app (from Google) has lost its top header, w/ all the contact info (name, menu dots) might try the couple I've had luck on like Mood or Pulse
    - volume has a new tendency to change between tracks, where it will be notably quiet. playing a previous/next track, or making a phone call, will often get the volume back to normal levels oddly (but not always)
    03-03-22 05:56 PM
    Latest KEYᵒⁿᵉ bugs:
    - native sms app (from Google) has lost its top header, w/ all the contact info (name, menu dots) might try the couple I've had luck on like Mood or Pulse
    - volume has a new tendency to change between tracks, where it will be notably quiet. playing a previous/next track, or making a phone call, will often get the volume back to normal levels oddly (but not always)
    Messages works fine on my KEY². Are your apps all up to date on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ?
    03-03-22 06:11 PM
    Yes I manually check updates at least once per day. Priv trained me well, hehe
    03-03-22 07:45 PM
    Celebrated the beginning of this year by taking CBK/CrackBerry news as inspiration for a factory reset of my beloved KEYᵒⁿᵉ to try and breathe life into what may very well turn out to be my very last BlackBerry (since Priv has finally become so unreliable that even I've been forced to face the music).

It was a hard plug to pull because of sooo much music and old pics etc, that I've collected on this little 32 gigs (original silver unit) much of it was backed up to the microSD w/ in its tray, but I've taken that out as well in an attempt at a 100% clean slate.

Who else out there is sticking w/ their fav bb's until they quite literally become un-useable? 😇
    Hi Exedorable my good BBB (BlackBerry Brother). I also am sticking with my KEYone. September 1st will be 1 year that I have been using the phone with absolutely NO problems whatsoever. I do appreciate all the security concern messages I have received, but it has been my experience that there aren't any. Either that or the Hackers are sure taking their sweet time. I purchased mine off of ebay new in sealed box. It is working as good today as it did the first day I'm happy to say. 😁😁😁
    Exedorable likes this.
    08-08-22 07:58 AM
    Well, I might go through those links, but I'm not promising anything (lol) because you gotta remember this isn't something exactly on my radar of interest.

Simply put, Google has struggled worse than LG to get my attention. #1 I'm as fond of the company as I am of basically fb - that is to say, of course many of us use their platform, but that's about where the appeal ends. My company uses Gmail, but if it was another client I wouldn't even blink. #2 I'm only on android because that's what the Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ shipped w/ not out of any loyalty. #3 they've been outperformed in most aspects (though not the camera, as I conceded earlier) by almost all of their competitors, from software arriving to Essential phone first, to them refusing to add a wide angle lens while literally *all* other brands adopted them (LG lead the pack but pixels were some of the last to get all 3 - reg, wide, and zoom), to the famously cringe-worthy bathtub notch of the 3rd, to now bugs and issues on the 6 (think I recall someone mentioning that even their fixes/patches were making things worse).

Now don't get me wrong, bugs and stutters aren't something I'm against, really - I do still use BlackBerry after all, to this day. But 52 shortcuts and the ever present chance of a "whoa what phone is THAT" especially when added to a 99% typo reduction + nostalgia dopamine hits, all have a tendency to balance out the experience - neither of which I expect to find on the uniqueless, featureless, s-penless, grippy backless, tactileless, slabfullness of a pixel. Respectfully 😉
    It's not often that I eat my own words, certainly not as often as some would like (😉) but maaan was I underestimating the pixel, and now that I'm a 6a owner it makes me wonder just how many others missed out on this line of awesome products.

Tomorrow I'll be reading those links 😊 😇
    09-07-22 01:20 AM
    Kind of considered taking my key1 on a short little mini vaca we're about to take. But kinda don't want to deal w/ freezing, endless lag, and gps that jumps around.

But (!) also just can't put this pixel 6a down!!
    cribble2k likes this.
    09-17-22 10:34 AM
    Kind of considered taking my key1 on a short little mini vaca we're about to take. But kinda don't want to deal w/ freezing, endless lag, and gps that jumps around.

But (!) also just can't put this pixel 6a down!!
    It’s good that you’ve found a phone that suits you and gotten away from BlackBerry coz things are only going to get worse as time marches on.
    Exedorable likes this.
    09-17-22 02:18 PM
34 12